/BEER GENERAL/

Drainpour edition

Whacha drinking?
Whacha brewing?
Sick of stouts yet?
What's your favorite style? Least favorite?

Previous threads:
Discord: discord.gg/rqsxQdW

Other urls found in this thread:

millercoorsblog.com/news/anheuser-busch-turns-to-bud-light-blends-line-extension-to-boost-sales/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this motherfucker. It has 8.4% alcohol, in the throat it tastes like 0%, but in the head it feels like 20%. Damn Belgians, why do they make these little devilish beers

also I tried the ancient style of Jopenbier today, really good. 45° Blg. Interesting, tastes somewhat like a Baltic Porter or an Imperial Stout, but thicker, and very aromatic.

My coffee beer of choice lately

A cowfee stout at a local brewery/bar.
Not sicks of stouts since all others beers taste like piss water or liquid pine needles

I absolutely love this stout, it has a great smooth taste. Is there anything better than this? I'd like to try different stout, preferably with a richer consistency.

>not drinking it from a Pauwel Kwak glas
pathetic

love milk stout, not tried nitro, is it available in the uk?
enjoy a mackinsons over here

im drinking the best of them all of course

>When one of your favorite breweries releases Reddit: The Beer for its anniversary
JUST

A local brewery released their first DIPA this week, super good. Very balanced, not boozy at all, nice and fruity. Wish they served more than a half pour but at least I can get a growler of it.
good old gut-rot-in-a-can

Where are you located? Region means a lot

soak that spill up with some rags, wring them into a barrel, call it an aged sour in five months

got some from vermont, a solid 9/10

Los Angeles my dude
I'm not sure if it's available in the UK. Nitro just makes the stout a lot smoother, kind of like coffee with cream.

eh, they didn't have those at my place

>Whacha drinking?
boxed red wine at the moment
>Whacha brewing?
haven't brewed lately. have a mead that i kegged over a year ago. was gonna tap it, but i'm co2 tank is empty
>Sick of stouts yet?
never liked 'em
>What's your favorite style? Least favorite?
kölsch. IPA

fat heads trailhead pale ale 7.5%

had this one again, and it's still excellent
it boggles my mind that shit's so coffe tasting while there's not a single bean in it
the malt roasting is damn well done, and there are lots of them

also fuck I wish I had access to such a large market as the US (living in europe)
my uncle who often goes there for work brings me back some stuff, but the choice is quite limited (his flat is in New York and he's mostly there for work so he's got no time to get to fancy beer places for me)

That's embarrassing

I tried Omni's coffee cream ale the other day and really liked that as well. Great brewery in maple grove. Their helles lager was really damn good too.

i bought a 6 pack of this and i hate it. i regret buying it.

Looks like a slop of shit.

The first release of it was great. The last time I had it there was too much carbonation and cinnamon

Anyone try this? They only brew it on one day per year (December 9) and then age it for 10 months before bottling. This is my first time trying it, this one was bottled in 2016. Its very interesting, a strangely rich taste, I don't know how much I like it but I thought it was interesting none the less

>Sick of stouts yet?
No
Stouts

Had this stuff at a local bar and ended up picking up a pack.

Tastes great.

this shit is worse than beers making fun of trump

>Whacha drinking?
Smoked porter and a cirta pale ale
>Whacha brewing?
Have my first all grain pale ale ageing a bit, needs about another week before it's good.
Still debating on the next one, had pic related which was good, want to see if i can recreate it. I've made IPAs but not dark IPA and i'm not sure how close the hops i can get will be.
Planning on joining a brewing club to talk to people who know a bit more
Good Double/Triple IPAs are great, a lot of them seem to half ass a bit on flavour and your just left with a strong sweet alcohol taste without anything to back it up

Still haven't really found a lager that i like.

Pic related is basically just a heavier and richer version of what you like.

If you're willing to branch out from nitros, but would like to keep to sweeter stouts, I'd suggest stuff by Evil Twin.

Left Hand Nitro Stout makes it out here, I think James Clay distribute it, I'm sure some british brewers do them can't think of any to hand

speaking of the devil, I was considering buying it when I was at the liquor store on friday. It sells for $5.25 here and I hesitated, thinking I'll research it beforehand to see if it was worthwhile. But it still looked intriguing.

I'm a bit put off by the "overwhelming sweetness" descriptions, but considering I'm a fan of sweet Belgian quads, I think this will go well with me.

>Still haven't really found a lager that i like

I'm not a fan either but I really enjoy Camden tropical lager (quite cheap, I think it's about 1,8 €for a 33cl can) and salève (more expensive, about 4 € for a 33cl one) on off days when I just want to drink a beer and I'm not in the mood for anything fancy

>haven't found a lager I like

Schwarzbiers, my guy

thanks for the reaction pic

Just tried this yesterday. Ignore all the reviews. It's fucking great

rick and morty beer is nothing new my friend

millercoorsblog.com/news/anheuser-busch-turns-to-bud-light-blends-line-extension-to-boost-sales/
Bud light basically just giving up on selling to adult men now

holy shit this is good

i was starting to think i didn't like stouts

>3.5 percent alcohol-by-volume

what is the market for this lmao

kids want to get wasted and it'll probably not even taste better than something like mike's hard lemonade which is higher abv

moms

anyone else think Sierra Nevada's stouts are underrated? I always pick them up when I see them.

>establish career in the craft beer industry
>pay bills from the sales and distribution of local craft beer
>have to accept the fact that people in the same industry as you are making beers with fucking rick and morty references on them

It's hard sometimes senpai

if you cant beat em, join em

>double IPA with szechuan peppercorns and 5 lbs. of shleem per barrel

name it plumbus juice and people will eat that shit up

story?

Nothing fancy, just lager.

Rick and Morty is a good show regardless of what reddit tells you

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

third season was definitely the weakest though, by a lot

To be fair, people who hate good things are actual idiots
Especially if they hate them based on their hatred of an absurd caricature of the fanbase invented on reddit rather than based on the content itself

MY NIGGER!!!

>good old gut-rot-in-a-can
That would be this

Sorry about shitty phone camera, I thought I fixed the rotation

It certainly was overwhelmingly sweet, but in a way that's hard to describe. I'd definitely recommend it to try at least once

Nobody said it was a bad show.

Go gargle your szechuan sauce while you parrot Rick quotes to your co-workers, fatty.

It really is amazing how fast reddit got internet people to turn against Rick and Morty "fans"

I fucking hate this overlap between Rick and Morty fans and craft beer. There's nothing more disgusting than a skinny-fat manchild fanboying over a cartoon while they sit at the bar of a taproom bobbing their head to Modest Mouse and attempting to crack awful jokes to the disinterested bartender while they sip on their double chocolate imperial oatmeal milk stout aged in rye whisky barrels.

Jesus fuck, you can't just keep saying "reddit" and expect to dismiss somebody's opinion.

Looks like a big slop of shit

based literal shit-poster strikes again

but Rick and Morty and good beer are both good. Why does any of this bother you? And Modest Mouse too for that matter, they are fine. And cracking a joke to a bartender? What does that have to do with anything?
>you can't just keep saying "reddit" and expect to dismiss somebody's opinion
There is no denying that the Rick and Morty fan base caricature and backlash against that was created and popularized on reddit, and is rather silly

Why do you have this image? And what is the point? Some guy in a large group in a brewery has a undershirt with the image of a guy from a TV show? and this is bad?

Please confirm that you'd feel the same way if his t-shirt had a pony on it

Nobody wants to stand near that faggot poser on the left.

I mean I certainly would not save the image and post it somewhere even if it was a pony. That would obviously be more embarrassing for the guy though

He probably just recited a totally epic quote from the hit tv-show Rick and Morty. It is such a shame that the show would be unanimously loved by all had it not been for Reddit.

Malt liquor is garbage and is for pussies

I think you're a judgemental asshole, but honestly ice beers are even cheaper and more of a less sweet, more malty tasting beer. I think 40s are more of an image thing. I'm disappointed drinking 40s when I can get two 24 or 25 oz cans for the same price and less skunkiness/warm leftovers at the bottom. I had a Schlitz malt liquor at my friends house and it was 1 cent cheaper than Milwaukee's Best Ice, and tasted way worse. Like a Steel Reserve Light lmao.

Clean your desk dude

chekd
Elysian makes good beer. Sad they sold the company, just because muh community. Immortal IPA was my favorite IPA for a long time.

Pic related is pretty good, especially for the price. Their Joe IPA was my favorite IPA for a while too, but they use a lot of Amarillo hops in it, and I really like that hop.

Glass was a sample from the name on the glass.
Nucleated.
>...[by] laser etching tiny grooves into the inside base of a glass, dissolved CO2 has something to latch on to and form bubbles...
I really like using different glassware, but I've been using the two of these I have for almost everything I drink lately.

>pokemon card
>2/3rds of a green day cd
>fidget spinner
if you didn't have a can of beer i'd think you were an autistic 14 year old

Wow, I drank it once while blackout drunk at some guys place and thought it was a regular lager

But light is a woman's drink

Found my new go to beer. This shit is great and fairly inexpensive

Probably Swedes. Check out their alcohol policy.

What's the beer in it? Looks gorgeous.

The can is literally right there man

One of the best Mikkeller ones lately!

Best stout ever

This looks tasty. Is it light and refreshing or thicker and sweeter?

It's very light. Photo was taken without natural light.

Nah.

Favorite mn stout.

Looks like a Mark Zuckerberg sex toy.

same one as in europe ? they are danish but brew in Belgium for export tax reasons
do they do the same in the us ?

oh shit I only saw the zoomed in post, sorry

Fair State in general can't go wrong. Roselle is great and a place near me has their IPA on tap for $3 a pint, can't be beat

yeah, I've read that they get taxed by abv. How does that translate to end product prices, are Swedish craft-beer drinkers getting gouged?

>this taplist

>DMLK
>Dick Micker Lalt Kiquor

Its the black history month version

Just bought this for $20, what should I expect?
In what order should I consume them? Or should I let them age a bit?

aging wouldn't hurt but it shouldn't be necessary

I've only had their roselle and giants bane. I just tried roselle raspberry and it was damn good. I've been meaning to try their other stuff but just keep buying the same shit from them