/brit/

Thread reserved for GREAT british food. Americans are NOT welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/marys_bakewell_tart_12584
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Americans are NOT welcome.
Don't worry mate. At this 'our iss just us Ausses.

I always enjoy your shepard's pie when I can get some spring meat from the kiwis.

I used to think the britbong trolls were just pissy kids, but now I get it. I'd be upset too if I had to eat food that looks like the disgusting shit out of cookbooks from the 40s and 50s that we make fun of.

Fuck you and your beaver teeth.
I was happy to see this thread until I read your shitty op. So now you'll fucking never get to hear an American talk about great British food, you fucking muppet.

The fuck is wrong with you

t. Real Aussie

>Doesn't know about kiwi lamb.
>Pretends to be an Aussie.
Sure.

Hey, man, I'm a 2nd generation British American. I love pork pies and such. Don't hate on me.

you have to go back. maga

I enjoy fish and chips but in all honesty the newer version not soping grease are better.

The few hours of the day when bongs and 'straya cross over are literally the lowest of the low for anything of quality being posted on Veeky Forums.

Ffs. Mix your gravy properly you gimp. It's not like stirring things is hard.

Melton mwobray > regular pork pies.

Srsly. Looks less raw, tastes better, better texture.
The trick is to go midrange. Pork Farms looks fancy but is full of gristle (plus one of their vans nearly killed me once), the cheap ones are mostly air, and the super fancy ones have too much other shit in.

Judging by the utter shit it's poured on it's probably ready made gravy

That shit looks french.
pate en croute.

>britain
>great
Only in name fellows

You asked for it.

I'm British, we just cant compete with the yanks when it comes to food, seriously, wtf do we have to compete with? Most people can barely cook, mostly buy ready made shit in a jar from supermarkets, most restuarants are just ok but nothing special, most curry houses are just shit in a tray same goes with chink food, dodgy kebabs with fuck knows what's in it meat, bland fastfood joints, greasy spoon cafes with their cancerous sausages and bacon, over priced fish and chip shops who have no idea how to cook great fish and chips.
Fuck british food, it has and always be a fucking joke.

WHAT TIME IS IT LADS

>pour beans on bread
>wrap it in a newspaper
>later on get drunk and shit yourself

ah yes, british cuisine

britannia rules the waves, kiddo...
heheh
don't forget where you came from...

The primary theme of that Gordon Ramsay show, "The F Word" is that the majority of British women don't know how to cook while the men are getting increasingly better at it. Which uh....strange.

That looks like shit. DISGUSTING!

Hey lets take some perfectly good "chips" and squat out a big slop of shit on them.

I don't really understand why you think Amerilard food is any better. You'd actually have a point if you said we couldn't compete with France/Italy etc

>not the fullsize

LOOKS LOIK AYYT BONGS MATE

as an english person i can safely say: fuck pork pies, fuck everyone who eats them. i'd say the only merit of english food over american food is it doesnt all come XL topped with 20 kraft singles

>forget
We won

*enters your thread*
Do British people actually eat this?
t. obsessed

A hot dog stuffed in jello inside a pie?

Yes. They are trapped in Good Housekeeping 1962. Sometimes I could swear their entire culture was developed around a company like Hormel.

Do y'all really eat eel pie or is this just a British baby boomer thing? What do eels taste like?

>t. respectfully curious American

Eels taste and texture is basically the same as a really meaty whitefish.
>t. American that's had eel before in sushi

Just made a cottage pie in my cast iron. Who said Brit food is all crap? This is fantastic.

The most British dish in Britain has got to be the mighty Kebab.

Don't forget your chicken tikka.

The Germans will fight them for the Kebab

Since this lacked a food image, here is a classic dish of the Isles

That looks like a slop of sloop

Is that a block of spam?

1 It's not eel pie, that doesn't exist. What you're thinking of is jellied eels

2 It's far from a national dish, it was only ever a London thing

3 Yes almost nobody eats them any more except a handful of old people that remember it from their youth and the occasional person that buys it out of curiosity then never has it again

>freshly baked
Is England's industry so small now that they had to melt down all their rotating spits and deep fryers for the steel?

As an evil American who's "not allowed" in this thread, I'll say Cumberland pie is pretty cozy as fuck, as long as it's made well (like pic related) and not mushy shit.

>tfw eel sashimi has an entirely different texture than most other sashimi
>tfw you have no idea what you're talking about and just wanted to look cool in front of an american
What would a brit know about sushi anyway? You guys only eat your fish battered and fried or poking out the top of a pie crust.

>its bad cuz its old

What childlike logic you have. Do you only eat dishes that were invented in the last decade? Oh wait - burgers are arguably hundreds of years old and hotdog weiners can be traced back to the fucking 13th century

That's a pizza box that has been repurposed, "freshly baked" doesn't refer to its contents in that image

>baked pizza
What's it like living in the 19th century? Fried pizza is objectively superior.

fuck off mutt

While not eel, lamprey pie does exist and might be what was thinking of. Although it has long gone out of fashion as a delicacy, hunting restrictions on in effect in Europe, and usually they just make one for the Queen out of ceremony rather than actually eat it.

>t. Muhammad Abdule Sharaka

Weird-ass foods in America we made as poverty rations are starting to disappear. Britain seems to pride themselves in dog-food jello pea-pie.

>all Veeky Forums shitposting is factually correct and well researched

I'm sure every American family eats meatloaf and burgers daily too

looks like a slop of shit. tbqh

lads you know them wall's bread tings ye
never had one hot
good??

Canada is part of Commonwealth, so I'll say that I enjoy Bangers and Mash, but don't understand the appeal of mushy peas. Also, marmite and vegemite ain't so bad.

Every fucking thread. Take your forced meme back to l eddit, fagboy.

Weak-ass argument Nigel, the gelatin abominations did exist and not even america has ever been so culinarily desolate that they thought of them as something worth showing off.
You guys sure are cute when you try to defend this shit.

Unwelcome American here. I fucking love mushy peas. They just really help tie a plate of pub grub together. Not so much a fan of marmite though.

>being annoying
Why in the fuck would you ever open that image anyway.

You guys seem to produce a lot of famous chefs though. The problem isn't that Brits can't do food well, it's that your culture keeps instilling the idea that you need to eat fucking garbage. Your kebabs are inferior to anything you'd get in a Lebanese or Afghani place in the US, your curry CAN be good, but is mostly bottom-rung drunk food, you can fry a fish and potatoes pretty good but you never eat anything green, and half the stuff you eat comes from a can or a packet. I do like your canned beans, but being half-Caribbean, my beans outclass yours by far, because we actually use herbs and spices.

I'll also say that I fucking love British savory pastries and pies. That just-so-hard yet flaky shell and some unidentifiable meat and onions in the middle, served just lukewarm, somehow seems comforting to me.

But like I said, you can get a damn good meal in Britain. It's just that for some weird reason your people love garbage. And I say this as an American, a people who fucking love garbage.

LOOKS

Nice reading comprehension Tyrone, I wasn't denying the food exists I was pointing out that the food that always gets mentioned in these shitpost threads is eaten way, way less than you think it is

Fucking this, for fucks sake.

>Your kebabs are inferior to anything you'd get in a Lebanese or Afghani place in the US, your curry CAN be good, but is mostly bottom-rung drunk food, you can fry a fish and potatoes pretty good but you never eat anything green, and half the stuff you eat comes from a can or a packet
could you baselessly regurgitate stereotypes any harder? britain is huge for green veg and we use herbs and spices aall the time.

>being half-Caribbean,
oh that explains it. you think herbs and spices only come in a plastic tub labelled 'cock seasoning'

You're talking to 2 different people, you scrubber. I'm not half carribean, but I agreed with him, and you're a bratty little butthurt asshole who wouldn't know how to properly cook green vegetables and herbs if they bit you in the choade. Britain has some quite nice food, but the majority of the population eats premade garbage and takeaways or dishes that are fucking cooked to death.

>you think herbs and spices only come in a plastic tub labelled 'cock seasoning'
Literally the only pre-packaged seasoning I ever use is dried oregano. And I use fresh just as often.

this all looks like shit wheres my burger at

the urban working classes eat like shit, just like they do in a million other countries. but anyone who says the the brits 'don't eat anything green' is completely fucking ignorant.

Who here /britfish/? This was the food of the high-gentry.

>Your kebabs are inferior to anything you'd get in a Lebanese or Afghani place in the US
>curry is mostly bottom-rung drunk food, >you never eat anything green, and half the stuff you eat comes from a can or a packet

Why do you feel you can make these sweeping observations about a whole country's food as a foreigner? Have you lived in Britain for a decent length of time? Or did you visit once, walk into the first curry place you saw and have a bad experience?

I've been to the US 3 times for my job and visited Indiana, Illinois and NYC and had a range of both good and bad meals there, I also noticed the (mostly overweight) US employees of the company got take-out on an almost daily basis and never brought in leftovers which implied they only ate precooked packaged meals at home. Even with that experience I still don't feel I can declare the US is a nation of TV dinner eating fatties with average quality restaurants

>And I say this as an American, a people who fucking love garbage.
Eating shit food is an Anglo tradition. The Canadians and Australians do it too. We Americans just happen to have a population of mostly non-Anglo descent and heavy influence from their continental European cultures so our common Anglo penchant for disgusting hog slop has been diluted a bit.

You should reread my post, cunt. You have terrible reading comprehension.

what a nothing response. guessing you're stalling while you shift the goalposts?

Same to you, bougie fuck. Prove you can cook green vegetables well, and I'll remove you from the loooooong list of bongs who can't or don't at all.

you've probably never even been to bongland.

Shit, I just read that in Lily Allen’s voice. What accent is that anyway?

estuary english

H-how many other countries??

Excuses, excuses....

Thanks! Heard a lady on WWILTY the other day use it.

Lily Allen is an English tart I'd love to eat

>Never get to hear an American talk
The dream.

>says the mumbly limey

>wall's bread tings ye
wot

Not anymore. The eel population suddenly collapsed a while ago and hasn't recovered.

> What accent
> He thinks people type with an accent

>I'll also say that I fucking love British savory pastries and pies. That just-so-hard yet flaky shell and some unidentifiable meat and onions in the middle, served just lukewarm, somehow seems comforting to me

you've obviously never had to suffer through the smell of a Fray Bentos steak and kidney

Why would you deliberately pick the cheapest most awful prepackaged pie as a typical example

>Most people can barely cook, mostly buy ready made shit in a jar from supermarkets, most restuarants are just ok but nothing special

You realise this is broadly true in most of the developed world?

>Jimmy Rustler's quarter pounder
I would rather that

How can I make these things bongs? A friend bought be a box back from London and they don't sell these where I live.

>america has ever been so culinarily desolate that they thought of them as something worth showing off

Why is there a hole in your pie? HAVE YOU BEEN FUCKING YOUR FOOD AGAIN user?

Making them like the Mr Kipling's ones? Not sure really, but they're a miniaturised version of a bakewell tart or cake, which you should be able to find plenty of recipes for. Difference is that they tend to have almond flakes as well.

Heres Mary Berry's recipe. bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/marys_bakewell_tart_12584

NO self respecting brit ever eats pork pies

Pork pies are amazing. Stop LARPing on Veeky Forums you sad boy.

You can get bigger versions? M8 I am going to cook this on the weekend, thanks. Also best sauce right here.