Al/ck/ alcoholics

last thread was delete

Going for 2 weeks this time.

I realized it's taking me more and more shots to get to the level of drunk i like to be when I purchased a 1.5 of jameson expecting it to last a couple days and it's gone the next morning. Wish me luck!

Go to your doc, explain the nature of your addiction and get a low script of ativan. If you can afford it or live in a civilized country (aka not the US), get into 2 weeks of detox. AA isn't amazing, but once you get involved it'll help you overall. You'll probably need at least a 8 month dosage of an antidepressant; after 6 weeks of lexapro, it did wonders for me. You probably don't realize how fucked your brain chemistry is.

Being a drunk isn't fun at all and it only gets worse. IBS, chronic gastritis, depression, chronic bruising, charley horses, general deterioration of health, etc. The further you go down the hole, the worse it gets. If you can make it over the 2 month hump, you'll never want to go back.

Best of luck user.

>silhouette man is secretly a fedora

i knew it

I got no problem with keeping my alcohol intake low. I think it might have something to do with my genetics. No one in my family is a drunk. They all drink in moderation. And i understand why, because when i get drunk i feel like dying. Its like taking poison. I tried to drink every day for a month once and in the end i was ready to kill myself. I was inpain, couldnt sleep and was getting real axious even to go outside. I drink weekends now and it works great. Still visit these threads tho.

Domo!

could go for some more benzos but i'm to anxious to leave the house. also weak. don't want to take the ones i have since im running low

Legit question, but are you Asian? I've heard they have a much harder time metabolising alcohol.

your all fags

No, I'm a race queer polyamtriphobe

Yup. Asian, thats me. The thing most of my relatives get addicted to is natural medicin like ginger extract pills, different kinds of animal bones and such.

I figured you'd just drink because of the shamefully small penis and complete disregard of your sexuality by the entire world.

>recommending an SSRI

Day 3 of a bender always murders me. Holy fuck

i thought every day is a bender for actual alcoholics

I usually go in multiples of 3. I think my liver is legitimately on its way out

I'm on day four and I've never went past three before. God help us.

Why can't I be addicted to something that makes you feel good like heroin?
I gotta go sober starting today

Why are apartment fire alarms literally Satan.

pro-tip: you can go on endless binges if you can remember to chug a bunch of water before going to bed and if you dont drink sweet shit with a bunch of additives

Walked in on someone raping a girl at a local pub. Should I have intervened?

She had a super slutty outfit on though.

FUKKEN /thread

my all fags?
I pounded a fifth of vodka and a bottle of wine. My body is not happy
You probably should have kicked the dude in the head

I've been drinking for about 11 years, and the last time before I quit, my final bender was about 8 or 9 days.

I think the worst part for me about benders, aside from sometimes upsetting/concerning loved ones and the following withdrawals, is losing days in between. I've woken up thinking it was Tuesday before only to find out it's like Friday.

If this is a serious post you're a retard and you're going to regret not intervening for the rest of your life.

>local girl found murdered after being raped at X pub

if it makes you feel better ive had sober, middle-aged coworkers on night shift think it was 2 or 3 days off from what it was

because average autists on a Tibetan beat-boxing forum are witnesses to rapes in public spaces, and they're not just shitposting

It's actually pretty embarrassing, unnerving and confusing to wake up to shit like that. I've sat there baffled knowing the reason it happened, but still trying to recall what the fuck went on during those days, mostly hoping I didn't piss anyone off.

Luckily I would just stick to my apartment during benders other than to get more alcohol.

Is it possible for your liver to hurt from a bender? Because I think my liver hurts

Yes.

shaking has mostly stopped buds, still a bit nauseous but i am growing stronger

No.

gonna go for a sober stretch?

yeah we'll see how long that lasts

you can do it my mango

Of course, why wouldn’t it

You can have pain associated with liver/gall bladder issues but locating it is very very iffy. A pain in your right side below the ribs can be a dozen other things than the liver, some of them located a fair distance from it.
You'll have to go to a doctor and have some bloodwork done to know for sure.
If you're a regular in these threads you ought to do that, pain or not.

because the liver isnt a sensory organ
that said i have no idea how innervated livers are

friendly reminder: buy some propel fitness water powder packets. easy to mix into water. same thing as gatorade basically but cheaper. also get folic acid and vitamin b1 (thamine). take all that for a few days and you will feel so much better soon.

i have some b1 and multivitamins but was too stupid to buy any powerade or shit like that

Man when I was at the hospital I was prescribed folic acid along with my anti depressant. Shit is great.

powerade and gatorade are meme drinks designed to make you think you can only get sodium, potassium and water from sports drinks

I started drinking before realizing Final Fantasy XIV was under maintenance. Playing a game is the one thing that keeps me from going berserk when I drink. I'm afraid getting blackout drunk today. I've already taken 10 shots in an hour....

That shit is going to hit you like a truck pretty soon, m8.

pls no die m8

Just picked up a 5L of boxed wine and a fifth of Evan Williams.

HERE WE GOOOOO~

>tfw you start to have solid shits again instead of watery diarrhea or constipation after quitting

after my last bender, i got a weird headache in like the back left of my brain, and its happening a bit when i drink now.

did i break my brain finally

how the fuck do i get laid when I'm ugly as fuck. I haven't had sex in 3+ years

pay a hooker, about ~$120 for an alright looking one, get drunk, bang, leave and go to home alone, realizing that your still empty, drink some more and pass out on the floor and piss yourself

>getting involved in other peoples business because some bitch dressed like a whore
>whiteknighting
>getting shot/stabbed over a whore

No, A million times over.

finally managed to down an egg
dont know why but i loves me some eggs

Square Enix caused this feel

Good luck New Amsterdam. I remember when you said to quit it for 3 days just because you wanted to try out WD's. (it was around the fake missle alarm) Godspeed breh.

Greetings from the Netherlands.

its the only logical choice

>wanted to try out WD's
why would anyone want this

Get on my level

>I haven't had sex in 3+ years
Well you already apparently did it before. How did you do it the first time?

I’ve had the squirts for the past almost 36 hours. My anus is red raw from 30+ visits to the toilet.
Fucking cheap wine, why do you curse me.

>haven't drank in 11 days except for maybe 2-3 shots once the week before last
>every time I lift my index finger from my mouse it spasms for like 3 or 4 seconds
Is it my nervous system fucked after 10 years of drinking, or is it because of the vibration from just vacuuming my dirty ass apartment for like 45 minutes

Vegetable juice does the same thing and is cheaper.
If you get low sodium juice, they replace the NaCL salt with more KCl.
Perfect electrolyte cocktail

Never take SSRIs and never go to your doctor about abuse. This shit follows you forever, as does every instance of mental medication you take.

Not him, but SSRI's work differently for everyone honestly. Not saying they're the best idea, but they can work wonders for some people.

Myself for instance, I've had success so far with Citalopram with only mild headaches as a side effect. Between that and quitting altogether, my mood and anxiety have both improved a ton and I never even think about alcohol anymore after abusing the living fuck out of it for 12+ years. For me this time around it was more out of sheer desperation (after rejecting them for years and years) and willingness to try anything to turn my life around. Again, that's just me though. I'm not sitting here recommending anyone go out and just jump right on them or anything.

What are mixers I should have on hand for cocktail making?

I do a lot of woodworking and this summer I'm making a liquor cabinet for myself. I've got all sorts of whiskey, bourbon, gin, vodka, rum and the like, but I also have a couple decent cognac's and I always try to keep an unopened bottle on sweet and dry vermouth, but outside of the one bottle of campari, and triple sec, I don't have an mixers. Where do I need to start looking?

Club soda, Tonic, various coks or fruit juices. Its really not rocket science, but you probably would want to keep these refridgerated and bring them out when you're hosting.

Also most people in this thread never have enough of a stock anyway, as fine degenerate alcoholics. I literally can't stock up or buy nice things because I will just end up drinking it. Being drunk and drinking a cheap whiskey, run out of cheap whiskey, open cabinet and see more expensive whiskey and start drinking that.

Drambuie, midori, cointreau, and angostura bitters are my typical mixing liquers; start looking through a book of popular cocktail recipes like the NY bartender's guide. That should help a framework as to what you should get.

Thanks yall! I just want to get to the point if I hear of a cocktail, there's a 70% chance or so I can just go in the other room and make it.

My dad made sure to explain this to me when I was younger

How do you make taking a break not so fucking boring? I'm on day 2 and all I've done is lie on the couch and in my bed.

jesus fucking christ man. when I was really bad I was in top physical shape and drinking every day. 5 double shots usually put me to sleep at my desk in the barracks. drink some water please user.

When I need to distract myself I always find something I'm even reasonably interested in and say "by the end of the week I want to know everything I can about this topic"

During my divorce I learned film photography (went from knowing nothing to being really familiar with f-stop, iso, exposure time, light values etc) When I wasn't such an emotional wreck, I learned I'm not all that into photography, but it was fun learning it and getting granddads old Rolleiflex out of the closet, and now I know something about it.

That's when I picked up woodworking too, but that one stuck with me, that's when I learned how to make dope shit like and pic related

That rose is on the middle shelf of this.

i have become inexplicably horny

ssris saved my life.

try some games on your phone from the app store. i love the walking dead.

hey faggots.

i'm on day 7 of sobriety, i think. i could have a beer i guess, but i can't be arsed to go buy some. it's been about two weeks since i binged on cheap vodka and 95% grain alcohol. i'm pretty sure i'm never going back to the bottle like that again. maybe a tipple now and then but it feels so much better to be healthy and not sore and tired all the fucking time. i can kind of feel my strength coming back, and i'm working out for the first time in years. feels good.

you can do it anons, if you want to.

fuck the hard stuff. if you need to drink drink beer.

Sore and tired after 3 straight days. Teach me senpai

the secret is just drink every day for years and then get sick of it. whisky took my job, my health, my money and my time but thankfully i never hurt anyone.

now that i need to actually get a good job, quitting the bottle is a real necessity unless i want to end up on the street. and i can deal with that.

Pretty much what woodworking user said. I keep coming back to this quote from a self-help (lol) book on alcohol. "You don't just cut back or quit drinking, you lean to play the piano" or something like that i think. Basically as a drunk alcohol is your main hobby, source of stress relief, medication and even main source of nutrition. So you need to find something to replace that.

>where were you when last thread was delete
>sitting in home kitchen
>thread is delete
>"no"

This. My whole body is in pain, but I feel like I need to masturbate every 20 minutes
So weird. I wonder what causes it

Might just grab a cheeky 600 of vodka

hahahahahah what is this

wew lad

rekt

nevous system hyperarousal

Can we get a story and maybe a followup?
I don't know what that means

I'm experiencing exactly this right now. Three tallboys down and it still hurts. But tonight is the last of a nine day bender, guess I'll see what happens in a couple days. At least I stopped shitting blood this morning.

not my fucking problem.

>Story

I'm ugly

>can actually stomach food again on day 2
noice

can we see the girl?

thats a good sign.

Alcohol numbs your nervous system. Take a fall and you won't feel the pavement. Now that your body is having a break from having alcohol in its system it's getting used to having a functional nervous system again.

pic of you, pic of her plz

Did she just walk out on the date or did she go through with it?

these are beautiful user

I've posted my pic plenty ITT. Maybe later when I'm drunk