What's it like eating in a restaurant alone?

what's it like eating in a restaurant alone?

Terrible

kino, only topped by being one of few quiet loners in a dim lit café at night

correct
social autism

Just sit at the bar and talk with the bartender or the people sitting next to you.

It's ideal for anybody who actually likes eating. There's nobody else around to disturb you while you do what you came to do: enjoy a meal that you've paid someone else to make you.

it's pretty good

the other way around

I had to travel a lot for an old job, so I ate alone in restaurants all the time for like 4 years. I didn't find it off putting, and in some ways it was pretty good. Never got a strange comment from the service staff, and most of them were really nice when they found out I was from out of town.

I just stare at a cute girl and mumble when I speak.

>Go to the restaurant alone
>I'm a couple minutes late for my reservation
>As I walk into the dining area, the clientele turns to look at me
>One of them yells "HOLY SHIT, HE'S ALONE!"
>Whole dining room laughing hysterically as I take my seat
>Calls of "weirdo," "creeper," etc.
>Want to die
>After finishing my meal, the entire audience mobs me outside the bathroom
>They start dancing in circles around me, chanting deliriously and laughing
>They start singing a nursery rhyme about how only virgins dine out alone and how I should kill myself
>I can't get away because they've joined hands and won't let me escape
>They start throwing drinks and refreshment mints and stuff at me
>"HAHA LOOK AT THE LOSER GETTING STICKY"
>Wait staff come by
>They look mad but then they see me in the middle of the crowd
>One of them says "wait, did that fucker come here alone?"
>Wait staff join in, start using supersoakers to shoot used frying oil at me
>I'm lying in the fetal position sobbing at this point
>The dancing and chanting continues for over 13 hours
>I'm completely covered in food, oil, and refreshment mints
>Black guy goes NIGGA LOOKS LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE
>Crowd finally disperses
>Restaurant manager comes by
>Leans down, whispers in my ear "Never come here again"
>All I can do is whimper yes sir

Never again.

it's ok, i usually sit at the bar if i am alone. if there is no bar at the restaurant in question, i go during the quietest time of day and sit against the wall so no one can look at me

i like to read when i eat alone at restaurants

So many neet fucks have no clue...

I can't even eat a decent meal at home with the wife and kids constantly complaining or fucking around.

I come home "late" on purpose at least once or twice a week just so I can enjoy a nice quiet meal before going home to the chaos.

>a nursery rhyme about how only virgins dine out alone and how I should kill myself
Is that what Hey Diddle Diddle was about?

>make plans to eat out with a friend
>she cancels last minute
>already there, fuck it I drove this far and I'm hungry
>lunch hour, place isn't too busy
>get put into an 8 person booth next to other full ones when there were plenty if 2 seat booths both available and used
>mfw

I don't know if they were fucking with me or treating me well by doing that

No big deal. I don't give it second thought. Why do you consider it a big deal?
It's just a meal, not some life changing thing that you go on Dr Phil about.

As sands through the hourglass,
These our the greentexts of our lives.

Well have you ever churned down a big slop of shit in the can?

Liberating, once you've achieved the right frame of mind. No one gives a shit, and on the off chance you run into someone who is silently judging you their opinion doesn't matter since they're a massive sperg

>talk to fit in
Defeats the purpose, imo. Bring a book, laptop, game, whatever, or bring nothing and focus on your food and/or people watching. Do whatever you set out to do without catering your actions for the validation of others.

Eating in a restaurant alone for lunch isn't a big deal at all.
As you said it wasn't to busy, so they probably just put you wherever.

Sounds like you have plenty of experience, you anime posting mongoloid.
>inb4 butthurt weebs attempt to hide their anger with smug anime girl reaction images and snarky replies

you seem to have quite a bit of anger toward these anime girls. tell me about your mother

why this abuse? please don't be upset... i love you dude

If it comes to that, I just go to the bar

The reason I don't eat at my Uni cafeteria is because I'm always alone...

Nice in Japan.

Its not bad. But once people sit with you in order to earn sympathy points, then it becomes a problem

Honestly, I think it's just because I know they will never be real. Even if by some chance they were real, I'd be too ugly to even talk to one.
I know you're most likely being sarcastic, but my mother was always ugly. Like, really ugly. That explains a lot.
Thank you.

>sit with you in order to earn sympathy points
What shithole do you live in where people who aren't from the same party share a table?

Very much this, what prompts a person to do this.

Relaxing. I get to enjoy my meal without having to talk to anyone, and I can read a book or check the news or solve a crossword puzzle while I'm at it. I used to read books at bars a lot too.

Actually, pretty fucking chill. Food always tastes better when you can focus on it.

comfy as fuck desu
Do it all the time

Fucking depressing OP...

No one brings an 8 person party to lunch so the giant table goes to the first person who doesn't make a face when the waitress asks if it's okay.

Used to do it once a week at lunch bc time permitted and a nice Italian private restaurant was convenient.
I think dinner would be weird though.

We're just trying to be nice you fucking autists

Your fault for making shit life choices and being a bad parent

>go to fav sushi place, best in town, umami out the ass
>get seated and after ordering drink i look over
>dude sitting by himself dicking with his phone and eating
>poor guy
>he must be needin some friends
>i can tell by his blank expression and focus on his food
>go and sit at his table all the while making small talk
>get weird look
>"Im just trying to be nice i thought you looked pretty lonely over here guy"
>get even weirder look
>"Dude please talk to me this is getting akward"
>guy waves over the waittress with a panicked look
>immediately bolt for door crying
>i was just trying to be nice

Nice try bucko, youre the autist here.

Nothing, especially at lunch. People alone eat at restaurants all the time at lunch time.

checked and kekd

This is fine with me at a bar. I can engage or disengage with anyone who approaches me as I please. A restaurant is entirely different. Unless I know you, you should not approach me in a restaurant. I suppose maybe if you were a politician or a journalist or something, I could accept that, but generally restaurant clientele are screened before the pols show up anyway, and I can't readily think of many reasons why a journalist would want to disturb my meal.

Probably the worst thing is when a waiter actually sits at your fucking table. I know I'm wading into a flame war by bringing this subject up, but it makes me want to tip him/her nothing at all. So disrespectful.

i dunno i couldn't afford a proper restaurant so i usually just eat alone in the local gyros or chink foodery.
it feels calm and chilling desu.

Maybe the waiter was a fag looking to take you out?

quiet

Don't sweat it, you'll be able to afford it in time or put it on some expense account. The latter is better since your company pays for it.

I think he was just being overly-eager, and was probably on something at the time. He kind of looked and sounded like if Frank Zappa had a drug problem.

I've had people try to cruise me before. I didn't really get that vibe.

yeah i hope so, as soon as i get my job back.

I could see that being cool if it was a hot chick serving wench. Anything else and I'd like WTF is this?

I did get a waitress's number once but didn't have the balls to call her because I was in a pretty bad place in my life back then. I do kind of regret that, because you should have as much sex as fucking possible when you're young.

peaceful for me

>I just stare at a cute girl and mumble when I speak
You're doing it right user, girls find that hot.

>people sit with you
only ever saw this happen in cafeterias when there is no more space, what the fuck? does this happen in burgerland?

>waiter actually sits at your fucking table.
again, is this just trolling or is there any place in civilized world where people do this?

It's generally considered unacceptable and unprofessional, but it has happened to me.

I don't mind, but please don't talk to me or act like we've been friends for years.

Its annoying when I cannot come up with a conversation and some roastie talks to you as if you were some chad. She knows you will never have this experience ever again, so she does it out of spite due to your boring life.

Vermont.

And I usually experience this in cafes and small resturants.

Serene and very pleasant. If you care about how other people judge you, and you should to some extent if you want to live a fruitful, enjoyable social life, take a book or newspaper with you. If you sit there shitposting on Veeky Forums people will and should judge you.

Some restaurants think it's part of trying to create a "fun" or "wacky" atmosphere. Personally, I think it comes off as desperate and irritating, but then again I'm probably the only guy in the whole place who's there because I actually like the food.

Beats the hell out of the waiter that kept trying to do trivia questions and magic tricks, though.

happens to Chad all the time

had an interview a week ago and went to taco bell alone as a little treat.
It wasn't like, bad? I was just on my phone listening to music the whole time. People came through and ordered their shit, I just sat there and ate mine. It's not super lonely or anything. Just taking care of business.