How do i make the best fried chicken at home?

How do i make the best fried chicken at home?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uxEhH6MPH28
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Buttermilk and msg

The important thing is that it's been soaked/marinated overnight to ensure high juices and that you use a two-fry technique on it.

>Buttermilk and msg
>tfw cant find both of those easily here unless i go to some specialized store
i at least learned how to make "buttermilk" with some lemon juice and milk, but msg will be pain in the ass to find

Use the flavour packet from instant noodles, it's mostly msg

>marinate chicken overnight in either seasoned buttermilk, or seasoned salt water with a little vinegar mixed in
>prepare a deep pot or pan with your fat. Lard makes the best fried chicken, but if you don't want to use that, use peanut oil. Heat the fat to 350F. (But not until you're ready to fry, you don't want your fat to get too hot and start smoking. )
>make a seasoned flour mixture. I add salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, and a pinch of dried lemon powder, but you do you.
>roll the chicken pieces well in the flour, so they're nicely coated, put them on a baking sheet, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the coating to adhere.
>take out of fridge, roll in flour once again, and let sit on the counter 5 minutes
>drop pieces in hot fat and fry until golden brown on all sides. Use a thermometer to watch the oil temp. Keep the temp at 350F to ensure fully cooked chicken, don't let it go higher.
>don't crowd the pot/pan either, as that will affect the chicken cooking properly.
>warm your oven to 250F and put a cooling rack over baking sheet inside.
>place the fried chicken in the oven on the rack to keep warm while you finish cooking the chicken.

someone post the asian lady with the puffy face

Prepare your lard by frying a stick of butter and a slice of country ham in it first.

just order some kfc nerd

Fuckimg pig disgusting. You are a true plebian.

*plebeian

If you have an Asian supermarket near you, they should have MSG. The most common brand is Aji-No-Moto.

lemon herb brine
seasoned flour
big vat of boiling oil at 320F - 340F
(don't wanna burn the crisp before the meat is cooked)
finish with fried rosemary stems and lemon zest.

It's pretty easy user.

Pat dry, dredge in buttermilk and then breading, deep fry, and repeat.

>Pat dry, dredge in buttermilk
pat dry and make wet. kek.

You want it wet and sticky from the buttermilk, not the water.

just flour it then dip it into buttermilk then flour again.

"fry" it in an air fryer user

This faggot. He gets it.

This might show my shitty skills but how the fuck do you keep your oil at 350? I made my first batch in a cast iron and it came out amazing except the outside would be overcooked because my oil was getting far too hot

>keep your oil at 350
>outside would be overcooked
well cook at a lower temp.

A thermometer. You get the oil up to 350, and when you add the chicken, the temp will go down for a bit, and then rise again while the chicken cooks. You watch the thermometer, and adjust the heat if necessary to keep it around 350F.

No I meant that when I tried frying my oil was too hot and thats why it overcooked. I know I need to go at a lower temp
Bought one and found my oil creeping up to the 450s. I guess I was overestimating how much the chicken would cool the oil down by

>Bought one and found my oil creeping up to the 450s
stove model please. I want one that has your burners.

Yeah, I've had to turn my heat way down before because the heat somtimes goes up way too fast. You have to watchbthat shit. That's why i just don't ever fry chicken without a thermometer to help keep track of even cooking. There's too many variables to the heat in residential stoves.

It's a shitty electric oven from the 90s. I'll give it credit the fucker gets hot quick

hotplate modified with PID regulator and Duran glass encased k-type thermocouple

>msg will be pain in the ass to find
It is sold branded as Accent seasoning or Aji no moto, both of which you could order online. or you can buy crystalline MSG wholesale online, but it might be fentanyl depending on where you buy it from

Maybe in USA, im in easten yuropoorland, unless i go to some viet or chink store, that shit isnt sold on the regular in the supermarkets here, unfortunately

go to youtube.

type "food wishes" in the search field. Click search.

The first or second hit should be a round picture of a confused looking fat man with the words FOOD WISHES next to his head. Click that.

Click the search bar THERE. Type in fried chicken. Tap the enter key on your keyboard.

The first hit will be BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN. Watch that video. Do whatever he does. Check the blog for more info. Stop being a fucking retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=uxEhH6MPH28

cringe

cringe

move into a korean household.

Heres how I do it to get really flavorful and crispy fried chicken:
1. Make 3/4 buttermilk and 1/4 water mixture and let chicken marinade in it over the night.
2. get marinaded chicken and coat with flour in a plastic bag to get max coverage
3. fry- completely submerged in oil that is 365 Fahrenheit for 5-6 minutes
4. after doing all batches refry all of them at once for 1 minute at 365 Fahrenheit
5. add salt and pepper to taste

ive also added chili powder to the flour mix when I was making crispy buffalo wings and it worked out pretty well. easy, simple recipe and it always turns out super crispy.

What is the type of breading that is very thin and crispy such as buffalo wings?

It reminds me of tempura, but it's not.

Nigga you're eating raw chicken.
cornstarch

Are these good? my mom bought herself one recently but we havent used it yet

>cornstarch
oh true, I literally couldn't think of the word. thx

I find the buttermilk double dip in flour to be far too much breading. This is how my ozark hillbilly grandmother made it and it was the best I've ever eaten. I'ts how I make mine and people love it.
>liberally salt and pepper chicken pieces (I use legs and thighs
>mix AP with a little salt, pepper and paprika in a plastic bag or paper sack.
>coat chicken in flour
>heat cast iron over medium
>add lard (or vegetable oil if you must) to a depth of 1/4 inch when melted and heat until a pinch of flour dropped in sizzles
>shake excess flour off chicken and add to pan but don't crowd
>reduce heat to medium low and turn every 5 minutes
>remove to rack or paper towels when internal 165F, @20 minutes
>serve with favorite hot sauce or without

oh shit I forgot, in step 3 the mixture is not just flour- its like 3/4ths flour and 1/4th cornstarch my bad.
it works best with boneless pieces like tenders or boneless chicken wings, or small boned pieces like chicken wings. just adjust the time in step 3 if the piece is like a full leg or breast.

no

Use peanut oil.

Whats the difference in texture/flavour between flour and cornstarch?

you cant really taste it desu, in my experience, it gets crispier with corn flavor tho

stfu nerd

cringe

Get back in your trailer, jethro.

Pic unrelated? That's not corn starch.

Thats why i said FLOUR, you dumb FUCKING ape ?!?