Milkshake Thread

Milkshake thread

>Best/Worst flavours
>Best ways to present them
>Best places to get them

Why are Oreo milkshakes shilled fucking everywhere?

>Best is chocolate or vanilla, worst is probably whatever crazy thing is made up in japan
>No idea
>No idea

I guess they're shilled everywhere because people just love too much chocolate in one shake.

hate to break it to you, bud, but these all look like slops of shit

I always prefer either vanilla or strawberry

these things are already listed as my cause of death
i had a short, but delicious, life.

Best shake flavor is kinda situational. I like having a small chocolate shake with a good burger, it's indulgent but delicious. Oreo is good if it's done right, I've never disliked that, and strawberry is great as a standalone treat. Overall I guess it's chocolate, I love overly chocolaty things.

Strawberry, while the worst flavor for anything else, is consistently the best milkshake.

I went to a place that did this
They let me keep the mug

I think it was called the mug shakes

Banana milkshakes are GOAT. I always get one when I go to Checkers.
Can never go wrong with vanilla either.

In those 'custom milkshake' places, what do you guys put in?

>White kinder bueno
>Galaxy chocolate
>whipped cream
>strawberry sauce

Both gross and amazing

u aint lie

My lad

>tfw friji tastes like shit for me
feels bad tbqh, I still love homemade and restaurant shakes though

Best way to present them is the shake in a mason jar with a small sized plate of brownies\cherries\donuts etc. and a tiny spoon to scoop it in your shake with.

Best milkshake I ever had:
Blueberry milkshake from a local burger and shake place when I was in Montgomery, AL on my way to Atlanta

Worst milkshake I ever had: strawberry milkshake from McDonalds.. it tasted like cheese, it was fucking vile

The best place to get a milkshake is anywhere that serves spicy food.

Does anyone else get autisitcally mad when you browse for milkshake recipes but then 80% of them are hipster bullshit like OP's where its all about the fucking toppings instead of the actual part you should be enjoying. This is bullshit give me a malt shake recpie something with substance, something that is delicounousness this is fuckery beyond normalmeans

Cafe near me serves these fucking abominations

Imagine the calories

And another

Why do people feel the urge to stack shit on milkshakes? It's retarded

Coca Cola Float > Root Beer Float >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Milkshake

>sour candy on a milkshake
a FUCKING GUMBALL MACHINE and cotton candy on a milkshake. why?

Pear is my absolute favorite.

Oreo shakes are good. Cookies and cream has been my favorite ice cream flavor for a long time. It's just usually a little disappointing because they skimp out of the cookie chunks.

Made the mistake of buying frozen dairy dessert instead of ice cream last week because I was only paying attention to the part of the label that said it was jam packed with cookie dough. And it fucking was, not a single bite didn't have cookie dough in it.

A simple chocolate shake is pretty great though.

it wasn't made to be eaten. it was made to look good on pintrest.

much like how grocery store tomatoes aren't grown to be eaten, but rather to survive long truck hauls without bruising

So proud to be American

ever had a Dr Pepper float? its pretty rad

Posting pics of meme-tier ""freakshakes""

Bananananana is best

Oh boy! Diabetes!

>2018
>caring about your health

Patrician tastes user
"We can charge extra if we stack a bunch of cheap Halloween leftovers and random pastries on top" seems to be the overall thought process behind this things.

Where do you even start with this shit

i bet he isn`t even obese, haha

Are veggie smoothies as bad as they sound?

could use some blueberry muffins

Jesus, can't believe this isn't satire.
This one isn't sold anywhere. People do far more vile things behind closed doors.

>that full cake slice
They've made it genuinely less enjoyable to eat that cake by putting it there

Fuck no.
Trust me i was skeptical but a spinach, kale, and cucumber smoothie is refreshing as fuck on a hot day.

So is nobody going to post recipes?

Used to get them fairly often when this was around, they're really nice but made me feel shit complete shit afterwards

Peach is my favorite, but banana is always a go-to.

I think oreo milkshakes are pretty good
If possible, I get strawberry oreo milkshakes and I call them "strawberry dipped chocolate"

>Having anything dripping off the sides of the container that will cause sticky messes

>ice cream
>milk
>any chocolate/candy/flavouring
Put in blender, and you're done

>peach milkshake
>pear milkshake

Cautiously interested

yeah what the fuck
i understand why they line the inside of the glass with syrup because it looks nice, but having fucking syrup dripping down the side? that's disgusting. what if you need or want to pick it up? and it's not like it serves a purpose for flavor, you aren't going to lick the jar (ok some fat fuck might, actually)

>Drinking death in a cup

You're literally going to kill yourselves. Even a low end vanilla malt is 500 Calories and 90 carbs just by itself.

Fuck caution, enjoy.

Got a recipie? I fucking love cucumber.

>"Healthy" mint chip shake

43g of sugar per 8oz cup is hardly healthy, though I suppose you could sub out sugar frree choc chips, and low fat milk instead of almond. I might seriously make one of these.

I can't claim to have eaten very much kale but I think vegetables like spinach have a milder taste when they're not cooked so I imagine the cucumber taste is stronger than the greens right? I don't like cucumber either but I'm curious.

A grocery store near me makes their own healthy juice blends. They've got a red, green, and orange one. I decided to try the red one because it looked delicious and refreshing as fuck, ignoring the ingredient lists. Turns out I couldn't get past the strong beet taste. I really did want to like it. It had other stuff in it but all I remember is beets and lemongrass.

If you don't have it every day or week a person can live just fine.

here's your milkshake sir

tell me the one on the left isn't an entire chicken covered in toasted marshmallows

Looked like bananas to me

chicken grease running into the drink really brings out the vanilla malt flavor

Pear milkshake + fries is absolutely delicious... for some reason. I'm not quite sure how you'd make pear milkshake at home though, I think you could kinda peel and melt pears to make a slurry out of it? Blending it raw feels like it might add a bit too much texture but I'm unsure and my blender at home is trash.

Where my spearmint bois at

Sounds good desu

>a
>fucking
>croissant

>omg YUM !

What the actual fuck

How is one expected to eat these monstrosities?
Do they at least give you a plate?

This is fucking Instagram food not REAL FOOD!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>order that pic on the right
>you take one food item off to eat it
>it unbalances the whole thing and it falls over
>everything is now on that dirty table and soggy with bloody mary juice

It's like they purposely make the experience of eating these things a struggle.

Post a picture of your IDEAL MILKSHAKE

Who /afuckingleaf/ here? Oreo is decent, but Nutella is unreal. Worth the 1030 cals as long as you don't eat it every week

How are you people still alive?

My god. This is the most American image I've ever seen. God bless this country.

I have an ice cream problem so I don't buy ice cream anymore. This includes milkshakes.

>harvey's had a sale on shakes last summer
>got one pretty much every week on the way to my weekend side job
>put on like 5 pounds over the summer

I made a horrible delicious mistake

My nigga

What even the fuck

Pineapple banana best milkshake

Portillo’s Chocolate Cake Shake

Absolute legend

Best flavor I've ever had was a chocolate cherry milkshake made at this soda counter up in Alaska. Though their marshmallow chocolate one was also delicious.

>unwrapped candy bar
for what purpose

I want to believe the second one was made for satiric purposes

>consuming a single unhealthy thing will kill you immediately

The question of the century.

Is this milkshake?

best flavor/presentation/place: simple peanut butter milkshake from a greasy fast food place

these are shopped right

Is it actually common to get milkshakes with stuff stacked on top of them like that in America?

Call me amerifat all you want but that powder is addictive on ice cream

>not made with ice cream
>not even served frozen in any way
No

no, people started doing it because people wanted to take pics and share and it was good publicity, but now they've become self-aware how ridiculous it is

That looks good. I give no fucks I would destroy it

Yes
and the pic on the right is making fun of this type of shit
personally I got dragged to a place that did things like this by family and it was pretty good but it's a little bit over the price I would actually pay for something like this

I'm from the uk.

Generally I think they're referred to as 'freakshakes' when all that shit is on top

Not really
unless you count whipped cream with a a cherry

Why the fuck do people think that having shit smeared all over the side of a glass looks appealing

No, not at all. The majority of milkshake serving establishments will have whipped cream with a cherry on top. You can also choose to add some type of drizzle, either caramel, chocolate or strawberry.

If you REALLY wanted to pig out, you could maybe find someplace that will add a cookie into the shake.

But a fucking pizza and cheeseburger stack? Moonpies? No. These are memes.

Culver's or Andy's Frozen Custard for the shakes?

Hell, you don't even need to drink all of it in one day

Why didn't they unwrap the candies?

No. God is dead and we killed him.

There's like, lost souls or something trapped in that hipster-shake.

I'm a simple man

I like a nice pretty pink strawberry shake, no frills, just sweet chills, and I like it from Rally's after eating a greazy burger and fries

Occasionaly, I go with banana, OOH OOH AHH AHHH