Shit parts of great food

shit parts of great food

It's true but but you learn to eat around the cartilage once you turn 18

Well, skin-on parts are usually shit when you cook them at such a low temp that they boil themselves in steam.

>not putting it under the broiler for 2 minutes

its not the cartilage its the taste.

>not liking dark meat

once you turn 18 youll be able to enjoy it

I hate drumsticks too. Worst thing is I recently had it again since a long time and realized there's a second small bone in it. What a useless, boring and unnecessary piece.

maybe if you are a pleb who eats anything without making distinction. i bet you eat the skin too.

You mug, thighs are dark meat, and probably the best cut of chicken, if not one of the. Drumsticks are just shit. In fact it's children who mainly like them.

i keep a culinary torch at work whenever the dumbass from the office brings back chicken from the restaurant that doesn't know how to cook chickens properly for this reason.

casual filter

I've been eating a shitload of drumsticks later because they're so cheap, I can get 2lbs of organic legs for like $4. I usually do garlic, salt, pepper, a little lemon, and bake for like 40 mins on 375; anybody have another recipe to suggest? About to make some tonight.

Do people eat these? I'll nibble at them if I'm served a wing with the tip attached, but if I'm breaking down wings myself I'll just save the tips for stock.

/thread

I'm no handy-man but I kept a tank and brass nozzle around the house for occasional use. They're adjustable as hell so as long as you can use both hands.

You're either a toddler or autistic, which is it?

In a pot, stand chicken legs with the lower portion up. The size of the pot doesn't really matter, just pick whichever one will allow them to stand without falling over. Pour in your favorite barbecue sauce and let simmer for 35-40 minutes until they're cooked through. Finish under the broiler or on a grill.

Give me the crusts bro

it's an asian thing. the tips get good when they're crispy and sauced.

numale soyboy thread.

What? the skin is the worst part?

You monster

The wings are the worst part.

>baked
>skin
>chicken LEGS
My favorite part of the chicken cooked in my favorite way. nothing about that looks shit. do people really dislike legs or skin or dark meat? because its the first id go for in every order or preparation of chicken. Breast meat is just not as juicy.

the wings are easily the best part of the chicken.

I never got why people liked wings
They're 60% bone and 10% gristle
Sure I'll pull the meat off of a rotisserie chicken but just wings is just disgusting

I'm sure that's why they're in such high demand. Or why you can cook them until you can crunch through the bones.

Best part of the bird.

>There are people that buy drumsticks thinking they're cheaper when they don't take into consideration the weight is 60% bones

Thighs are where it's at.
Breasts are dry.

They're packed with flavor from melted skinfat. You probably read mommy blogs that talk about the scary dangers of chicken fat, don't you? Good, stick with overpriced, flavorless, skinless chicken breasts so good shit stays cheap.

No I just don't like eating them by themselves

You are clueless, op.

>60%
Iunno, on the pic there it's more like 40%, if not less. Remember, bones are mostly dry.

That's why you pair it with a delicious sauce and a beer

Sauce ain't gonna make it any better when there's hardly any meat

I like eating the cartilage though. And it's good for you too

>not eating the cartilage
but its literally the best part?

Those aren't the breasts, though. You've seen breasts before, right OP?

what I will never understand is why chicken marylands are cheaper than either legs or thighs

>eating around the cartilage

Some people hate flavor.

the bone in the drum stick adds a different kind of flavor as opposed to breasts, and they are cheap cuts