Anyone here grow their own fruits/veggies?

Anyone here grow their own fruits/veggies?

once i found a baby watermelon growing in the backyard. on its own. no help from anybody. and i shot it with a BB gun. my dad got really pissed. he is a hippy faggot.

No, I'm not a shartmutt so desperatly poor and obese that I need food in my backyard all the time.

I did a few years but got tired of weeding, watering and caring for the plants. I really want to build some above ground box planters with some moisture sensors that activate a solenoid spigot hooked up to a rain barrel.Maybe some kind of greenhouse thing enclose above it to keep bugs out.

I guess you don't mind starving during famine.
One less mouth to feed.

You are the faggot, user.

I've been thinking about it. If I make some above ground planters by spring I could plant some vegetables that fare well in the PNW.

i used to grow weed. then i my gf moved in with me and brought her "morals" with her.
worst decision ever

poison her on valentines day

LOL. spot on. we have a movie buff here.

at least now you can get high on pootang

I had a pepper vine last summer.

I’m raising some lion’s mane mushroom spawn. I really hope I succeed. I never tasted them before, and I’m excited to try something I can’t find in stores.

I had some papaya growing in the front yard but grandma came along and pulled it out of the ground, thinking it was a weed.

Im sprouting pepper seeds, or attempting to now. No idea if they're even viable seeds

I want to grow stuff in the backyard but not sure if it can take the AZ heat

Grow beans, pilgrim.

I grow my own spices because I live in a goddamn apartment and I can't imagine growing anything decently sized at all here. When I actually move to a house I'll be sure to start growing stuff.

when more like if more like never

keep working, drone

Bell pepper,hot pepper, or peppercorn (ground pepper)?

The desire to grow my own ganj lead into growing vegetables and herbs. Right now I've got the following growing under my grow lights for planting outside come spring:
-Roma tomatoes
-San Marzano tomatoes
-Radish
-Basil
-Thyme
-Garlic
-Bell pepper
-Habanero pepper
-Butch-T moruga super hots
-Spearmint
-Parsley
-Lettuce
-Cucumbers
-Ganj
I'm awaiting the arrival of some Carolina reaper seeds so I can plant those fuckers too. Will try to eat them, but if not, I'll use them as a bug deterrent on my other plants.

Dig a hole for you plants to keep the roots underground and cool, and build a simple hoop house out of PVC and cover it with shade cloth and you'll be good.

yeah i work on a small farm that i plan on taking over, its very rewarding and full of applicable life lessons as well as free food that is also worth money

Eh, I'll probably move out within 6 months or so, actually.

bell pepper. Ive read most seeds in bell pepper arent especially viable but the ones I got are pretty plump. Crossing my fingers

Fruit trees. Twenty of them.

Bell peppers are relatively the easiest crop to grow for me.

i'll be jumping on that soon actually. i can't wait.
not in the PNW though.

I've got some potatoes in the cupboard that are spawning legs. But I wanna grow some spinach because I eat it alot.

Yeah, I've got three gardens, growing potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, peaches, wallnuts, hazelnuts, cherries, apples, pears, salad, beans, horseradish, strawberries...
Used to have a cucumber and strawberry plantations, but that was years ago.

How do you prepare spinach?

Just planted a row of English Peas and a row of carrots. I'm in the south and we have a short window for peas because they can't tolerate heat. Have a bunch of different cruciferous started inside that we'll transplant end of Feb and we'll be planting a bunch of yukon gold potatoes and onions in a couple weeks. Lettuces too. Starting tomatoes and peppers inside soon that we'll plant outside mid-late march.

Also, I used to have four vineyards, but I haven't made wine for over five years.

I have a small raised bed garden where I grow heirloom tomatoes and herbs. Would do more if I could, but I live in a city, and there's only so much room for garden plots behind my building. That said having my own tomatoes is better than paying $4-6 a pound for them at the farmers' market.

I don't because I live in an apartment but my dad grows a garden every year and has been doing it for like 30 years. It takes up about half of his backyard. Onions, tomatoes, green beans, swiss chard, zucchini, strawberries, and other stuff depending on what he feels like doing that year.

Swiss chard was probably my favorite.

The correct place for this is here, OP:

i grow deer in the woods behind my house, and then i shoot them and eat them.

Don't you ever talk to me or my wife's gay son like that again.

i actually built a fertigation system that grew fish and plants in a greenhouse. the FIsh crapped in teh water, the hyper-nutrient water was used to water the plants and round and around it went. We set the UV spectrum to match whatever crop we were growing. Set it all up as a CSA at an affordable housing community. Residents worked the greenhouse to earn a share of veggies and fish. good times.

Not necessarily, imho. The board includes "food" in the heading and growing "food" would fall under that umbrella unless you take the view "food" grows in groceries and your mom's magic shopping bags that produce an abundance of tendies.

>thread with decent discussion
>some cancerous faggot enters and bitches about it
Every time.

That sounds excellent. Raising meat directly fertilizing the plants in a relatively self sustaining method. If we spent equal amounts of subsidized corporate welfare tax dollars that are going to scorched earth big chemical/agri corporations on that kind of development, then we would be far along in breaking away from a petroleum chemical manufactured agricultural system.

I liken it to the suppression of the electric car industry. Fortunately, survival of the species and concomittantly planet earth takes precedence so the scorched earth agri will ultimately be supplanted.