Grocery store pet peeves

For me, it's people

>Inconsiderate people in the aisles who don't move when you walk by.
>People who bring their wild and crazy kids and can't control them
>People who give the cashier a hard time when they're just doing their job and bitch at them like it's their fault they bought expensive food
>Old people at self checkout who have no business being there and have the light go off more than once for assistance
>Having an overly talkative cashier who makes comments about my purchases.

whenever there's a crowd of more than 2 people that i have to maneuver through and it makes me feel like i might die

I hate it when someone is near or in front of the items I need.

For me, it’s the lack of the McChicken...

Literally autism.

this guy gets it

Bonus points if it's a fat bitch that's on her phone and is still there after you go to get something else rather than wait. Extra bonus points if she acts put out when you finally ask her to move and she stinks of bo from a fair distance.

Niggers

The sleazebag directly in front of you in the line who overtly flirts with the 16 year old cashier. Puts her on alert and makes it impossible to subtly flirt with her without detection. Ruins the one pleasure I get out of the week.

ptsd

The black children are going crazy running around, destroying items, and yelling while their mothers are no where to be found.

People taking a million years to pay out. I just want to buy my beer and ramen hurry the fuck up I'm over here shaking you old hag

this. I have a few fucking items and I got to wait behind a landwhale with a cart full of frozen food, greasy food or anything that an obvious landwhale will have in their cart.

This. I just want to pay and get out of the store with my slop of shit.

People who write checks or dig through their pockets/purse for exact change

I usually grocery shop early in the morning so it doesnt get too overcrowded

>people
This.
I like to get there, grab my shit, and get out as soon as possible. But There's always these assholes the feel the need to take up a whole isle while they choose a brand of fucking cream cheese like its a life altering decision and or move like both their legs are busted. I've been going as early as possible lately to avoid this.

>Let me put my cart against one side of the aisle and then stand in front of that same side of the aisle
>Hope you didnt want anything on this 6 foot stretch of this aisle!
I have no idea how to say "Can you fucking move?" without sounding rude. I've started just moving peoples carts a few inches and they get the message.

What's the alternative? Cart on one side. Stand on the other? Now you're taking up both sides of an aisle for no reason.

What If you needed something from behind me, where I've placed my cart to appease self centered idiots like you. You would be equally pissed.

Pussies like you are laughable. Angry with soccer moms at the grocery store and venting about it on Veeky Forums. Pathetic.

>stockers who block entire aisles during the busiest time of day
>people who decide they don't want something and hide it in another aisle
>kids who puncture the water cases
>people who open boxes to look inside
>people who cut in line at the deli
>people who pick and sample at the hot bar despite massive signs asking them not to
>people who decide to ram my cart and act like I was blocking the aisle when it is entirely out of the way, with at least two carts worth of space
>cashiers who close their lanes after I've already filled the conveyer with shit
>baggers who backseat cashier to try to have me charged more than I would be if they kept their mouths shut

not him but you sound like a rude asshole who would do these things just to fuck up another person's day for no apparent reason. if you intentionally put your cart to block something I want and I know you're doing it just to be a prick, I'd slam your cart out of my way as I smile back at you.

Probably expired food left out to sell.

people who smell like they've been hotboxing in their car then go shopping

that stinky weed smell really makes my stomach turn.

When people drop their empty basket in the stack but neglect to ensure that handles fold down to the side and out of the way. So when the next person needs to drop their basket on the stack they have to move them out if the way.

Also cuntheads who leave their trolley near the bike racks, instead of the trolley racks.

fat people

> You are the traffic.

>fuck up another person's day
not him, but really? it makes you that upset to have a cart in your way for 30 seconds or so..
If a cart is in my way I just say sorry just grabbing something here, move it the required amount and move it back and go on with my day.

These shopping threads sure show how asshurt everyone is at dealing with small insignificant issues.

>Having an overly talkative cashier who makes comments about my purchases.
I never really had this issue until recently. Some middle-aged dude is a cashier at my local grocery store, and whenever I buy any produce that's not a fucking potato he looks at it all weird like he's never seen such exotic plants before. Like some kind of ape marveling over a laptop computer. And I'm not talking stuff that's easy to misidentify when it's in the bag, like cilantro vs. parsley or something. Obvious stuff, like leeks and portobello mushrooms, of which there's nothing else in the store that really looks like them.

I always get stuck behind the people at gas stations who don't know what brand of cigarettes they smoke or what the packet looks like, and then they want to buy/check like 20 lottery tickets. None of them is a winner, you fucking loser. Get out of my way, I just got off work and I want to crack open a cold one. And then they spend 5 minutes looking for their cash/card like it's a surprise that they'd eventually have to pay for their shit.

>people who decide they don't want something and hide it in another aisle
This one boils my blood. Especially when it's perishables. Thanks for keeping groceries expensive for everyone you lazy fucks.

Also, people with zero situational awareness who act surprised when my noisy-ass cart and wet-soled shoes are squeaking and squealing their way, and they had no idea you were trying to get by. Aisles only go 2 ways buddy, and I know you didn't see/hear me coming from the other direction. Or they simply walk right into you and you wish they'd just wander into the highway instead.

Do people tip baggers?

I buy like 200 dollars worth of stuff once a month so it takes forever to bag my shit so I always feel like I should give the dude a dollar or something because he always looks like he's expecting it

pfft, no. I've never seen anyone tip a bagger. Maybe yours is just a socially awkward autist

If they brought a bunch of groceries out to my car for me, I could see tipping. Otherwise, fuck no. Half the time I bag my own groceries anyway to help keep things moving.

>people
those are americans

>employee stocking blocks your item
>360 and walk away

i have worked retail before, and i have been tipped for loading appliances, tvs, and etc, but i believe it is generally about how generous the customer is feeling

>not having your shopping list already made and knowing what your need and the general labor of the store so you don't spend excessive steps getting all your things

I also usually have my kid with me in the cart so I can't park it next to a wall or he will knock shit of the shelves. But I usually know exactly what I want so it doesn't take me too long to figure out what's next. I hate slow checkers too.

heh

Kek, two weeks ago inna walmart watched with glee as a negroid mother beat the shit out of her daughter with her shoe because she kept running ahead of her.

I hate it when someone is walking in front of me through the isle and just stops dead on track to look at something. Can't slow down or step to the side, stopping in the middle of the isle is just rude.

People who come out of an isle at Mach 5 speed and almost run into you and then look at you like its your fault.

Or better yet "Your credit card was DECLINED" out loud for the whole fucking world to know.

>negroid mother beating the christ out of their spawn in public spaces
This is pretty common in the south. it is one of the joys of living in such close proximity.

The check thing annoyed me because til a few years ago, I used checks at the grocers.

You KNOW you are going there, fill the thing out but leave the amount unfilled. Then just write in the amount of money due, and hand it over.

No fucking about with the balance book either, save that shit for home.

It gets really good when they go to use a check, and have no pen. Then complain when the cashier's pen is somehow not up to their standard.

You're the rude one in this scenario, it's pretty damn unreasonable to expect people to not stop for any reason while shopping

I only tip baggers at the commissary because they don't make an hourly wage, tips only. So I always give $5

If they're slow or they don't chat with me and greet me with respect then they only get 15-20%. If they go the extra mile I usually tip them around 25-30% of my total grocery bill.

>getting out-sleazed

I like babies but that's one ugly looking baby wow

Are americans really too lazy to bag their own stuff?

It depends on the store and location in the country, having a dedicated bagger used to be a sign of quality for stores in the US, so it caught on in most stores
Plus we're not the only country that has baggers

most stores in the US have baggers and it would be pretty weird to bag your own shit when there's already a bagger there

It's illegal to pump your own gas or bag your own groceries in the state I live, I think that's pretty common in a lot of areas. They hire someone to do it for you

>so I can't park it next to a wall or he will knock shit of the shelves
wow ok you just cure me of a pet peeve

Not free enough to bag your own groceries?
Not brave enough to pump your own gas?
Visit America today!

It creates jobs for people and it's safer. You shouldn't be in control of a gas pump around an active vehicle if you're not trained or be able to bag your own groceries and potentially contaminate them by putting unsafe things in the same bag or damage your delicate goods

I used to bag like the Flash and watching Euros try to pack their groceries was laughable. They bag slower than molasses in Antarctica and hold up the line. Granted I worked at a place that wanted to get people through the line and out the door as fast as possible.

Not free enough to deny the holocaust?
Not brave enough to stop pakis raping your daughters?
Visit Yurop today!

>an active vehicle
You don't turn the car off when you pump gas? Nothing can really combust unless there's an ignition source, and it's cut out entirely moments after you turn off your car. You sound like one of those boomer Oregonians who were throwing a fit recently when their state standardized self-pumping at gas stations.

>For me, it's people

This. come shopping in central Atlanta.

You won't even be able to hear anything over the black people constantly screaming at each other. It's like they don't have an 'inside voice' or sense of manners.

HAHA THIS
I remember visiting oregon right after they passed that bullshit. People were pants-on-head retarded trying to pump gas. Then again, people here in WA have been pumping thier own shit for years and STILL tards cant do it right sometimes

So blacks talk loud. Find me a vietnamese or chink that doesn't yell at everyone either. It's their "culture."

>go to the grocery store for me weekly shopping
>hear giggling and jingling bells
>its the fucking grocery store jester again
>tfw for some reason he always singles me out

Niggers

No you wouldn’t.

When they cram all the 'specialty stuff' together haphazardly.

> Think you're buying grass-fed beef burgers
> Whoops, you bought soyburgers

> Think you're buying soyburgers
> Whoops, they're 'gluten free' burgers

> Think you're buying gluten free fish sticks
> Whoops, these are wild-caught organic fish sticks made with heritage wheat breadcrumbs

People who make unfunny reddit memes.

Looks like someone just got introduced to blacks. lol No, it's not just Atlanta. That's just the way they are.

I don't know or care if Reddit did it first.
That jester thread we had a few months back was nice and fun.

This isn't real nobody does this

>tfw just jealous i've never been singled out by the grocery store jester

soyburgers would be gluten free burgers, but I pre-digress

Just read the labels

>work counter as a butcher
>someone comes up and wants country style pork ribs
>but yankee country style ribs that are but out of the pork loin, not the butt
>they thank me and get exactly what they wanted
>front end cashier brings it back 3 hours later telling me they just left it on top of some beer
>completely refrigerated and bad
Bruh.

Fat people
Old people
Lazy people in the parking lot

just say excuse me

When you see food that hasn't been sitting around as long but it's out of reach
I'm too spergy to just ask for the food that will last longer

When Ethel bumps into Richard & Mary, mid-day on a weekend.
They find the aisle to be a perfect place to hitch up and have a chat.

Or the oblivious bastards, who somehow manage to drive to the supermarket, but then lose the ability to fucking drive as soon as they turn into the car park. It then deteriorates to zero spacial awareness as soon as they grab onto a fucking trolley.

Just weed smell in public, in general, is gross. That dank, havent-showered-in-a-week, smell.
And that's coming from a stoner.

That akward guy from Australia or Eastern Europe at checkout who wants to tell you about about how great his country is.

The faggots who are trying WAY too hard to not look like shoplifters.
To the point of wanting to "throw off" the fuzz by having a spazzy drug addled conversation with you about a soup can they are walking around with as shit jingles around in their hoodie.

The thing I hate most is slutty women walking around with boobs a floppin.

Are you kidding me? Thats the only benefit to working retail or grocery stores specifically. I'm not even into girls but its always funny to see people get a rise out of it.

>unions

Never underestimate the power unions have user. Gotta protect those obsolete jobs!

Lol America is literally third world

Proof?

You only should tip if they help you take groceries out to your car

Crazy big scale stores - I don't like shopping at huge supermarkets full of crap I have no interest in buying. Or having to look at the kind of people who eat that shit.

fuck yeah I would. I'd slam my cart into yours and smile while doing so.

Early morning is the way to go. I know I've shown up too late if I have to get within even a few yards of another shopper.

>Proof?

>niggers
yeah, they ruin everything they're a part of

>literally
"third world" LITERALLY means not allied to the US or the Soviet Union during the cold war. Stop using that word, retard.

Agreed.

Cops are scum. If we did this more often maybe they'd fuck off.

jesus, her body looks like its made of Gak

The dude's not American.

ewwww

it is just a black guy. get over it.

Yeah thats super rude and annoying. Very inconsiderate. If I stop I always make sure no one is around me.

That sucks when you just wanna buy your produce and go about your day lol.

But user, literally literally means figuratively now.

same

That cunt who feels the need to dig out over 50 cents worth of change and takes 5 minutes to do so when they could have just handed the cashier their whole bill and be done with it.