So you’re telling me that grape jelly meatballs are an actual thing? They’re all anyone is talking about now

So you’re telling me that grape jelly meatballs are an actual thing? They’re all anyone is talking about now

Someone brought this into a work pot luck. I thought it was just some kooky recipe she made up.

Considering raisin-sauce is commonly put on meat it does not surprise me.

I only saw that once, deep in flyover land.

American cuisine is in a death race to the bowels of logic

My mom put jelly beans in meatballs on April fools once. Made me throw up

Grape and meatball doesn't actually sound that bad. I'm not sure if grape jelly is the way to go however.

Ive eaten these many times. They taste like slightly sweet meatballs and not much like grape jelly. The jelly is just one of the flavors used in the crock pot while theyre marinating.

Not as good as cocktail meatballs but bretty good.

Concord grape jelly, ketchup, and butter. Best simple bbq sauce you young new days will ever taste. Get off this fucking board.

*new fags

If you made a really tart grape jelly maybe it could be decent. But when you mix your average grape jelly with your average bottled barbecue sauce you get something obnoxiously sweet.

A friend of mine makes these for potlucks
>one jar Welch’s grape jelly
>one jar sweet chilli bbq sauce
>meatballs
>a fair bit of green onion and garlic
They are amazing after a cocktail.

Wife made these once and ill admit i was skeptical. It was just grape jelly and chilli sauce with meaball. Actually turned out pretty decent, would eat again.

The Ikea meatballs come. With some jelly. I eated it. It was a good eat

Makes sense, I wonder if it's any good.

We called these Swedish meatballs growing up because it's the closest thing americans had to a lingonberry meatball. Definitely top tier potluck food. Go a step further and use the glaze on meatloaf. I've gotten weird looks making it before, but how anything culinary can be surprising anymore is beyond me.

>They’re all anyone is talking about now
That exact combination in your image - welch's grape jelly, sweet baby ray's, and frozen meatballs - have been a staple of parties/potlucks for at least as long as I've been alive, presumably longer. If anything, they're a lot less common now than they used to be.

My mom used to make them sometimes
Pretty good, actually

Americans are addicted to sugar and must add it to everything.

Surprisingly not terrible.

>home made meatballs, medium rare
>Pan gravy
>Sudo Demi glace
>Add grape jelly or w.e jelly really
>Slow cooker on low
Wala

Please don't be Alton Brown with a stroke.

You mix grape jelly and BBQ sauce, it sounds weird but it's a good party snack. Makes sense to me, sweet and savory.