During Glasgow's dairy conference...

>During Glasgow's dairy conference, industry panelists warn that plant-based alternatives will make dairy obsolete in less than a decade.

>Judith Capper, a livestock sustainability consultant implied that traditional dairy campaigning may no longer be enough. While vegans comprise a small portion of the population in the United Kingdom, Capper said their collective ethical message—or “very loud voices”—is making an impact. “There is a need in the dairy sector for some myth busting,” Capper said. “If consumers don’t buy our products—milk, cream, butter, cheese, etc.—we will not have a dairy industry in five to 10 years."

>Professor Patrick Wall of Dublin University pointed the panelists to other competitors set to challenge the appeal of animal dairy milk. “We also have a United States firm going into production next year with a cow-free milk product called Perfect Day,” Walls said. “It is animal-free milk. They have cut out the middleman, as in the cow.”

>Plant-based dairy is gaining global market share over its animal-based counterpart, and retailers are introducing new products that align with consumer habits, including supermarket chains Sainsbury’s, Asda, Tesco, and Co-op which have all launched vegan lines in recent months.

Can't make cheese without milk though.

What about butter, cream, yogurt, cheese, etc? I recognize there are plant-based alternatives for those as well, but it's sensationalist doomsaying to believe something like cheese, which has huge cultural significance, variety, and is essentially an artform would ever be rendered obsolete.

Milk is one of the most basic aliments right now. You are a retard if you think that shit will fall in less than 10 years. Give it at least an entire generation.

>milk fearmongering by big soy
this is the last generation of men

>Soy Kingdom
Explains a lot

ummmmmmmmmm sorry sweetie

>big part of the farm industry goes to shit
>no more need of super intensive production
>traditional non hormonal extensive farming delicious animal products become more and more common
Why can't things go faster?

>10070065
>[cheese] "style"

I bet you consider Kraft singles cheese too you sorry excuse for a human being.

Thanks for the laugh, OP.

I used to like whole milk and always have a cup with ice but when i got older, i had to cut it from my diet. A lot of calories, fat, cholestrol, and sugar. I switched to almond milk and...its below average, but it gets the job done. Wish i could go back but it would mess up my cholesterol

Milk doesn't even have too many calories if you consume it like a normal person. Do you drink milk instead of water?

My only drinks when i was a kid was milk and water, sometimes an orange or guava juice was in the fridge. Only time i had soda was at birthday parties, maybe a few cans a year total. The doctor said i had to cut saturated fat and cholesterol sources or else my chest would explode by the time i hit 30 and unfortunately that meant axing one of my two drinks

>Everyone will stop drinking milk in the next 12 years

Bullshit. Even if the figure was 30 years I'd doubt it.

Welp, sorry for your shit genetics I guess.
You are probably better than me anyway

If you didn't drink milk as a kid your dick would be bigger.

Better than you? How?

Milk drinkers also more likely to vote for Trump.

Celiac and diabetes 1

Celiac so no bread? And diabetes? Man im the one who should be sorry for you...that sucks

Yeah, our parents' generation is mostly immovable on these things unless for health risks.
I'd give it 50 years for it to become the norm. I don't doubt that the non-dairy milk drinkers will increase, but there are certain demographics that it won't ever reach.

Celiac is no wheat, oats, rye or barley. cookies, cakes, pizzas, burgers, beer...

Diabetes 1 is where the shit is. Celiac is a meme disease compared to this. Diabetes 1 is about weighing everything you eat, injecting insulin every time you eat, mandatory daily sport, mandatory low body fat and living 20 years less than the average.

So other than "muh cows" and the minimal health benefit, is there any reason at all to stop drinking milk?

Yeah man you got it way worse than me, only good thing here is that you can die 20 years earlier

As if. I don't see the majority moving away from dairy any time soon and no matter how small the market becomes it will still be substantial enough that I can just go pick up my milk, cream and butter at a regular store.

For every person who doesn't drink milk that's another cow that will be pointlessly killed, never be born or raised for meat.

(((cheddar style)))
(((havarti style)))
(((cream cheese style)))
(((mozzarella style)))

No thanks, i'd rather not.

Normally I love everything with almonds so I tried almond milk once. Fucking dammit what vile crap that is, yuck. I see no reason at all to expect any other type of fake milk to taste any better. And it's just the same with fake burgers, fake cheese and all the other crap, vegans promoting this shit simply have no taste.

I can tolerate small amounts of almond milk, but otherwise agree. If you're going to go vegan, just go vegan. Stop eating processed fake food.

I tried flavored soy milk. I liked it very much.
Less than fifteen minutes later all that milk was down the toilet, following immediate flush of the entire digestive tract. Never got diarrhea so immediate and violent, literally shat my entire bowels empty in like 5 minutes.

I wondered if it's just some weirdo reaction of that milk with something I had the day prior, so next day I drank the rest. Repeat action, combined with violent sharting.

A bit of a pity. I liked the taste.

I try to avoid stuff like soy milk because of the overabundance of soy in everything, and also because I like tofu and I'd sooner give up the fake milk. Real is better.

This is one of those things I'll never understand. Free animal food is already delicious and varied. Why the fuck would you eat fake shit?

>Save the trees, man!
>Less animals in existing farmland saves trees!
>Soy fields aren't the reason the Amazon's facing deforestization!
These new-age hippies are fucking retarded.

All hippies throughout history have been fucking retarded

No, you're wrong. Kill all the domesticated animals and keep pumping more chemicals into the soil for our crops. This is a perfect plan that has never historically backfired and destroyed civilizations.

Source cuck boy

>Vegan soyboys think people will eat willingly start eating Soylent Green

Kek

Soy has destroyed more rain forest in 20 years than cows in 500 years

If soy feminizes men, does it also make women more feminine?

every cloud has its silver lining

Most of my friends are vegan and luckily they aren't evangelical about it, they just cook great food. I've never been too bothered about what I eat as long as it is tasty and recently when my girlfriend said she wanted to go vegetarian I felt no need to get all up in arms about 'muh meat'.

To be frank large meals, meals with a lot of meat especially were boring me, I was bored of digesting it, sick of feeling stuffed and queasy. I found that a lot of our cooking was focused on meat + stuff all cooked to the same texture and presentation and I was sick of the same things. I don't want to label myself anything, I'm still going to eat whatever I want to, but since removing meat from my diet I've felt my digestive health has improved especially. I feel that I'm generally losing weight without significant effort and looking a bit younger, my hair and skin is in better condition. I do however feel my interest and motivation around food has changed (less interested or concerned).

I've very little interest in removing dairy from my diet however. I recognise that 'cheap' dairy is a product of industrialised and subsidised meat production so in a weird way I've a mild interest in dairy remaining popular. Why do I not want to remove dairy? I like it, it is nutritionally significant to my diet especially as I don't consume meat. Butter, cream, cheese and milk make an awful lot of what I consume something I look forward to rather than have to eat to exist. They are vital for desserts and baking.

I thought that I'd get some shit from certain people regarding this change, people would see it as my girlfriend whipping me into being some meatless faggot. Generally though nobody gives a shit, public opinion of meat eating seems very low at the moment.

Nice blog

>He fell for the Anglosaxon meme of thinking 20 kgs of ribs/steak as a meal is desirable
>Guys meat is bad now that i've actually started increasing my fibre and vegetable intake

There are plenty of dairy alternatives that don’t use soy

Isn't most soy production for animal fodder?

It might not be possible for you but if you can, try an insulin pump. It makes dealing with insulin so much easier.

t. diabetic

Well yeah, there is no reason why I can't have a diet where I eat smaller amounts of meat less frequently, like I said I don't really want to go as far as to call myself anything, I just want to eat whatever I want to eat.

At the moment that doesn't seem to include meat. Personally I would find it quite difficult to prepare dishes involving small amounts of meat. I'm great when I've got leftovers, but I'm unlikely to bother buying and cooking it to only use a 60g-70g portion.

If you remove animals, humans will just directly eat the soy

>save the trees
I hope none of you faggots consume palm oil

Are there any plant-based milk substitutes that don't taste like shit? I've tried some soy stuff and some oat stuff and both taste like dirty water.

Not everyone wants to do your gay diet

It's difficult for you to make a piece of salmon/meat with vegetables or making a curry?

>The only other option of buying an entire cow is i'll go for 60g which have less calories than literally a slice of bread.
You do you man.

Cashew is not bad but in general they're all shit even if sweetened never tried the chocolate so unsure.
They're not bad with shakes or using them in things like making oats.

I can't wait till big Agriculture is going to collapse under its own tumor
and the dairy farmers will raise again.

Soy BEANS go primarily for human consumption. The rest of the plant goes for fodder, and obviously is much more than beans by mass.

Isn't Cashew really fucking expensive though?

Dunno I just wanted to try them out because I was needing to lose 4kg before a competition and I always have Oats in the morning especially lifting days.

You know that animals dont grow on thin air? Most food is to feed animals

No dude, like beef mince is usually 500g-800g per packet? Which is more than enough for 4 servings even when it is quite a large component of the meal? Whole chickens are great, but how long is it going to take me to eat a whole chicken? I either eat too much meat (like a whole breast and a leg/thigh per meal which doesn't seem unreasonable based on modern standards) or I've got a chicken hanging around for over a week. Something more processed? A packet of sausages? 6-8? I'm looking at 3-4 days to eat that 'correctly'? Forget a pork shoulder, I'd be eating a 3oz slice every day for a month.

If you follow guidelines on how much meat to have in your diet it isn't very much at all. a portion is about 3oz. Therefore any diet designed to be 'mostly vegetarian with small amounts of meat' is going to be less than this.

It hardly seems worth buying it for this, I know that I found it difficult to correctly size portions when cooking for two and that is a me problem and I get the '10kg of ribs meme' statement, but yeah - most people believe a treat is to eat way too much meat and feel pretty gross. You can make efforts to eat a healthier amount of meat, but why bother at that point? It has been fairly useful to shake up my shopping and cooking habits as well.

I guess I don't have a particularly strong argument for meat consumption other than it tastes good and even that isn't holding true over time. The industrial meat process is pretty brutal and it is pretty obvious how much of a blind eye you've got to turn to be complacent to it.

Also dairy substitutes are pretty rank. Don't really understand why people who find dairy horrible choose a substitute which is more horrible. Nut milks are just gross.

>Add water to nut flour.
>Press liquid off of flour.
>Add thickeners and sweeteners to liquid.

Why bother with such a strange and unappetising product? Why even call it milk? I get it is supposed to replace milk, but am I supposed to picture nuts with teats?

>am I supposed to picture nuts with teats?
That's the only thing that'll get me off these days.

500g is nothing over 2-3 days though. You can buy chicken thighs or breast. There is still other options as I've just explained to you with curries or literally any piece of fish.

Where are you getting the 3oz recommendation from?
>most people believe a treat is to eat way too much meat and feel pretty gross. You can make efforts to eat a healthier amount of meat, but why bother at that point?
That's the attitude that's gotten most of the west obese though. I consume meat due to lifting but previous to that I see nothing wrong with having 4-5 oz of meat per day it's quite filling.

WHO guidelines are for 70g a day or 500g a week. 3oz is 84g. I know that it is fairly common to shit on recommendations, but a lot of people are starting to live by them and not just shit on them as a knee jerk reaction. I totally believe that meat can be part of a healthy diet and had great results lifting weights on high protein, high fat and moderate carb diet in the past, but I don't believe it is necessary. If you don't want to eat it, find it difficult to fit into your diet then you can go without it. That said I do fairly rattle from supplements because I'm slightly weird and get suckered into all that shit.

I already gave up milk in favor of soy milk. But I can't guve up cheese, I love it too much.

Yeah, like people with fucking taste. It might become super common with idiots and white trash just like keeping margarine in the house instead of butter, but milk isn't going anywhere as a staple anytime soon.

the real question