Let's make a hotsauce

Let's make a hotsauce.

nah, im gucci senpai

Got about a pound of chillies, chucked them in the gas smoker for 1.5hrs at 200f, on maple. Came out crazy smokey and sweet smelling.

If your shitslops look like hotsauce you should prob see a doctor user..

Fuck yeah, monitoring.

OP here, chilli oil is actually my next project.
Though my plan was to pour hot oil over the spices, not so much deep frying them like that.

fuck this looks tasty

Rough diced all the chillies, a medium sized brown onion, and blended alongside one kinda big clove of garlic, and two teaspoons of salt. Came out still pretty chunky, but that's okay.
Smells like a campfire, and tastes pretty good like this, but we're not done yet.
Left this mixture on the bench, covered, overnight.

I tried it like that last time actually, only fried the fresh stuff in the oil then poured that over the dried chilli. Seems to keep it a lot hotter when you don't cook them for as long.

I need a really good garlic oil recip.e The ones I bought and tried to make myself always just tasted like olive oil and almost nothing else.

I think the key is in getting the temperature of the oil right. too hot and the final product tastes bitter. Not hot enough and you don't extract as much flavor from your spices. You don't want it smoking hot, just under that.

First time I made garlic oil turned out just like that too. Second time around I went crazy with the garlic cloves, using heaps, slicing them in half, and slightly crushing them. Left it for months before I used any too, might have been the main thing.

pretake pics next time lad

I did, I'm just doing other shit too.

Next morning, stirred in 1.5 cups of vinegar, and blended the almighty fuck out of it.
Basically it's a smokey, sweet and tangy chilli sauce. It's significantly milder than I was hoping, but the flavour is pretty on point. Next time I'll probably throw in a few superhots in the beginning.
Next stop is bottling, but I don't have enough empty sauce bottles, so it'll probably stay in this for a while.

All right, thanks.

What does the overnight wait do?

Originally the plan was to do some kind of lacto fermented hot sauce, thus the overnight wait, and what would have been a further week of leaving it out after the vinegar went in. But tasting the sauce as pictured above, I'm pretty happy with it as it is now.
And also I'm not sure how much more it would have changed post vinegar, fermentation wise.

Allows you to sleep user, sleep is the most important ingredient of the day.

OP went to make love to himself.
Love is the most important ingredient.

you should deep fry the szechuan pepper corns, bay leaves, ginger root slices in advance a bit, then strain those out and pour over the chili flakes. comes out really really good, also add some crushed peanuts and toasted sesame seeds

He had to go suck some dicks cos he's a massive faggot

That's not a bad idea.
I'd leave out the sesame seeds though personally, as I use sesame oil heaps, and it'd be nice to have a strong difference between the two.

Smoked hotsauce would go great on eggs

Or burgers. Fuck yeah

>ferment
You have no idea what youre doing.
First off...over night isnt going to do anything for fermentation.
Secondly...you killed the necessary bacteria when you smoked the chiles.

He put in a whole raw onion.
And he clearly stated that it was the plan to begin with but changed his mind.