ITT: things you loved as a child and still eat

ITT: things you loved as a child and still eat.

So i still eat corn flakes, which isnt that wierd but i have a friend who eat pancakes with jam four times a week just because he loved it when he was a kid and its the only thing he can cook himself.

I used to love eating dry cheerios. No milk, not even a bowl half the time. Still do, it's one of my favorite snacks. I also liked shredded wheat (the real stuff, not the frosted), but that had to have milk. I got mocked a lot for eating like an infant (dry cheerios) and like an old man (shredded wheat) at the same time. Fuck 'em, at least I haven't got the beetus.

The pinnacle of true Italian cuisine.

Lol i like the wheel shaped pasta because they somehow taste better. I eat them with butter, ketchup and origano but i feel a bit childish doing so

yeah man I can chomp some dry Cheerios

'til i die

I lived with my metis grandma for a year and i still make her verison of a "meal" often
>cut up a slice of bologna and a cheese slice
>voila, dinner is served

the old big metal cans were better

How big of a slice?

Flour tortillas with peanut butter

How fat is you’re friend?

Corn flaks with skim milk is great

I grew up in India where it is (maybe was?) totally normal to have cornflakes with hot milk (also the milk I had access to was all gloriously unskimmed and fucking tasty).
So I eat cornflakes with hot full fat milk with a dash of cream once a month and it brings e to tears with nostalgia

You bastard!! You pajeet shitthing dude!! You can only cereal with room temperature or cold milk. KYS NOW!!!

Not even Indian, English colonial heritage.
Thanks for the upvotes though, my good good friend

I eat natural yogurth with Yakult

When I was a kid growing up in the bayou, one of my favorite breakfasts was fried eggs with squirrel brains. Today I will crack the skull of one of the little fuckers whenever I the chance to do so.

Where in India are your family from?
I am from Karala but am studying on an American scholarship in San Diego.

Like I said, English family, but we lived up in Assam, near Tezpur

guanciale aka head cheese, preferably spiced with cloves and nutmeg, on toasted rye with cold cucumber slices.

I loved chewing up enough cheerios to dry out my mouth and then washing it down with milk.

Every fucking day i can't get enough of these things in fact I'm gona have to have a bowl now

oreo and peanut butter sandwiches
>two slices of white toast
>4 oreos
>peanut butter
my dad grew up in japan and said his maid used to make these for them. im not sure if it was a japanese thing or if the maid just slapped some american shit together not knowing what the fuck any of it was but man it is good.

thit kho
>pork butt
>eggs
>fish sauce
>hoisin sauce
>coconut water
>diced onion
my buddys mom used to make this for us all the time when we were kids and i never heard of it outside eating it there or seen it at restaurants. i fucking LOVE THIS SHIT.

a lot of the other stuff i used to eat as a kid i cant enjoy anymore bc i have a gf and she doesnt like it so i have to be in the mood for it and not have her over that day
>pizza hut thin crust pepperoni pizza
>spaghetti and meat sauce
>ghetto souvlaki with adolphs meat marinade served in a pita with onions, tomatoes, cubed cheddar cheese and italian dressing

stuff i wont eat anymore
>hot pockets
>frozen taquitos or mini tacos
>pop tarts

how the fuck could they justify that as healthy

Olives with onion and bread, used to eat them often with my grandfather

i tried a pop tart recently, how did toaster strudels not put them out of business in the 90's?

I dont know man i havent met him in years

tomato sauce=vegetables
franks=protein

It's probably high in sodium but not the worst thing you could eat. Wouldn't call it healthy though.

Convenience and marketing. Toaster strudel had to be kept frozen and took longer to prepare than just grabbing a pack out of the pantry and being able to eat it right away, which makes a big difference if a kid is too young to know how to properly use a toaster.