He fell for the red onion meme

>He fell for the red onion meme

>cooked red onion

*shrug* I don't get it. What's the meme?

Red onion is just onion. Only red. Literally no difference beyond color.

>b-b-but it's useful for garnishing!

Red onion is best onion raw. Other onions are best cooked.

>red onions are just the same as regular onions
>yet they're somehow better than other onions raw

the absolute state of red onion eaters ladies and gentlemen

>he fell for the .tor meme

It's the aesthetic you turboautism. I'd rather see specks of red and white than just white in a salad. Just as I'd rather only see browned white onions than the gross result of cooking a red onion.

*shrug* I'm and don't disagree with Red onion looks pretty when used as raw garnish. No difference in taste but the dish looks more appetizing.

Red onion loses most of color when cooked, and tends to be more expensive than others. So there's no point to cook it if you have plain yellow onion or such, just a small waste of money.

>there are people on this board who unironically eat white onions

You both just admitted that red onions taste the same as white onions. Why does your brain think they are more appetizing when you look at them? I can't even comprehend this level of autism.

I never once claimed that they didn't, autist. Can you really sit there and claim you'd rather have a bland colorless heap of slop on your plate than a colourful assortment of things? That's the mindset.

There are people on this board who willfully pay more for an ingredient that tastes exactly the same as its substitute because MUH AESTHETICS

Your 1 cent meal, sire.

But if theyre both bland why bother?

If your salad looks like a bland colourless heap of slop you're doing it wrong. What about tomatoes? Those are red. So are radishes. Red peppers... the list goes on. There are other ways to improve your dish without paying more for an ingredient that probably already has its less expensive and flavourwise identical substitute already in it.

Why red peppers? Why not green peppers? They are cheaper and taste exactly the same. Why do you assume radishes are red, too? They could be white. Regardless, why add any ingredient? For the taste.

>he somehow can't taste onions
I bet you were the one who wrote that part of Holes, you fucking psychopath.

> Onion
> Bland

GTFO.

You said they taste the same. Then you called one bland. Do you not put in any thought before you click post?

They taste exactly the same, and white onions are bland. Bland in this context means visually uninteresting, you total retard. Read a book.

C'mon. Stop arguing with 10yo who came here from /b/ to troll and has never even tasted onion because mommy says he has ALLERGIES!

I do use green peppers exclusively. I don't understand why you say that you add any ingredient for the taste but you defend red onions because muh aesthetics

Holes is what made me first bite into a raw onion. Now I can eat them like apples. Your pallet must be weak.

>red onions taste the same as brown onions
>red peppers taste the same as green peppers
state of this board sometimes tbph

You're paying quite the premium just to service your autistic perception that white onions are somehow bland and unappealing even though you admit they taste the same.

White onions taste worse. That's a fact. They've got more of that gross raw onion bitter taste. Red onions are simply the superior raw onion choice.

Red onions aren't as astringent raw but also don't taste too good when cooked so they're good for eating raw in salads and sandwiches

White onions are the most pungent and taste good in salsas and burgs.

Yellow onions are just superior red onions but should only be cooked because they actually taste better that way.

tfw here red onions cost the same as white onions so the problem doesn't present itself

>He

Aesthetics ARE actually quite important. Along with your personality and odour, I’d wager aesthetics also contribute to your lack of sexual activity.

anyone who thinks red onions taste exactly the same as others is a fucking tastelet moron that probably thinks shallots taste exactly the same too. Red onions are MUCH more pungent than other varieties, and conversely have a sweeter taste than others after being cooked.

Red onions are absolutely different than white/yellow onions.
If you think they taste the same then I feel sorry for you, you have shitty tastebuds.

jesus

For me, it's the yellow onion, the most patrician member of the onion family

Facts

100% accurate something

Agreed my man. Yellow onions are a patricians choice. Cheap, flavorful and improves anything they touch.

Red onion marmalade any1?

As it turns out, white and yellow onions cost more. Enjoy your subpar onions. Gotta cut costs, senpai.

Wow.

that looks like a slop of shit