Is farm-raised salmon no bueno?

Is farm-raised salmon no bueno?

it's fine, but dyed

How does one industrially raise salmon?

honestly curious, do they have a giant pond or indoor tank?

No it isn't.

I fished for sockeye salmon on the Kenai River in Alaska. It DOES NOT have a fucking brown tint to it, ever. I also fished in Seward off of Resurrection Bay. Your bullshit, my truth.

It looks exactly like that, all the fucking time. Silvers always have that tint to their flesh.

>well it was sort of brown

That's because you actually kept nearly dead, attempting to spawn salmon on the river, you fucking tard. aka you can't fish for shit.

>eatting farmed sea lice
fuck that
both

Big sea nets

I would and wouldnt if that makes sense.
Id prefer line caught, but I eat mcdonalds and shit all week long. Not going to be a hypocrite and say their farm standards are better than their gross habits.
I get iffy on shrimp and tilapia though.

fuck off

Farmed salmon. 99% garbage.

Farmed salmon, especially the South American stuff, is filled with toxins and, as previously stated, dyed through added chemicals in their diet because they don't have the natural diet of wild salmon.

Preach.

Why do you think they dye the farmed stuff? It's to make it look more like wild caught fish.

No bueno. May as well be a fucking cheeseburger,

He is saying farm raised is dyed, not wild caught.

Is Salmon from Tasmanian river farms good? Or are they full of nasty stuff too?

>from the river
you're retarded at reading

there is close to none difference between wild and farmed salmon

This is a lie.

I could tell the difference by the sound they make.

It must suck to have little awareness.

He's actually right.

t. A michelin star chef

actually he's wrong

t. a two michelin star chef

Just got 4 pounds of Alaskan wild salmon for $7. They were BOGO at meijer

It actually depends on a lot of things.

t. A three michelin star chef

You do realize they mean the farm raised ones are dyed to look like the ones you were catching, yeah?

Listen up you fucking faggots, all salmon at the grocery store is not good for you. All them shits are dyed to oblivion and the salmon has been so mutated that when it gets to the shelves, you are basically eating franken-fish.

Stick to wild

its not as firm and the coloring isnt as nice, but its environmentally better than depleting wild stocks. i support farmed fish.

You're not actually a three michelin star chef.

No. It's okay judging by its nutrients and its okay as food, but it promotes fish farming instead of having a balanced wild population. The farmed fishes that are farmed to venture out one day never learn the needed survival skills in their pens and are the primary targets for fishermen and predators. When the first few survive, man just spreads the noobs again so that in due time the wild, original fish simply stops existing nad the gene pool changes so that the particular species becomes fucking useless in the wild. It's counterproductive and short-sighted to just breed fish in pens.

That, and it's got nothing on all-natural wild fish. I prefer taking up fishing as a hobby or befriending a fisherman if you're after some of that.

Do good chefs actually hang out here sometimes? Are you RPing? I'm not a chef but it's neat to think real chefs post in this place

ive seen some amazing cooks post on here with amazing recipes, techniques, and combinations of ingredients

i like the taste of the farmed salmon over the wild caught.

David Chang shitposts here a lot
t. Knower

Chang shitposts irl

Your reading comprehension sucks, broham.

Veeky Forums had a real master chef post here before. He showed his badge and everything.