Geoducks

Do you eat them, Veeky Forums? Best recipes? Also, edible marine creatures general /emcg/. Mussels, limpets, urchins, sea cucumbers, etc. all welcome.

i've had geoduck crudo/ceviche and had it in chowder. i prefer it in chowder.

all geoducks at market are pretty old. if i'm going to eat shellfish, i'd prefer to eat the young stuff. old filter feeders tend to accumulate a lot of nasty shit.

i thought you said we were having steamed hams

We have their lesser cousins on the east coast. Pisser clams. They aren't great fried, the belly is really rich in texture and the snouts are chewy. Best steamed, with just butter and seasoning.

Always purge them over night- leave them in a bowl with water and some corn meal. The corn meal will act as an irritant and they will purge themselves of sand.

Also made them in a miso soup before. Wasn't Terrible.

Sliced about as thick as a coin, blanched, topped with slivers of ginger and green onion, drizzled with soy sauce, and finally drizzled with hot oil
Sashimi is also good

Can you fuck off with this shit. Seriously.

you think its the same guy posting the same trash comment everyday?

I wouldn't doubt it

yup. he comes back after getting 15 min bans.

last time i had this they serve me raw without telling me wtf it is. doesnt really taste bad tho.

look he sprööööö

Oysters baked with cheese and bread crumbs yummmmmm

what about clusters shaked with bees and bed slumps?

atlantic softshell reporting in

Bump

ew
parasitic crab

I believe you mean “bonus food”.

They are a delicacy where I'm from. Very salty and cute

not as salty as deez nuts

Looks like a big slop o'shit

>Take them out of their shell
>Remove the outer skin
>Cut into bite sized chunks
>Beat the living shit out of the chunks to tenderize them
>Let soak in butter milk over night
>Take them out of the milk, rinse, pat dry, and beat again
>Batter and fry them after that

You can also make goeduck chowder like you would clam chowder.

Aside from those two methods, I don't think I've ever eaten goeduck any other way.

t. Washingtonian.

Does Veeky Forums prefer shecrabs or he crabs? Are you even allowed to catch female crabs on the west coast? Personally I wish there was a moratorium on shecrabs here(Chesapeake).

Female dungeness crabs are verboten.

They're currently $4.99/lb at the local grocerymart and I didn't buy one. I am a monster.

>Pisser

Peepee poopoo clams