Halal/kosher produce

Does the process of having meat halal/kosher standards actually have any real impact on the end product?
I'm not convinced

Other urls found in this thread:

gov.uk/guidance/halal-and-kosher-slaughter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal
animalstudiesrepository.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1019&context=acwp_faafp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, it just means the animal has been killed by slitting its throat and letting it bleed out (In the direction of Mecca for halal), instead of the instant death of normal slaughter. Doesn't affect the taste.

Bleeding out allows the adrenaline to work through the system. A quick death leaves the body in a state of tension, resulting in tougher meat.

I avoid as much halal stuff as i can. Its barbaric and shows how stuck in the past islam is

But Jews do it too. You wouldn't be anti-semitic, would you?

>Xfiles theme song plays.
no but really, dumbest thing I've read all day.

i eat meat but i hope we get cultured meat in stores soon so we don't have to kill animals anymore and it won't matter what slaughter method is best

Indeed i would because hating religion is not racist

It is when it the religion is Judaism, for they are a culture and a religion and a race. As God's Chosen, this is their right.

I enjoy this topic because when you look at from any angle its clear its constructed to be absolute and unchallengeable without global backlash

Nuh uhh u cnat say that becaus the holocawst huh nu

Posting an "epic pepe" image doesn't exactly help any argument you're trying to make

Adrenaline doesn't break down in the time it takes to die. It can take up to a week. Bleeding it out is just going to increase stress and make the flesh more tense.

Now you don't look like a complete jackass

I thought they cut the jugular so death is pretty much instant.
Also letting the meat bleed out does have an affect on the taste. There is no slight iron taste in halal and kosher meat.
I find that most people wont notice it unless they grew up eating halal or kosher and stopped giving a shit later in life

Literally couldn't care less. Slaughter is slaughter imo.

>throat slit
>instant

Homie it takes at least a solid minute to actually die if you're throat's slit. And all commercially available meat is drained of blood, it makes the meat stay fresher for longer.

>I find that most people wont notice
They don't. Autists just think they're making a statement by pretending they suddenly care about animals when muslims do it.

I think the animal is supposed to go unconscious pretty quickly because of blood loss to the brain even if it isn't totally dead yet. Not sure if it's true or not though.

No, there's no difference in taste, you let non-halal meat bleed out as well.

gov.uk/guidance/halal-and-kosher-slaughter

The thing is that the procedure for kosher and halal slaughter was developed as a humane technique for low technology small population societies. When translated to factory farming and the rapid slaughter of hundreds of heads a day by low paid workers who must work faster faster faster, it becomes a horror show.

Have you ever seen a human get 'slaughtered' ie throat cut? They pass out within seconds when the brain is suddenly deprived of oxygen. They may making grunts and wheezing and agonal breathing but they are out for the count within seconds. Same happens with animals.

God won't hate you

This. You want instant death so no stress and no high pH in the meat

If animals don't have souls what does it matter how they're killed

>Its barbaric
You're on your way to becoming vegan.

are people really this dumb?
serious answers only

there's a difference between using eating animal products at all and straight up torturing animals for the fun ot it

You don’t need meat. You enjoy it. All your slaughter is for fun.

can confirm when I buy meat I always say cut a fresh one (talking about chicken) and he slits its throat and it takes quite a while, and usually I have heard halal meat is of animal that is slaughtered while the slaughter recites bismillah without that meat will become haram.
I live in muslim country

Muslim butchers have poor hygiene standards so it doesn't matter.

No, it literally just a (((tax))) on food. It's always been a money making scam.

where I live halal butchers are way cheaper than standard butchers, while still being transparent about food source and killing.

Halal and kosher meat is better to me. And, they're not just picking about the slaughter, they're more picky about where the animals come from. I buy my chicken, lamb, and beef from halal and kosher markets, and I can really tell the difference. The beef tastes like the beef I ate growing up on a ranch, when we butchered our own steers, and the lamb and chicken are better, too. But you do you, if you want to eat regular supermarket meat, go for it.

slaughter might be, but there's still no need to torture the animal for fun.
no matter how you want to put it, torture and slaughter isn't the same thing.
nice attempt though and thanks for playing.

tl;dr you got owned

>tl;dr you got owned
are you 14?
Also nice semantic slip, equating "killing by slitting the throat" with "torture".

I dont buy meat but i eat it. I see no point cutting out entirely and animal products are worth eating. Why should i waste my chickens eggs?

hallal is a commercial scam invented by arabs during the 80's to get some political leverage against the West.
The coran will just tell you what to not eat, and the rest is always ok.

What's a coran?

do you really believe the horseshit you spout ?

an instructian book on how to destroy the West.

What's an instructian?

I see we have a genuine theologian in our midst, Veeky Forums.

Why are you rewritting history itself? It's literally a wikipage away. Read a book, sandnigger

>Why are you rewritting history itself? It's literally a wikipage away. Read a book, sandnigger
>"hallal is a commercial scam invented by arabs during the 80's to get some political leverage against the West"
>if someone disagrees I'll just call him a sandnigger

>A ritual slaughter in Esna, Egypt in 1926.
You're not very smart are you Buck?

I don't even know where on wikipedia he read that 80's shit. Just took a look at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal
and found nothing about it.

I been told by other Hunterfags that females always eat better than males. We assume it's the testosterone levels but who knows..?

More fat

It's muscle mass, females tend to have more fat marbling and less muscle density.
The more a muscle is used, the less good it is for eating. Think of veal or the basic cuts of beef, most action is through the shoulders (chuck), chest (brisket) and legs (round and shank) they are the toughest.

Yup your hunterfags are thicker than pigshit

not a semantic slip, the point i was making was that just slitting the throat causes more pain than is necessary which i equate to torturing the animal.
also, if i were 14, i wouldn't have said "owned", i would prolly have said rekt or BTFO, as they are much newer phrases while owned (or pwned as it became) was used a decades ago.

tl;dr no, i'm older and no, not a semantic slip.

That's not what hallal means.

His wording isn't great but he's not wrong.
animalstudiesrepository.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1019&context=acwp_faafp

Here's a paper. It has a lot of big words, so you can get your parents to help you read it.

>in the direction of mecca for halal

Are you American?

It's the testosterone, at least with deer which is what I know and hunt. Bucks are normally wary as hell, but during rut they have a one track mind hellbent on fucking and they let their guard down which is when they're usually nailed and why their meat has that image. They swell up and the meat gets tough and extremely gamey. Most meat hunters like myself pass on rutting males, but we'll take them pre and post rut when the meat's basically the same as a doe.

>Homie it takes at least a solid minute to actually die if you're throat's slit

Retard, without blood flow to the brain, there is no method for it to function. It's instantaneous knock-out.

Some people consider it important.
Than what does it mean ?

>which i equate
Notice this "which I equate" bit ? This is the semantic slip. Just because you want to make two things the same, doesn't mean the words change meaning according to you.

Are you a moron? In order for something to be halal, it only has to be killed by slitting the main arteries of the neck, saying bismillah and draining the blood.

It's almost exactly the same as kosher and traditional christian practices.

I think he means die as in the corpse stops moving completely. I've seen sheep keep kind of breathing for a few 40 seconds after the slit.

Yes, but I know some people who insist turning the beast toward the Mecca. I don't think so, but it's nothing I haven't heard of.

But the animal is already dead, that is just muscle spasms.

Yes, but in person it looks fairly convincing it's still alive. I agree though the brain has already dried up.

This guy is correct. As soon as blood pressure to the brain drops, the animal isn’t in pain. Yes the nerves and muscles continue to spasm for a bit but the animal has been unconscious since seconds after the cut. It goes sudden shock, unconscious, dead. It’s actually MORE humane than a bolt to the head.

>It’s actually MORE humane than a bolt to the head.
explain, because unless it fails to stun them i can't see how it's not knocking the animal unconscious faster

>t. never hunted
It also makes venison taste sour.

Take a leaf from the Sikhs
>No ritual (halal, kosher et al) in meat because fuck you, ritual has no place in slaughter
>Prescribed method of slaughter is to decapitate the animal in a single stroke of a fuckhuge sword, for instant death and minimal pain
>Tradition is flexible enough to acknowledge that bolt guns meet their standards

I agree in part but they follow a prescibed method thats dated. Knock out before decapitation

There was one study done about twenty years ago which showed halal slaughter to cause less distress and pain. The person who conducted the study eventually retracted her findings and said the research was flawed, but people still cling to it and it remains rhetorically true,

Compared to meat you buy in a grocery store?
No difference.
Compared to taco bell "meat" huge difference, and most fast food places.
McDonald's that serve halal meat is better and tastier than it's non-halal counterparts.

When I go to the hospital I get a modified kosher meal plan. It always has the real chicken strips instead of the pethy chicken sponge nuggets, and you get a mini fridge in your room. I get away with this on account I'm allergic to pork products, and I'm not a jew. Oh man, except one time a jew got all pissy and fucked me over, put me on the "vegan" meal plan instead. If only I could murder him and eat his flesh. Oh well.... probably not halal.

Dude, I’m a physiologist. Tyrosine-derived hormones like adrenaline and noradrenaline break down in minutes to hours

How often do you go to the hospital that you know the workings of its meal plans?
Do you have cancer of something?

That is a very long story, I think I've been hospitalized close to 10 times, 6 major surgeries 2 minor ones. I couldn't walk from 12yo-19yo (literally lost my teen years). Rough life bro.

Sounds like it might be pretty funny, actually. You should try using it in stand up comedy now that you can actually stand up.

Is this you?

How many dear have you shot and eaten, city slicker?

I've tried to be funny with it, but people just get quiet and solemn. They don't laugh at my perfect dead pan delivery, instead it just brings everyone down reminding them of mortality.

No, my right leg was / is still good. I'm not cool enough to pull off the eye patch.

Too bad. You must be doing something wrong, because reminding people of mortality is one of the keys to good comedy.

True, but they were like depressed liberal college kids or sjw coworkers. I never have a decent audience unless I know they're fuck ups too. Serious people seriously hate thinking about pain and mortality. At least it got me some cheap sympathy pussy.