What beer is even good?

So I grew up in a kpop asian family in the US. They specifically only bought budlight and coronas. They thought budlight lime was the pinnacle of beers or some shit.

What are actually some good beer brands I can drink in the US?

Have you tried oberon? Did you like it?

It tastes alright. Slightly better than budlight. I am not exactly a connoisseur here

I recommend this one.

>12 oz = 5.99 usd
Christ... is good beer that expensive?

Well there you go. Oberon is a nice non-challenging beer, what a beer sperg might call a "session beer" because his masculinity is too fragile to call it "good" unless it chokes you out with too much hop resin.

So I guess I dunno what you're asking, do you want to "expand your palate" or some shit? Babby's first "craft beer" is usually a sugary sweet dessert beer, you may want to try some imperial stouts (except maybe lagunitas which is shit), or some sugar bomb DIPA like DFH 120m

Good imported beer is rather expensive, and some limited run domestics can be, but the really expensive stuff is going to have "weird" flavors that you might find a little bit unsettling, like fruit fly rotten bananas bandaid taste you get from belgian, or the brett stuff that's been all the rage lately. Generally you shouldn't need to spend much more than $16 for a 4 pack to get something nice.

I'd say start trying different beer types to see which ones that suits your tastes, then look at brands that sell those types.

No. Generally decent beers in the US can go for like $10-15 a pack.

Try local stuff, though it can often be hit or miss. It's also important to figure out what type of beers you like.

Otherwise, some widely available breweries with decent standards are Founders, North Coast, Great Divide, Lagunitas, Stone, Ballast Point, Ommegang, Victory, Sierra Nevada, Left Hand, Clown Shoes, Bell's, Evil Twin - honestly, there's a bunch. A lot of it comes down to what types you like.

Imported Belgian Ales like Rochefort are great but generally expensive. And you can frankly find cheaper beers of decent enough or even similar quality domestically.

When i drink beer, it's usually shiner bock

Try this one OP

Not OP, but I am visiting my relatives in GA soon. Anyone know if SweetWater or Terrapin beer is any good?

Compared to Oberon how is it? Oberon is my favorite.

none of those are the same style as Oberon so don't go in expecting that

Sweetwater 420 is quite good though

the sweetwater tropical ipa is good

that's the price of importing an actual beer.
you grew up with people who were proud to immigrate to a place that was full of opportunities for hard workers. nothing wrong with embracing the US if you're not a sperg ass anti-what ever. they were being pro. not anti. it's a good thing. no one goes to s korea and tells them they need to act whiter.
try some of the east coast micro brews. they're pretty badass. s carolina has a few greats.

>I grew up in a kpop asian family

What did you mean by this? Did they randomly break out into song on a regular basis?

Terrapin in Athens, GA has fairly large offering. My favorites are
Moo-Hoo a chocolate milk stout
Hopsecutioner IPA
Rye pale ale
And Liquid Bliss, a chocolate and peanut butter porter. First taste is weird but the third sip is magical. If you happen to be down that way, take your ID and $12 to the terrapin brewery on an evening. Tour the place and try lots of beer, some of which are made only for the tasting room.

>chocolate milk stout
>chocolate and peanut butter porter
you're fucking disgusting

Abita Purple Haze is amazing and costs $10 for a six pack here

It's even Bernie Approved.

Honestly go to a local brewery and do the tour and tasting (or just the tasting) and figure out what flavors you like. A flight (several small servings of different beers) costs like $10 and lets you try a bunch of types of beers without buying a full pint each time. Just remember to go light to dark (or lightest flavor to darkest flavor) or you'll overpower your taste buds and not be able to appreciate or taste the lighter beers

hoegaarten weiss bier

Where do you live? My favourite beers are local brands. My favourite mass produced beers are hoegaarden and blue moon.

No, imported Belgian beer is. A normal 6 pack of good craft beer is like $7-9.

I'm from Sweden so it's hard for me to tell you what brands make good beer in the US, but I do know what types of beer that made me actually interested in good beers. I would personally suggest trying IPAs, they are very different in flavor than they lagers that you might be used to. Here's some of my favorite IPAs:
Brewdog Punk IPA
Fuller's IPA
Founders All Day India Pale Ale

If you can get stuff imported from Sweden I really recommend these:
Sitting Bulldog IPA
Hantverksbryggeriet New Beginning New England IPA
Stigbergets West Coast IPA

That's a great beer, one of the few beers on my list of favorites that isn't an ale or stout. The bar I work at had it in stock during the Autumn and it sold well. Never got to try it on tap but I bought a couple on bottle and I enjoyed them a lot.

Seeing stuff like this makes me annoyed that I can't easily get a hold on good beers from America. If they are on order you have to pay way too much for them. (Around 30$ a bottle)

This is definitely the best way to try beers that you didn't think you would like. I did a tour & taste at a brewery not too far away from where I live. Best part is that they had staff there that could help with information about the different beers on offer. Just try and find a brewery that makes a lot of different types of beer.

you can't, because the only drinkable beer is made in europe

I've never drank a beer I like. I've tried
>Yuengling
>Landshark
>some Gold shit
>Corona
>Yuengling Lager
and it's all shit. Any recs?

They all sound like light lagers so it's no surprise that you didn't like the rest after trying the first. Maybe go for a stout, IPA or blond ale? Types of beer are all a different from each other, I like a lot of types but I despise stouts.

Try for example:
Brookyn East India Pale Ale
Newcastle Brown Ale
Kona Big Wave

Guinness at a bar on draft

>What are actually some good beer brands I can drink in the US?

Looks like you picked a winner right out of the gate.

t. subhuman European retard

>Seeing stuff like this makes me annoyed that I can't easily get a hold on good beers from America. If they are on order you have to pay way too much for them. (Around 30$ a bottle)

Damn, and I thought paying $7.00 per bottle here in Michigan for pic related (which is quite good) from the UK was outrageous.

seconding newcastle

It's hilarious how proud Michigan is of their mediocre breweries like Bell's and Founders.

Well it's cause there's a ton of dumb taxes and shipping that are added since you pretty much have to import it yourself. Shipping is the biggest killer though.

[spoiler]Also I do realize my mistake of calling a six pack of Kirin a 30$ bottle.[/spoiler]

Bells and Founders both make top tier beer though