Share your tips on cooking PERFECT basmati rice

Share your tips on cooking PERFECT basmati rice.

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-perfect-basmati-rice-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-211157
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

blast it with piss.

I bet you put pineapple on your pizza.

me? I'd serve crab legs.

>For 2 cups dry rice:
>Rinse well.
>Soak 1 hour.
>Rinse again.
>While rice is soaking, melt 3 tablespoons of butter, and mix with saffron that's been soaking in 2 tablespoons hot water (mix the saffron water and melted butter together)
>Boil in large pot of salted, boiling water, with 1 bay leaf. Boil like you would pasta, and stir once after you add it, to keep from sticking.
>Boil until the grains are biteable, but not completely tender.
>Drain rice.
>Now, you can go one of two ways. You can steam it in a covered pot, with a cup or so of rice mixed with yogurt at the bottom to make tah dig (a golden brown crispy rice crust, which is delicious), with the rice piled in the pot in a pyramid shape, and the saffron butter poured over the top. Steam, covered with a dish towel and tight lid, over low heat for 1 hour.
>Or, you can make it much more simply. Heat oven to 400F. Spoon boiled rice onto a greased baking sheet into a small mound, pour saffron butter over the top, and steam in the oven for 10 minutes.

Nigga its just rice

biryani

You wouldn't understand I want the scientifically perfect rice where each flake is separate and perfectly cooked. Not that sticky burnt shit.

You've obviously never had perfectly cooked basmati rice. It's heavenly.

Classic

>
>You've obviously never had perfectly cooked basmati rice. It's heavenly.

My grandma cooks that shit god tier. She showed me how but that same. Top part is near perfect bottom gets slightly burnt and sticky

>bottom gets slightly burnt and sticky
So it's not perfectly cooked

I had a typo I meant to same it's not the same. I can't get it to her level.

Aw man basmati rice, I remember we were poor and would eat gooey rice and everyone would tell mom its because of your technique but the day my dad got better job my bro got these amazing basmati rice and damn that was the day. Mom really showed us. That day was amazing

steamed on low for about a little under an hour

Basmati rice is the king of all rices.

>buy basmati rice
>read instructions on package
>follow said instructions
Works every time

poo on it

This. OP asked for the perfect way.

Get rice. Put in rice cooker. Add water. Asians full proofed this, why are you even trying?

>full proofed

thanks but i'm not from india

Toast it with onion and cumin seeds and throw it in the rice cooker is what I usually do. The fucking Indian restaurant by the store has this fucking amazing rice that's got cumin seeds and some other shit it in. It's so good and if their food didnt start at $13 an entree I'd eat there more often.

>double water to rice ratio
>heat water with salt until boiling
>put rice in and lid on
>lower stove temperature to lowest or second to lowest
>wait until all water is gone

>full proofed

That's how my grandma makes it with potatoes too.

Rice cookers are a meme.
I bet you microwave your eggs in a coffee mug.

Persian here. It's normal to burn the bottom and seperate that as its own dish, called tadiq

Also done with potato slices at the bottom

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-perfect-basmati-rice-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-211157

so you can stop fucking around.

opnions as well on preparations of jasmine rice? it is usually the kind that i prepare

ive also been to "mediterranian" restraunts where they serve the rice with spices like clove, and the rice itself is very fragrant. do they prepare it like some of you have described and just boil the spices with the rice, or fry it a bit uncooked in a pan?

either or. restaurants usually make a tempering of spices fried in some oil and then dump it on the rice before serving it, thats what we did.

Rinse until water is totally clear. This could take a dozen rinses.

Let it soak for at least 30 minutes. Rinse after soaking and drain.

Add 3/4 cup of water for every cup of rice (remember, it's absorbed some water already). Salt. Add a generous amount of fat, preferably butter.

Start on high heat until the water boils. Turn heat down to low and cover with a tight lid. Cook for 45 minutes on low heat. Fluff with fork.

Those are the basics. You can add whole spices to taste of course.