What do you put in your grilchee?

What do you put in your grilchee?

ti*e p*ds and huge slop of sh*ts

ketchup, unironically

Bacon and tomato

if the sandwich contains more than cheese, bread and butter it is a melt.

ur a melt hue

taco meat and green olives between colby/pepper jack
eggs over soft and sauteed mushrooms/onions between garlic cheddar
turkey, bacon, guacamole between swiss
tomato feta and black pepper between provolone

the sky's the limit, friendo

You're a fucking melt, user.

its called a cheese toastie
always cheese - either cheddar or chilli cheese
sometimes salami too
or leftover pork ill fry that up and slap it in there
sometimes baked beans and cheese - god tier combo

I think it's time for you to fuck off.
:)

>cheese toastie
these are different from grilled cheese, the closest approximation i can make for bongistanis is making a cheese sandwich out of fried bread like you have with your english breakfasts

>grilchee

so complicated that its not even a grilled cheese anymore

>grilled cheese
>fried bread
Baiting is a subtle art.

we dont fry our cheese toasties we put them in a panini press / cheese toastie maker

>2-3 things in a sandwich and it's not even a sandwich anymore
any pan-fried cheese heavy sandwich is a grilled cheese.

>he thinks adding ingredients to a sandwich is complicated.
I don't think you're ready for unsupervised cooking yet, user.

its still a sandwich its just not a grilled cheese, thats like saying a philly cheese steak is a grilled cheese just cause it has melted cheese on it
complicated for a grilled cheese

>complicated
You mean complex.

onion

How do you make a grill cheese with tomato?
Someone asked me to make them one at work and I ended up having to put the tomato in after I cooked it because the cheese wouldn't melt from the cold temp of the tomato.
Is that how it's supposed to be done?

Put a lid on the pan while you're cooking, use low heat

I just put the tomato in and grill it man.
Also this

Store your uncut tomato at room temperature. Or lightly sear it in the pan while initially toasting the bread.

>condensation
ya na

>pan
It's a grilled cheese, you use a grill.
Clue's in the name.

Ok thanks anons, this will really help me out.

the condensation sticks to the lid, retard
you're never going to graduate beyond kraft singles

I'm sorry what? Do you have a flat-top industrial grill in your house?

I think it taste better grilled, it is not that much of an extra step.

Yeah. It's cast iron and sits on top of the gas burners, it's Plancha brand.

>the condensation sticks to the lid
ya na
enjoy your shitty steamed cheese

you're supposed to use butter on the bottom of the pan, not water

>bread, cheese, butter and tomato contain no water

If you're using a pan it's not a grilled cheese, idiot.

>these ingredients contain enough moisture to make a sandwich soggy
Maybe i'm just spoiled by the steam vent in my lid, but I've literally never experienced this and I turn off the pan and let it sit for the last few minutes of cooking

I prefer olive oil myself.

>grilled cheese
>lid
The fuck did I just read?

>steam vent lids
yah you're just a pleb

>What do you put in your grilchee?
My fingers or member
She seems to enjoy it very much so

That is a pan.

Nothing, my microwave is broken

A nice grilled ham and cheese brings me instant nostalgia coziness. Gotta use quality ingredients though.

>a Le Plancha grill is a pan
retard.

>Le
back to le reddit with le (you)

So many people and restaurants get tomatoes on sandwiches wrong. Tomatoes are very juicy, but delicious on sandwiches. Back when I was an apprentice, chef taught me to slice and salt my tomatoes at the beginning of prep, and lay them in a collander to drain. Gets most of the liquid out, and you can even pat them dry before using. That's how we did tomatoes for sandwiches or other breakfast/lunch dishes that required fresh tomato slices. And, you can use the resultant salty tomato water in sauces or braising liquids.

No wonder restaurant tomatoes on sandwiches have the texture of mush.

When I was a little kid, my dad would make me grilled cheese sandwiches with peanut butter. It's a bit wierd, but if the cheese isn't strong/sharp it's really quite good. Might just be nostalgia though.

disgusting

Grilled cheese and peanut butter sandwiches are godly. Even better if you add a few pickle slices.

Usually ham, sometimes I'll just say fuck cheese and make a grilled peanut butter sandwhich

dip it in pea soup

SNEED?

When does a pan become a grill then?

>grilchee

>tfw used to think they were called girlcheese
>refused to eat them because I was a boy

Lmao I thought the same thing when I was a kid

rainbow wonder bread with american kraft singles and country crock butter

quality ingredients.

A grilled cheese consists of only these following items. Cheese. Bread with spread (usually butter). This entire thread consist of "melts". Almost every "grilled cheese" sandwich i see on here has other items added to it. The fact that this thread is called "grilled cheese" is nothing short of utter blasphemy. Let me start out by saying I have nothing against melts, I just hate their association with sandwiches that are not grilled cheeses. Adding cheese to your tuna sandwich? It's called a Tuna melt. Want to add bacon and some pretentious bread crumbs with spinach? I don't know what the hell you'd call that but it's not a grilled cheese. I would be more than willing to wager I've eaten more grilled cheeses in my 21 years than any of you had in your entire lives. I have one almost everyday and sometimes more than just one sandwich. Want to personalize your grilled cheese? Use a mix of different cheeses or use sourdough or french bread. But if you want to add some pulled pork and take a picture of it, make your own thread entitled "melts" because that is not a fucking grilled cheese. I'm not a religious man nor am I anything close to a culinary expert. But as a bland white mid-western male I am honestly the most passionate person when it comes to grilled cheese and mac & cheese. All of you foodies stay the hell away from our grilled cheeses and stop associating your sandwich melts with them. Yet again, it is utter blasphemy and it rocks me to the core of my pale being. Shit, I stopped lurking after 3 years and commented for the sole purpose of posting this. I've seen post after post of peoples "grilled cheeses" all over Veeky Forums and it's been driving me insane. The moment i saw this thread this morning I finally snapped. Hell, I may even start my own thread just because I know this one exists now.
Respect the grilled cheese and stop changing it into whatever you like and love it for it what it is. Or make your damn melt sandwich and call it for what it is. A melt.

no u

This animal..sort of had... the pointiest eyes...

steve?

Dip mine in ketchup.

For me, it's the breakfast grilchee.
Fried potato slices, scrambled egg, and sausage.

pickles

wtf is that pink and blue shit

Do a reverse image search and you'll find out

The only thing that bothers me about this scene is that he moves the sandwich to the plate only to slide it onto the cutting board right next to him. Unrealistic extra step.

Sauerkraut. I've doing it since middle school and it smells up the house and causes anybody around to bitch about it. I have vivid memories of my dad stomping into the kitchen saying " what smells like feet?."

Anyway, who else /kraut grilchee/ here?

If I take those toppings off would you die?

It would be extremely bland

君君
君君

This guy.

My mom always ate just about everything though and to my knowledge still does, same for half my siblings.

I wish I could do this at work, but the grill only goes from fuckin blazing to hellfire temp wise

Consider this. Grilled Swiss on rye with sauerkraut, maybe with some pastrami..?

When my grilled cheese is almost done I sometimes sprinkle some shredded cheese on it and flip it to give it extra crunch.

cheese and pepper