How do westerners feel about Natto?

How do westerners feel about Natto?

Almost every single person I've met is so repulsed by how it looks they won't even try it.

it's OK but the smell is awful

it tastes ok but the texture makes me gag I can't eat slimy asian foods no matter how hard I try

looks like a roadkill snake i saw one time

Taste is mild but the texture is like hard beans in snot. It's not vomit-inducing but I would never choose to eat it on my own.

When I first saw it I thought it would taste like cheese with kidney beans, but was quickly disappointed. I don’t find it too bad tho... I eat it from time to time with a drop of soy sauce, an egg and spring onions.

I really enjoy natto. The smell has never put me off either. I actually like the smell, and I find it adds to the appeal of the food. I'm a white Californian, but I did grow up eating sushi from a pretty young age.

I like eating it on its own, with the little mustard and soy-vinegar seasonings that are usually included with it. It's very healthy and a convenient snack, and I find its slimy texture pretty endearing.

i've never eaten it, but i'd probably like it because i like gross fermented shit that makes most people want to puke

Pretty much this. It's mostly a breakfast food too and I haven't lived in Asia long enough to want rice and natto for breakfast.

Not that great. I've had it as part of breakfast and with quail egg & natto sushi, and both times the texture was just off-putting

I love it but I'm pretty fucked up

I can handle it in small amounts usually drowned in better tasting Japanese food. Unless you've grown up with it, not to many westerners eat it.

I've only had it once. It does smell bad, but it's not unbearable. It doesn't really taste like much. Apparently its healthy. Besides that I don't really see the point. I could take it or leave it. I would eat it again, but I wouldn't go out of the way to do so.

I'm extremely allergic to soy. One time I was in a Japanese hostel and a woman offered me Natto and upon my declination she seemed so hurt. I felt a little bad but damn ma. I'm a foreigner like I don't want your sticky bean clumps jfc

It tastes pretty rad it's like sweetened peanuts imo but I hate the feeling of sticky shit on my face and eating it is like hearing cats

I just can't bring myself to eat foods that are either really pungent or look disgusting. I'm sure someone will call me a tastelet or something, but I'm not going to force myself to eat something that makes me gag before I put it in my mouth.

i like it, but the fact that it's so expensive and you can ONLY get it in those shitty styrofoam containers makes me sad for the environment.

I like it, but it's an acquired taste and I'm American Asian, so I'm used to weird Asian food

can't eat curry without it.

natto my problem

Never tried it, looks good tho. It reminds me of struffoli

Soyboy.

only weebs might like it

dead meme

It's very good with mustard and scallions - I prefer it with hot rice to warm it up a bit. Impossible to buy in my country fresh/not frozen to all shit, I miss it.

I'd try it. Fermented trout is my favourite dish, so I might just like it.

>Fermented trout
skandi as fug

Ja

First time I had it was in a roll by itself, and it wasn't good.
Second time I took a bite from my friend's sashimi rice bowl, and with the tuna, green onions and sesame seeds it was a part of it, it was not bad.
For its supposed health benefits I think I could acquire the taste.

>tfw gf loves natto
>has it for breakfast, lunch, and as a side at dinner
>mfw going down on her

How does natto make the pussy stink? My ex loved garlic, her breath was horrible but her pussy didn't stink.

I just wanted people to believe I have a gf why do you have to be like this?

I'm sorry buddy. Realdolls aren't that expensive you know. Heck, I'm thinking of buying one.

It's alright.

Never tried it, but would like to.

Really tasty served warm as a little side to some dish for its texture. Served cold with garnish it's absolutely repulsive.

They say people either love it or hate it.

I think its alright. The smell isnt that bad. Ill eat it on its own or with rice

I suppose I would try it because I'd try almost anything, but I kinda think I wouldn't like it. The appearance really puts me off.

looks repulsive, wouldnt eat

I'm a mutt of all sorts of asian proportions,culturally too. I kinda want to try it. I do enjoy stuff like century egg,fermented bean curd,balut,durian, fermented shrimp paste. Does natto taste anything like the aforementioned foods?

I can get a pack of 3 for like $1.59 USD at my nearby Japanese market, that's pretty cheap.

A man of literal culture.

its ok but it only really exists because the US doesn't want europe to start another world war between themselves, however while it seems good on paper, the inter-dependency on the US (which has no real interest in NATO and is actual a detriment to the US) essentially makes it a forced ally if anyone attacks europe -sneaky-

i love it, but I'm a degenerate weeb

I like it.

All the natto I've had tasted like coffee.