Post a food associated with your country and others who have tried it post what you thought of it

Post a food associated with your country and others who have tried it post what you thought of it.

pic related

Shit thread

Overwhelming taste of salt and yeast. Good on toast very thinly applied. Better than marmite of borvil

Thinly spread Vegemite is for babies. You're not acceptable until you like it thick.

And that's not what yeast tastes like. I know it's a yeast extract, but wine doesn't taste like grapes and Vegemite doesn't taste like yeast.

Bought one of these for the first time in years the other day, they are good but need a thicker chocolate coating to he quite honest famalam

tastes like beer, which to me tastes like yeast. Fuck your opinion on my tongue, you "thats not a knife" floppy hat shithead.

>tastes like beer
Confirmed for never having been on the same continent as vege/marmite

I bought some of this but it tasted like gum after you eat tuna with it in.

Fair suck of the sav

Faggot

Actually, Coopers Stout and some other beers do have a Vegemite flavour to them.

vegemite is great, a little mealier than marmite and less sticky, like different grades of honey. The yeast favour is less pronounced as well. Love them both.
never heard of this
this tastes like stale meme

sometimes the crumble bites very smoothly and softly and is great. other bits then feel hard and sticky

could happen with the same bar. I think it has to do with the angle you bit it or something. like if you bite "against the grain" then it doesn't taste as good

Did you hear recently a South Australian company bought the rights to the violet crumble off Nestle? They have promised to not change the recipe at all and manufacture it in Adelaide. Looking forward to see if it changes or not and it's good to know it's back in our hands instead of sending the profits to the high fructose corn syrups.

I have noticed that yeah, it's probably just down to the way honeycomb is made and a slight difference in one smooth part and perhaps a slightly bigger air bubble in the other. I have one more in the fridge, I'll give it a go later.

Korea, why do you do this?

I LOVE Violet Crumbles. Publix has them.

What am I looking at here? Shwarma pizza?

It's a kebab pizza, straight out of Swedistan. Might look gross but is actually really good, the ultimate hangover food

Vegemite is terrible and it's the reason why Aussies are considered less than subhumans.

This shit is complete fucking trash, and only human filth eat it.

Bahahahahaha, the shit I read on here.

>being this jealous

No it isn't. It's because the best our mainstream culture can come up with is drinking beer and watching other people play sports, and if something is a little bit difficult we're all just "she'll be right, mate" and everybody stops trying.

>being jealous of people eating shit

no

wew lad, get yourself checked out

I like promite better.
Both, as well as marmite and that swedish shit that comes in a tube, are god tier on rye.

If you mix this with butter or any other retarded shit you are an absolute degenerate. The gulags would be too good for you.

>obsessed

That looks pretty good, what is it called?

mammi is nice and I don't know why people don't like it. to me it almost tasted like orange or something, some kind of citrus flavor was there. maybe I have bad tastebuds

rolly-poly-flaky-baky-twisty-turny-pastry-basty.

Don't bomb an airport though.

Why would I do that? Oh yeah, now I remember, Sweden is 99% muslims! Praise Allah! Based Fox News told me that Sweden is doomed

If you whip/stir/aerate marmite long enough it turns white. What the fuck is that all about.

I used to know a crazy old guy that would make his own "beer" from throwing rotten fruit and 4 big spoons of vegemite into a barrel of water and let it sit for a month.

best food to gobble down when drunk

Artisan, small-batch, handcrafted, homemade, craft beer.

Since vegemite doesn’t contain any live yeast I’m calling:
B U L L S H I T
U
L
L
S
H
I
T

Rotten fruit contains yeast.
Throwing fruit juice in a bottle and putting it in the sun is enough to produce alcohol.

Glad you understand.

fucking seppos mate, I tell you

Terrible
Downgraded Döner
Delish

Thanks m8, appreciate it

Trash.

Rubbish.

putanginamo bobo

Amerifag here

not as good as marmite, a little too sweet and oniony.
awesome. Love that molassesy taste but it takes a while to make.
it was a combination of all the foods that i find bland and boring while everyone else really likes them. Got a 0 from me, sorry
fuck yes, not on a sandwich but i have had leberkase and it was fantastic
i have eaten vermin before, specifically possum. It was insanely lean, the leanest meat I've ever had, and not too bad really.

Hushpuppies are my favorite uniquely American dish. Curious as to your thoughts on them.

Sampah.

Can't get enough of the shit. Just pushes all the right savory buttons.

Leberkaese?

Really?

Of all the things?

I like the taste but the amount of salt is just insane.
t. Bernd

I expect most people haven't tried it.

Guess where

Californiafag born and raised, vegemite is delicious as fuck

Those are good, so are Cherry Ripe's. They used to sell them here but stopped and now I have to buy them online

Isn't that just a Crunchie?

It's the same concept but a totally different flavour. The violet crumble is better desu. It's not made by Cadbury and has quite a different chocolate taste. The honeycomb is different too.

>PLEASE NOTICE ME BIG STRONG AMERICANS.

kill yourself

my stomach right now

its a spread for toast that tastes like burned toast

i really just do not understand

My tongue feels weird as fuck after eating these. Anyone else get that?

Aussie here, Poutine is fucking awesome.
Have only had it twice in my life though. It's hard getting cheesecurds near me.

Curds are ridiculously easy to make with plain milk.

I'm also super lazy, so there's that.

sounds like your a boring cunt with no mates

>your

>doesn't like sport
>likes putting effort into things
>must be boring

Tyropita Strifti

why would you reply to a post just to say you've never heard of something you attention needing queer

? What are you on about, lard arse?

I've never noticed desu. I have one in the fridge, I'll try it later tonight and let you know. The sun is still shining bright here.

If you don't recognize everything in this image you aint a southerner.
I wish I could also post the other 90% of the food we eat but this sums up quite a bit of /dixie/ cookin.

>cornbread(pone?)
amazing. i don't know what it is but cornbread is hypnotizing to me. I don't care much for carbs except for cornbread. I could eat that entire skillet right now.
>Fried okra
pretty solid! but I like jalapeno poppers better personally.
>chicken and corn chowder
I like it, but i also like to dump smoked paprika in it, am I ruining it?
>collard greens
10/10, one of my favorite veggie dishes
>shrimp and grits
it's okay. a little bland.
>boiled peanuts
nah. salty and mushy. I don't like em.

This makes me miss when I worked in the South. You have to love the fried okra and cornbread.

Great food and really nice people.

Lekker

murrican here. I love vegemite

>chowder
That's fucking chicken and dumplings, you retard
>shrimp and grits is bland
This has to be intentional trolling.

I used to eat these often. It’s the same thing as seafoam or sponge candy. It’s good.

Missing barbecue, but that can be incredibly regional, so fair enough. I'd also add chicken-fried steak to the Golden Standard of Southern food. And biscuits! Fuck flakey, real biscuits are buttery and kinda crumbley.

ah, my mistake. I also love chicken and dumplings
don't know why but shrimp in cream sauce is just a nah from me.

I can find Vegemite in the grocery store a mile away. I’m in the US. Try again.

You had it all correct except its not chicken corn chowder
It looks more like Chikin n dumplins to me.

also i aint from georgia or Louisiana so I dont like boiled peanuts or shrimp n grits either.

Also
>Styrofoam containers full of meat n threes
>fried catfish
>fried everything

Hell the only reason we still cook greens is because we havent figured out how to fry it yet.

Southern cooking is all about making the unpalatable , palatable.
And we dont waste a single piece of pork.
Skin? make chitterlins
feet? Pickle or smoke them damn pigs feet and eat em.
All meals are best when eaten on a porch with music playing and children and dogs running around in the yard sipping bourbon/sweet tea/lemonade/ or moonshine.

Seriously?! Why did I never notice it?!

Guess that’s become a normal part of life now? Is it made with halal meat?

Didnt want to put every possible form of bbq.

Too much variation
I'm from TN/AL/MS so I know a bit of variation
Also TN cooks the best ribs / pulled pork sandwichs (get out with your mustard stuff SC)
TX has the best brisket
SC attempts to think their pulled pork is so superior.

It tastes nothing like beer you fuckwit.

I always hear the really nice people thing and took it for granted , until I went to Ohio and Indiana and no stranger was just nice to me.
Actually they were dicks, Especially in North Ohio.

What the fuck is seafoam and what the fuck is sponge candy? I'm the person you were replying to, btw

I'm British and I actually prefer this to marmite. Same great extremely savoury flavour but thicker consistency makes it easier to spread on toast and slightly less sharp. This with fried eggs on toast or on crumpets with strong cheddar is delicious.

You're welcome down under any time you want to come, yeah, innit etc

Try Vegemite with avocado on toast. It's mind blowingly good m8.

Vegemite on toast for brekky.
6 pack and a pie for dinner.
Beat my wife for dessert.
Yeah nah yeah nah yeah

>beat my wife for dessert
was dessert really that bad or what did she say?

it's ok. every other finn food i had was better than that, muikku was the highlight though.

I'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy

Doesn't käse mean cheese? Why is it called that?

Southern food is best food. Now i want boiled peanuts dammit.