The official coffee thread

What ever happened to the cawfee generals? Used to be people who actually cared about coffee on Veeky Forums, there were gear discussions and brewing discussions and so on.

Now it seems like you're some kind of elite sophisticated coffee snob so long as your stale pre-ground commodity ashes aren't adulterated with sugar. Veeky Forums has fallen on hard times, let's fix that.

Also, official coffee thread.

I'd like some advice on a new grinder. I got the aergrind for use with my aeropress which I like just fine.
Starting a new job however so I thought to save time I'd start using a French press. I drink three cups.
What's a good hand grinder that will make three cups worth?
Also, what's a good French press ...?

>Because everyone posting is one person

>aergrind
I started reading about it and stopped when I got to "V60 compatible"

What kind of rubes are these people marketing to?

I thinks it's mainly for the aeropress as it doesn't have much capacity and fits nicely inside the tube for travel purposes

>he doesn't know 99% of the posts are one britposter fighting one american
this board could be 10 people for all i know

Every single "eurofag attacking proud americans" argument is actually just a retarded poor hillbilly from the deep south spewing toxic rage at middle class Americans from the northeast and west coast because you can't be a real american unless every meal comes out of a box and is consumed with a 2L bottle of coca cola

one american can equal around 3-4 times a normal human being though

Thank you for reminding me that I need to buy coffee today. I like coffee black but I always comment on the bitterness while my roommate says he doesn't taste bitterness at all when we drink from the same batch of beans.

Turkish coffee, however, is the nectar of the gods. I wish I could make it at home the way they do at restaurants.

If you only consider mass this is very true.

>not storing brain power in your mass

Tea is superior

pretentious trolling in coffee thread is strictly prohibited MODS MODS MODS

I'll try again.
Any recommendations for a grinder on par with the aergrind but with more capacity ...
Also French press discussions

Green tea

I found a funny comic I wanted to share with you guys!

>cuccs
>american
Good joke.

cuccoo cuccooo

caww caawww! cawfee!

I stopped posting them when none of them would even last overnight, coffee equipment is a very slow field, I don't know how other boards can talk about watches every single day, nothing new in watchmaking has arisen since the 1970s.

How do they do it differently at restaurants that a newbie can't perfect?

Here's how I do it at home:
1. Fill 50mL cup with water
2. Pour water into turkish coffee pot
3. Add 1 heaped tsp of pulverised coffee
4. Add cardamon or 1tsp of sugar or no sugar depending on what I feel like
5. Stir
6. Place it on the gas stove and turn it on medium-low heat
7. As soon as I see the crema-like foam on the top start to "bloom", I take it off the stove before it starts to roll
8. Put the pot back on and repeat step 7 two more times
9. Pour the coffee in the cup, allow to settle and cool for about a minute, and drink

What am I doing wrong?

>I don't know how other boards can talk about watches every single day, nothing new in watchmaking has arisen since the 1970s.
Mostly just repeated shitposting, over and over and over.

Not everyone knows everything about coffee. There doesn't need to be anything new in the world of coffee to make coffee discussion interesting.

You can always share your knowledge, help newbies, recommend new brewing techniques, hold debates on the best single o, etc.

What kind of coffee carafe do you guys use?
I tried looking up reviews but like 99% of this garbage is just shilled reviews that are straight up copy pasted from the official product descriptions....

>official coffee thread
>6 hours since last post

Where is everyone? Are they all getting coffee?

When you think about the way coffee patricians rate single origin coffees, they also say things like "it's a hint of cherry", "tea-like" or "chocolaty notes". These coffees are always described with terms that aren't coffee.

So their preference is to have coffee that doesn't taste like coffee essentially.