/deenz/

Sardines and canned fish thread

I almost bought some oysters on sale but backed out, just didn't look appetizing at all. Are they good out of the can?

I've had them. They're alright. I just slather them in hotsauce and dig in to make them a little more than alright

But they cost more than sardines so why bother choosing something you don't actually like?

generic brands

sardines $1
oysters $2.50
anchovies $1.75
kippers $1

I probably won't ever try oysters at that rate

I was curious

Also canned octopus is shit tier, hotsauce barely improves it.

I got a question for you autists, how do you guys eat sardines? Surely they have little bones in them, and I can't imagine you guys go through and debone the sardines yourselves so is it done like a typical fillet where it's cut and then packaged?

The bones are softened to the point of being unnoticable

Eating a sandwich with canned mackerels in tomato sauce right now. Tasty quick and filling but getting pretty expensive, 1€ a can or more depending on offers. Still worth it though, some black pepper and you're good to go.

>Also canned octopus is shit tier, hotsauce barely improves it.
what did you cook it with?

the bones are edible, they're also good for you

Anyone got some good deen recipes?

Can someone post that premium shit with jalapenos?

I forgot the name but it looked amazing

Box was red

Fuck my ass its in OP‘s picture

It's like canned salmon.

Strong growing community.

tfw fried up some 'racha deenz and the smell wouldnt get out of the kitchen for the rest of the day

embrace your new fishy identity and convert everyone else as well
then no one will mind the smell

>tfw deenz are expenses fuck here

;_;

The daily, with some buttered baguette. Really starting to love these Wild Planet deenz. I would recommend them to a beginner for their tuna-like taste. King Oscar are excellent but I wouldn't recommend them to an absolute beginner, they're more a delicacy for the conneseur.

what kind of butter is that? looks like soap

Am I welcome here if I have squid in a can?

We of the Deenz conglomerate request a sub chan /deenz/

4 chan you have 72 hours to comply.

canned tuna is my favorite

Enjoy your mercury poisoning bro.

Anybody else eat their deens really slow? Just noticed I do this. A can can take me 20 minutes to finish, but for other foods I'm a fast eater.

yeah post em picaroonies

I am

I stay away from Pacific seafood because Fukushima. Bela is better.

Never had sardines. Do you eat then whole? Are the bones soft? Do you need to take out the poo poo like shrimp? Thinking about getting them. Help plz

I'm eating sardines right now actually. The bones are so soft you don't even notice them. I'm not sure if there's poo poo, I just eat everything in the can.

The innards are usually taken out so you don't have to clean them like shrimp. The rib bones (not sure if they're called that) are tiny and soft and you probably won't notice them, but you might notice the spine. It's still edible and supposed to be good for you but some people don't like the texture, however it's easy to remove if you don't like it.

>he doesnt know about the complimentary poopoo layer under the deenz

it's good protein

Love the deenz, but they do have a foul smell. Usually eat tuna instead

i have a can of nice sardines , but instead of the normal ones just in oil , i got some in tomato sauce , what should i do with them? i usually just heat them in a skillet with the oil it comes in, but now im clueless

Anyone else eat these? If you like sardines but want something more smoky you should try them. They’re pretty much all from Latvia or Russia though so you may have to check the International aisle or visit an ethnic market that caters to Slavic immigrants.

They are cooked so long that the bones just crumble when you chew them. I recommend bone in rather than boneless for the calcium boost.

Get a fork
open the can
you figure out the rest

Does nobody else eat their deenz out of the can using a traditional sardine hook?

105g 630yen (6 $

I like using them in tomato sauce-based pasta dishes.

I had a can of sardines packed in tomato sauce that was about to expire and made a makeshift pasta putanesca with some leftover ingredients. Turned out okay.

One can fish
One or two ripe avacodo
Sourdough bread slices
Salt

Open and drain fish
Cut and scoop out avacodo
Mix until a paste is formed
Toast or grill bread slices
Spread fish paste on bread
Sprinkle with salt
(it must be properly salted or the Benzene is lost)
Eat during the narrow window of opportunity before the avocado turns to brown muck.

Are there any qualitative differrences between the variously priced cans or do you mostly pay for the brand?

I read "one can fish" as it would be "one is able to fish" and thought it was some stupid poem

Each can of deenz holds a world of difference.

Are you guys all seniors? Is eating like a 70 year old man the new meme?

You guys are all my dad

Old people know.

>All this “drain the fish” in deenz recipes
Are you really supposed to drain the oil? I usually eat it too since it’s olive oil I thought it was good for you

Do whatever you want bubba

>Wild Planet deenz
These are the very best, all flavors.

Do the poles eat this? There is a polish bakery/deli near my house I might stop in at.

I just had these tonight, got them from a Russian import store. They were pretty good. I usually like the ones in olive oil better though.

I've found it at Mediterranean/Middle Eastern stores. The product is from Latvia and is most popular in Eastern Europe and Russia.

I love seafood and wanna get into this, what would you recommend

Don't go cheap the first time. King Oscar are good and widespread. If you're squeamish get them skinless and boneless but the ones that aren't are nearly the same taste and texture wise. You can't even tell the soft bones from a cracker if you put your deenz on one.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

hey guys, new to canned fish.
I am trying to get Veeky Forums, and I noticed that tuna has a shitton of protein, is there any reason I shouldn't or cannot eat a can everyday?

good

Cool, what are some good crackers you'd recommend

I actually just researched it over the web, and I do not want mercury poisoning. Could anyone recommend any other cheap high protein canned fish varieties?

I don't go fancy. Ritz whole wheat or Italian herb or whatever the hell it is.

pretty much this: also, if you want something other than just fish on a cracker, try adding some sliced red onion or pickled jalapeno

I'm a big fan of canned eel. I put it on a sheet of tinfoil and stick it in the toaster oven for a bit. Then add a bit of hoisin sauce, put it back in the oven.

Serve that shit over rice with some kimchi and soy sauce, shit is dope.Tastes pretty close to the eel they sell at sushi restaurants.

For regular canned fish, it's kippers all the way. Eat that shit with triscuits or on a bagel. King Oscar is the best. Sardines are good but kips blow em out of the water.

Awesome, thanks for the advice

How are brunswick brand sardines in Canada?

Hit and miss. I found something weird in a can once.

The higher up on the food chain a fish is, the more mercury it has generally. So,,, sardines, sprats, anchovies... pretty much any variety of herring or small fish has way less than tuna (and even some varieties of tuna are ok). Salmon is good, mackerel is only ok.

That all said, the benefits of eating fish usually overrule the mercury exposure you'll get, unless you're eating swordfish or shark or something. You have to eat a fuckton of fish to start worrying about mercury poisoning.

Which brands would you suggest in Canada?

I mean I want to eat a can a day. 20 grams of protein for less than 2 bucks is a bargain, and the perks of no prep time and long ass shelf life are too nice to pass up, but I do not want to kill myself with it. I might go for salmon instead, bought in bulk it is certainly no more expensive, and has the same benefits.

A lot of gas stations where I live sell live bait. Are minnows any good for eating? What do they taste like? Can I buy some and cut the head off and eat like sushi?

Yeah, canned pink salmon is cheap and fairly tasty. Plus they leave the backbone in, which you don't really notice texturally and it adds a ton of nutrients.

Healthwise, salmon is way better than tuna, and probably more appetizing than sardines for some people.

Millionaires, Riga Sprats, and Brunswick kippers (you should try their sardines too).
I live in Victoria and normally get these brands.

>Fukushima
Dude, the amount of radioactive crap that got into the ocean barely registers compared to the sheer volume of the Pacific. You do you - I wouldn't want to swim near the Fukushima coastline or eat fish caught in the vicinity for at least a year or two after the disaster, but writing off a whole ocean seven years on is a bit much.

>You guys are all my dad
Well, your mom did get around a lot back then. Collective fathering is tricky, son, but we're glad that you acknowledge us.

Mines

Meanwhile clearly the thousands of oil spills in the Atlantic mean nothing

ya

They're delicious, everyone should try them if they can get their hands on a can

Canned salmon is better anyway, higher omega 3 than canned tuna

best of the cheap brands

millionaires are a little bit better, but cost twice as much

>pampa

Fucking dollar tree tier, have fun with your food poisoning

Where do I get better stuff user?

Obviously Sirena is the best tuna brand in Aus, but what is the second best or best off brand?

As long as you can get past the initial smell when you open a can, sardines and kippers are lovely.

Best sprats i had so far.

Kek same here until I kept reading

My girlfriend's husband picks the bones out for me.

sardines while drunk y/n??

I love em, i put them in salads

Used to have a neighbor that worked in alaska at a cannery and when he would come home he would hook us up with a fuckton of canned salmon, mostly smoked salmon but fuck its good

Of course they don't look appetizing, they're little weird sea creatures. But yes they're fucking fantastic out of the can.

ive just been getting beach cliff, but i wanna step my deenz game up

Can we refer to the deenz community as a school? Because sardines swim in schools.

>My girlfriend's husband

I had some canned mackerel for lunch today and those last few bites of it on bread sopped with the oil and some hot sauce was fucking orgasmic. That oil is magic.

Sardines are my no.1 breakfast Item
I have them with eggs in a bowl
or on buttered toast

Any one recommend other ways of eating sardines?

Other canned fish I eat
Mackrel, in curry sauce or mustard sauce & plain.

Kippers, I enjoyed them on toast

havent tried anchovies yet

Other than tuna thats all my local store stocks

its almost like the average normie is too retarded to understand basic physics

John West

Fucked that up. John West.

cringy fb memes?

is this leddit?

I used to be retarded until I ate deenz