Do you find yourself sometimes eating the salt at the bottom of a bag of pretzels?

Do you find yourself sometimes eating the salt at the bottom of a bag of pretzels?

For me, it's the most enjoyable part.

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jch.12994/full
ashjournal.com/article/S1933-1711(17)30105-5/fulltext
cell.com/neuron/fulltext/S0896-6273(14)01157-X
circ.ahajournals.org/content/133/9/894.long
circ.ahajournals.org/content/133/9/881.long
jeffnovick.com/RD/Articles/Entries/2013/10/3_The_Truth_About_Sodium_Intake_Levels_files/Jay CPE.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah. You ever eat a whole family size bag of salt and vinegar chips and then u cant taste anything for a few days?

You ever just eat a bag of salt?

That's one way to raise your blood pressure.

Maybe you're deficient

>he falls for 50 year old memes

No, your genes are shit.

you ever find yourself licking each and every pretzel, stripping them bare of their heart-destroying ambrosia? Or, do you ever intentionally manhandle the bag to increase your post-pretzel yield, then pouring it out and using an empty gift card to form lines of salt, snorting it and losing yourself in a sodium-induced ecstasy?

>Do you find yourself sometimes eating the salt at the bottom of a bag of pretzels?

I have done this in the past, but I don't do it anymore.
I find if I eat too much plain salt, I begin to feel profoundly nauseous.

I'm going to say that's probably caused by metabolic alkalosis but that's just a guess.

Enjoy your heart attack.

It goes in my oats the next morning.

>they think salt directly raises blood pressure.

I know youre memeing but ill bite. Salt directly increases your blood pressure

Salt has nothing to do with hypertension or heart disease. If you heard that from a doctor, they have not been near a school in decades.

Tell me specifically how salt increases blood pressure.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jch.12994/full

>salt increases blood pressure because I say it does.
>salt increases blood pressure because decreasing salt decreases blood pressure.
Absolutely no description of the mechanism by which this supposedly works.

The faulty logic in this is absolutely stunning.
Please, describe to me, in detail precisely HOW salt increases blood pressure.

I swear to whatever God or Gods order the universe that I had this same thought yesterday and almost made a thread of my own on this same topic.

>because I say it does
You can feed people salt in a lab setting and directly see their blood pressure increase.

>Absolutely no description of the mechanism by which this supposedly works.
Just because the mechanism isn't understood in complete detail doesn't mean the effect doesn't exist. The efficacy of aspirin was established long before it was understood how it works. Putting that aside, you can try these for varying possibilities

ashjournal.com/article/S1933-1711(17)30105-5/fulltext
cell.com/neuron/fulltext/S0896-6273(14)01157-X
circ.ahajournals.org/content/133/9/894.long
circ.ahajournals.org/content/133/9/881.long
jeffnovick.com/RD/Articles/Entries/2013/10/3_The_Truth_About_Sodium_Intake_Levels_files/Jay CPE.pdf

You've seen the bullshit. Now here's the truth.

Salt doesn't cause hypertension.
Dehydration causes hypertension.
Salt CAN, but doesn't necessarily, cause dehydration.

Therefore, sodium does not DIRECTLY raise blood pressure.

My entire point being this: if you drink enough water, you can eat as much fucking salt as you please.

Maybe doctors should stop telling people salt is bad, and start telling people that NOT DRINKING WATER is bad.

Repeating your denial and making evidenceless assertions doesn't further your position. Getting so emotional over it doesn't help much either.