Meals you genuinely prepared yourself

Post and rate.

I'll start with a sirloin I cooked the other night. Sauteed onions. Brussel sprouts with bacon.

How did I do, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doenjang-jjigae)
seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/01/wing-week-extra-crispy-thai-sweet-and-spicy-w.html
seriouseats.com/2015/01/the-food-lab-crispy-oven-fried-chicken-wings-xian-superbowl-buffalo-snack.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how the fuck can we even tell with any modicum of confidence
for all we know, it probably has an insufficient
>sodium content

lol

very poor sear on steak
overcooked on one side, basically 50% well done
sides aren't cooked at all, looks like the amount of effort you put into cooking the steak was put in pan -> flip -> shit diaper -> remove from pan, similar to the amount of effort in those hastily, unevenly cooked onions
also lmao couldn't even put in the minimal effort to get the bacon to stick to the brussel sprouts, looks like fucking bacon bits dude

a big pile of slop

Spiced Egg Curry. I'd rank myself an intermediate chef, this is what I cooked myself for dinner, it's very scrumptious.

UMA

What do they call these things? I've had em before, I just forget what they are.

Rate my wagyu steak with egg

water chestnuts....

This is my problem with all the food selfies that get posted here, and especially the contests some spergs hold: WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE FUCKING FOOD TASTES NOR CAN WE
The meat looks well cooked. Brussel sprouts seems nicely done. But that's all I can reasonably say . The entirety of Veeky Forums is like that part of the food judging shows where they first talk about presentation before tasting it, but with no possibility of tasting.
Reminder that commercials literally use hairspray on food to make it look tastier, but you wouldn't want to eat anything from the photoshoot afterwards.

1/10

Ragout

Veeky Forums

>no light
>too much light
>upside down phone posts

rice looks well cooked, good glaze
don't do this
really solid consistency/texture on the liquid

looks good

Meme meals

Looks like a big slop of shat

Made some carnitas and rice.

Where? Is it underneath that big slop of sh*t?

Joe rogan minus 50

Hhhhhahahahahahajajjajajajajajahahahhhahhahahahahhaha

Jokes on you guys, I don't care anymore

im not very good, but here's a couple ive made in the past year or two. first time trying to make Doenjang-jjigae (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doenjang-jjigae) but ill admit it was more soupy than stewy because i didnt have the patience to simmer it for longer. still pretty good thouh

cheese donkatsu with homemade sauce and a cream soup. salad looks shit but the katsu was fried very well

Looks like two slops of shat

and last some fried chicken. actually amazing, the sound these made when i crunched down on them was unreal. left is a spicy soysauce based sauce i made for the chicken

:(

Check out the depth on those Balls

It looks fine user. Ignore the slop posters.

:) thanks mate

>more soupy than stewy
Also, the flavor was probably less infused in the tofu, right?
To be fair, doenjang does kind of look like a big slop of shat.

yeah the tofu was pretty much flavor less lol. and agreed but it tastes great

would eat. Good pairing too. but like said, you need to work on your sear game. Also, I love brussels sprouts and those look great to me, you should work on your plating if you are going to be serving guests. Also, those onions wtf lol.

Looks teeth shatteringly crispy, user. What's your method? I just made some wings to test different sauces for the superbowl tomorrow and used the double frying method. did them for about 20 minutes at 200F just until tender (but not browning), then let them cool off. Then fried at 400 until golden brown. They are so crispy but still moist.

The sauces I tried were normal Frank's red hot+butter for buffalo wings, a sweet-spicy Thai basil chili sauce that is really really good, and a Szechuan hot+numb ('ma') mix that I really like.

yeah double frying really is the way to go. i dont think i did anything special but i did use potato starch for the coating and it was the crispiest chicken ive ever had. your wings looks great,and the thai basil chii sauce sounds amazing, do you have a recipe or did you buy a bottle?

>looks like the amount of effort you put into cooking the steak was put in pan -> flip -> shit diaper -> remove from pan, similar to the amount of effort in those hastily, unevenly cooked onions

The temperature wasn't high enough dumbass.

Your plate's too small! Look, the rice is falling off.

Moron

That looks great.

That looks tasty, my dude.

You've been trolled by a mental midget

>the temperature wasn't high enough so the sides didn't get seared
are you mentally handicapped
the pan could've been 1000 fucking degrees and the sides of the steak won't sear if he doesn't move it

yeah man, serious eats has a whole bunch of wing recipes up b/c of the superbowl. Here's the recipe for the
>Thai basil chili:
seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/01/wing-week-extra-crispy-thai-sweet-and-spicy-w.html

>and szechuan chili:
seriouseats.com/2015/01/the-food-lab-crispy-oven-fried-chicken-wings-xian-superbowl-buffalo-snack.html

good luck user!

I want your slop all over me user

it was my first time deep frying anything at home and it was a lot of work but very worth it
:))
awesome thanks man, idk if ill be able to use these tomorrow but def next time i make chicken im trying them out. good luck cooking tomorrow friend, have fun

THanks man, I can't recommend the Thai chili basil enough. BTW, in the recipe i sent it doesn't have basil, I added that myself. Good luck!

I made this meal on new years. Beef wellington, sprouts, spuds, old fashioneds.

got a pic of the beef wellington after you cut it?

Was pretty juicy.

looks beautiful mane

oh dang. That looks downright scrumptious.

Is beef wellington hard? It's something that's always intrigued me but I've never had the courage to try.

Pork chop with lemon dill sauce
Sautéed zucchini and mushrooms
Arugula salad with feta, raspberries and a raspberry vinaigrette

Dill is such an underrated herb for meat. looks great mang

made this earlier today
teriyaki swordfish, royal reds, balsamic brussels and box taters. I know the sides don't make sense but i was just using what I had

Wtf is that?

>swordfish

enjoy your mercury retard

You and I would get along ridiculously well.

Looks like chicken foot.

So i make a pretty mean pork tenderloin, but im looking for a new marinade. More savory than sweet. Any suggestions?

Rice looks like shit, did you use long grain? Did you leave it to steam?

No it was really easy. I followed Gordon Ramsey's video on YouTube. It takes a bit of prep time but its not hard. I have a food processor - needed it for the mushroom patte. I also stuck a meat thermometer in it when I baked it because I didn't want to mess with weight vs time and it came out perfectly.

If I were to make it again I would use less of the mushroom patte. You only need a thin layer and really do keep it as far away from the sides as he says. When you roll it the patte kind of gets forced to the sides and mine had just a little too much of the patte for my liking.

are you me?

yeah, we should just have webm regurgitation/alc/fast food/sip threads instead

looks like my girl friends Vagina

yummy

butah chicun

>overcooked on one side, basically 50% well done
Which is called medium well, you retard. Not everyone likes their meat undercooked

Pizza with sour cream, rocket and mortadella and everything else you can see in the pic

holy fuck, you all legitimately suck ass at cooking

if you want to see a real meal, look at this image. It is the perfect benediction, and runs laps around all of your asshole food

Not even good b8

babbys first b8

ribs last night

Look odd because two types of sauces. One sugary/spicy sauce, one vinegary sauce.

why didnt you half the brussels sprout? it cook way better

Coq au vin

>anal beads

Looks great man would love to eat it, keep up the OC ignore the haters

I might be

I just might be

More onions

looks nice

saved

I'd like to put my coq in your vin ;)

My zero fucks given about the superbowl dinner.

Smoked leg of lamb, roasted baby potatoes, spinach salad with garbanzo beans, goat cheese and some other vegetables.

why didnt you half the brussels sprout? it cooks
better

I had never even heard of a witlof when I made this, but here's my witlof met ham en kaas. I don't like how there's drops of fat from the cheese I put on top for browning in the sauce so I'd like fix that next time. The sauce thickened really quickly in the oven too. Tasted nice tho.

That looks bomb as fuck, user. I'm not the biggest lamb guy, but I'd definitely go to town on that. It's the potatoes and salad I would inhale like a vacuum though.

at first i thought you meant you gave 0 fucks about the dinner and was pissed because it looks so fucking good

I'm gonna save that picture of a plate of food for future reference. Great balance of quality and ease.

Prime porterhouse.

Was great, but I regretted not getting a tomahawk instead.

No inside shot of steak but it was Rare-Blue

I just made breakfast
Egg and bacon on a bagel with cream and some coffee in it

I thought you were eating rice and fucking lemons lmao

cause I steamed them instead of doing them in the oven since I already had the steamer going for the shrimp
the dark spots aren't char it's just the balsamic mix

>mug of cream
>two (2) bagel sandwiches
>bagels have cancer from your radioactive gay pride keyboard
How fat are you? And what the fuck are those bagels?

I did say I was having cream with coffee in it

A little and idk I think they were cinnamon?
I ran out of bread.

>gaymurrrrrrrrr keyboard

Great lightning in this picture

>witlof met ham en kaas
Thats chicory with ham and cheese belg