Al/ck/

auuoʎıug topıc edıtıou

how you all getting on?

off me

A friend of mine asked me if we could kill a man for his bachelor party. So what do you want to do about this? I'd buy you some pussy first.

Just hit 90 days sober the other day. Today is 3 months but 92 days.

pleased for you. gives us all a bit of hope.

they cut it with an extra 2.5% water. how is it though? work like a charm?

>tfw can only drink one day per week

When do I stop? Vodka is empty. Scotch is half way down. Terrible gut-busting rum is untouched.

Thanks man. I'm in AA, but my meeting attendance has dropped. I'm still working on my 4th step, but I need motivation to keep going. After my last bender I was pretty beat up and went everyday for almost a month straight. Now, I am back in order and going like every two weeks. Even lying to my sponsor about my meeting attendance, I blame it on not have a driver's license but I know it's just an excuse. I am also having thoughts such as not needing AA anymore. Very confused state.

tastes like general purpose alcohol at 37.5% really. which is nice as it gets you drunk while not tainting anything you decide to mix it with

day 3, smoking a lot of weed. Have appetite already.

Have you ever considered not being an alcoholic?

are people required to go to AA or some shit?

I hate it

if its worked so far keep going bud. that fourth step scared the shit out of me so i never did it or make amends to people. takes some courage.

then just don't go lol

Is there anything wrong with being an alcoholic if I'm happy? I almost always feel pretty content with life.

Wait for it...

godspeed user

you probably aren't an alcoholic then

most alcoholics start getting withdrawals if they dont drink. that traps you. a lot of alcoholics hate being trapped like that but its so unpleasant to quit. this is eventually where youll be if youre an alcoholic. its fun until you start losing jobs getting arrested and going to hospitals

how much do you drink a day ?

what's the best potato vodka

Makes sense. I've only been drinking heavily for a year or two.
Half a handle and some beer, not really sure. Depends if I'm alone or with people too.

Who has an over-the-counter hangover remedy? I take:
>caffeine 150mg + L-Theanine 200mg
>Ashwaghanda 1000mg
>Emergen-C (general vitamin supplement) (1000mg Vit C)
>GABA throughout the day, not sure dosage
>Probiotic for shitting
Anything I'm missing? I used to smoke pot, but not anymore.

a beer or three over the course of the day will help too

Some are, but I am not required. I went because I literally could not stop drinking. I was about to lose my apartment, job, and girlfriend. Also my parents were about to drop contact with me. So, I am not required to go, but I think I should since I have gotten my shit together and I think AA helped. I even stopped smoking weed and no benders. Not even a sip of booze.
I know what you mean. It's bringing back terrible memories writing all that shit down. I'm afraid to even think about facing those memories again for amends. But, I guess I'll take it one day at a time.

gaba powder that you buy otc doesnt cross the blood brain barrier btw. i used to try that. wouldl take like 8 tablespoons. did nothing.

Don't listen to . The addiction starts to kick in before things start to go bad and once you're addicted you'll never not be addicted. You should test yourself. If you take a dry week, and spend some time during that period feeling like a drink even when you're busy with something important, you're on your way and should probably take a much longer break. If, when you return to booze, you feel a deep euphoric excitement when you're on you way to your first drink, just stop. Your brain has become wired in such a way that alcohol will ultimately drag you down.

Get Phenibut, although be careful as it only affects GABA(A), well slightly on GABA(B)

I've never tried it by itself. It's kind of a bi-weekly thing that I added in because why the fuck not? I made to decision to fuck up my body the night before when I was sober. Is there a reason otc GABA doesn't work or could it just have been the stuff you were using?

Thanks dude I'll give it a try. (next week)

I've heard phenibut has bad withdrawals. I guess this is RUS al/ck/

It does. That's why I only use it twice a week and only 1.5g. I have done Xanax withdrawals, alcohol withdrawals, and Opana withdrawals each multiple times. I've researched this carefully. I took a risk taking anything addictive as I have low self control but I have no problem waiting a few days to take this. It helps me quite a bit. I take 1 day on then 2 days off.

i will check it out thx

it doesnt go to your brain by oral route. its first-pass metabolised before it gets there. google if you want more in depth explanation

reposting in here so I can get more input.

Very interesting stuff, fellas. Thanks, I'm going to look more into all of this stuff.

I've got a bottle of this in the cabinet calling out to me but I'm trying desperately not to drink.

I don't know as a matter of scientific fact, but it's probably genetic in some cases, dude. Cilantro tastes differently to some people. Asparagus doesn't make everybody's piss smell. It's a good thing you don't like a horrible, crippling drug. Maybe when you're 50 you'll still look 35 and we'll all have killed ourselves.

sounds like a real pickle. in the future i suggest only buying enough booze for one night. dont keep extra around.

That's some of the best vodka I've ever had. Not saying much, really. I drink the cheap shit. That shit is pretty good.

My parents are heavy drinkers and I, being the 27 year old manchild that I am, still live with them. I largely acquired the habit from them and they drink three days a week. There's always a ton of alcohol lying around. Many bottles of wine, lots of tall boys of beer, lots of 710 ml cans of beer, and several bottles of hard liquor. But yeah, it is my fault that the Zubrowka is with me since I did buy it myself, originally intending to drink it. I usually can't stomach much regular vodka anymore but the Zubrowka is extra smooth.

ah, a real pickle indeed!

I drank like a pint of vodka every day for about 4 years, age 18-22, I took about a 2 month break and went back to drinking heavily for 3 months. Usually like 14 beers 5 days a week.

I stopped that about 3 months ago and now i've only drank twice since time.

My liver (i think) still hurts, it's like in my right shoulder blade and kind of under my ribs. What's the problem?

Also if you have trouble quitting then just go to bed earlier, turn on a movie and sit there and try to fall asleep instead of drinking.

Oops reddit spaced, i'm not good at writing paragraphs. Anyways for you guys who quit drinking and had friends who still drink, how did you find new friends? All my friends only go to bars and that's my only place I got any social interaction. I don't go to school or have hobbies (other than vidya) where I can meet new people

I drinking your way through a cold a bad idea?

Stopping drinking after years of abuse isnt going to suddenly fix your liver. Fatty liver and cirrhosis (scarring of the liver) is permanent.

Yes, it will literally make you die.

grass flavored vodka???

i don't get it. seems gross

how do i learn to drink like a man

Best strong alcohol for social drinking?

"What's the best cigarette for coping with stress?"

Buy some IPAs. Tastes like body odor smells. Also bitter. Also high alcohol.

If you can get drunk on 12 IPAs in one sitting I would gladly eat a raw cow together with you.

I drink IPA's when I'm with my older brother. Though some I've had are fucking foul (the rooster on the cover one). What do you reccommend?

The bitterness is measured by IBU's (international bitterness units). Lower, the less bitter. Definitely go for lower IBUs. Some nutcases like IBUs up around 80-100. It's like getting gangbaged by nuclear powered Hops plants

Dogfish Head IPA is my favorite. Not very bitter. Just enough hops to make it an IPA without ruining the experience. They make several varieties, just ask the liquor store people which one is the least bitter.

IPAs are soy in a bottle
Low hop beers and Scotch, be a real man for Chist's sake

Protip: it's never going to be enough

Sneaky Pete, if you can find it

this. if you drank that damn much and you dont even feel drowsy, its time to switch to another drug for a while. let your tolerance go down.

I wasn't going to drink tonight but I caved
I was only 2 days sober damnit

harder on weekends. dont beat yourself up but dont start drinking at 1am sunday and go all day.

A.A. might very well not be helping you, that's a strong possibility. I was in it for a time, I think the fact that most AA guys don't admit is that it really doesn't help that many people.

If you honestly feel like it's not helping you, then don't bother with it, it's counterproductive.

Of course, as an addict, you have to determine whether it's not really helping you, or if you're just making excuses to go back to drinking.

Then, if you determine it isn't working, you now have to find something that does. So...get to it.

fatty liver is not permanent

Thanks for the honest advice. I have a lot of thinking to do on this. Most people irl would just tell me to stay because they are afraid I'll relapse again if I quit AA, and my relapses are very frightening.

yeah man I get so bored on the weekend but I don't have any hobbies or at least not any that I still keep up with

No. I'm totally fine with any alcoholic who is genuinly happy with it, and it isn't ruining their life.

The caveats with that are, for one everybody really enjoys it at first. For another, it doesn't last, if you pursue this long enough, it will make you fucking miserable and suicidal.

There's been a rare few people who have been at it for decades who at least claim they still love it, and it hasn't ruined their life. I question whether their being honest with themselves, but if they are, fuck it, good for them. If not, then they're not in the right state of mind to quit anyway...so still fuck it.

gotta make some time outside of the house/apartment. its nice to go for an hour or two walk on weekends. give it a try.

I've been sober for two years, only one of those I was in AA. I was worried about quitting too, but I got fed up with AA types and quit, haven't had any problems at all.

In fairness, I was never big into AA, and I don't even credit my recovery to it. It helped somewhat, but I got way more help from just regular therapy.

The key is, however you still need to be actively working on your recovery, AA or not.

Bros, is anything better than an ice cold, bone dry rosé? Give me your suggested vineyards, I like Wagner and Damiani the most but they're both NY and I want to branch out.

agreed. no matter what you do always keep your nose to the grindstone and keep working on your recovery.

You mean like staying spiritual and praying, meditating etc.

I dunno, if that's what helps you. I mean, ultimately the cure for you are going to have to figure out the cure to YOUR problem yourself, nobody else can really tell you.

Everybody's alcoholism is different. I never met another drunk who drank the same I did. All our brains are wired different, you have to figure out what you're cure is.

The biggest advice I can give anybody is seriously examine what your hopes and dreams are. Who do you want to be? What do you want to do? What's keeping you from doing that? I tend to think not having answers to these questions is what leads people into alcoholism in the first place.

Thanks a lot. That line of self questioning is what got me drinking in the first place.

Im drinking a 6 pack a day, will I make it to 50s?

Yea, but you will be fat and look like you're 65.

Give it a year or two and it'll be a twelve pack.

Thanks for posting new bread in the last one
Anyone here know a good mixer for spiced rum that isn't a dark soda?

Vodka

you could try replacing tequila and make a rum sunrise using orange juice and grenadine

Lukskowa, not sure of the spelling. Its between 20-25$ a handle. Pretty good, especially if chilled

seconding this. monoplowa is a distant 2nd

was posting in the old al/ck/ thread up until it died. woops. oh well went to the liquor store cause beer just wasn't cutting it, ended up with a handle. this should end well.

How long has everyone here gone without a shower or bathing while on a bender?

Two weeks here. I asked the question last thread and got some interesting replies

You're an amateur. When I quit meth I was drinking all day every day until passing out. Then I'd wake up and start drinking again. At that time, I went without showering for two or three weeks at a time. I only caved and showered when the ass itch would get really unbearable.

Just drink your piss. Alcohol is excreted in urine. Don't drink any water, though.

ok but only if i can put my piss through a brita filter first

I don't understand this. I drink a fifth a day and still take showers and do my laundry.

I think that what leads people to alcoholism... or at least what makes me want to drink, is the frustration of having those hopes and dreams hopelessly unfulfilled. Knowing that it's too late and all the doors have closed for me. Knowing that this is my life now. It's unbearable to think about. Remembering my younger self is horrible. Like watching a horror movie where you know exactly what's about to happen and you know exactly how it can be avoided, but the idiot characters do the opposite anyway because otherwise there would be no plot.

Well keep in mind that my situation in particular wasn't typical. I was coming off a stimulant drug that actually damages the part of your brain that is responsible for basic routines like maintaining your hygiene. That's why those "faces of meth" people from that old campaign were all fucked up looking with no teeth. It's not so much the drug itself that did it, it's that they would stay up for days eating nothing but junk food, chainsmoke, and not brush their teeth or shower.

Anyone play video games when drinking?
I'm really sick of all my PS4 games rn and want to shoot shit. What's the best fps out there rn?

Yeah, honestly I've never know any meth addicts or even seen meth in real life. This, coming from a Detroiter who's done every other drug under the sun. Shit just isn't real big, here.

next time just get 8.5% flavored beers like mikes harder lemonade. or a bottle of wine. never buy 40%.

Timesplitters 2

never have really drank wine, not sure how it would go
and just want to get black out and wake up tomorrow(or not)

listen man. im someone who has been where you are going. avoid spirits. try to get drunk on beer and if you cant, get a bottle of wine. but never get spirits. they lead to laying in bed for 3 days sweating, not sleeping, being totally anxious.

Got it for GC, but it's in storage

also get white wine, not red. white wine is much easier on the body.

I only wish I had three days to lie in bed. I swear I would vote for prohibition again given the chance.