Freegan experiencies

So, have any of you guys eat leftovers from some food court? I remember that one day i couldn't help myself but eat three perfect untouchable pieces of tendies, some fries and a large cup of sprite that some picky faggot left in his food court table. The tendies were perfect and the fries were fine and i removed the drinking straw from the cup, is that gross or just cheap ass kind behavior? i am kind of a poorfag afterall

I literally only ever see the homeless doing this shit.

>is that gross or just cheap ass kind behavior?
It's gross. If you're really too "poor" to afford your own tendies and coke, you would probably shoplift before going full crazy homeless person.

That being said, I used to dumpster dive for liquor bottles and stuff I could sell and sometimes I would find unopened food and unopened alcohol containers which I would drink.

Well it was three pieces of perfect untouchable tendies, how can someone resist?

>Eating tendies from a food court: Gross
>Dumpster dive for liquor that is in the middle of trash: Fine

Ok then

I was dumpster diving for liquor bottles to exchange them, not drink the remaining bits. It's just that sometimes people would have a party or something and they'd throw out a bunch of unopened beers or something because the guests didn't finish it. If the container is still sealed it's good.

What of the whole dumpster is sealed? Can you eat kitty litter and cum rags?

>user dive into a dumpster full of garbagge, piss and rotten food
>finds a sealed can of beer
>take a piece of dirty cloth and ''clean'' the leachate so he can consume the fine content of the can

Much better than the dirty faggot that grab some tendies.

Accidentally got a nice old man fired at work.

The vending machine people tossed everything into the trash from the weekend before one monday afternoon. Since the janitors had just changed the bag there was nothing in there but the sealed food packages. Me and a co-worker looked at each other and with a nod started to raid it.

The guy handling the process came back and saw the bag was mostly empty. He was fucking PISSED. He never confronted us directly but he really let the nice old man that ran the coffee kiosk have it. Since it was in his line of sight or something. Later the old man lost his job. As the old man explained to us the vending machine company saw this as stealing product and it was a huge deal in meetings. They have long since moved this particular trash to secure areas so it won't happen again.

Sounds like my job. I clean up after concerts and would bring home unopened beer bottles every night and sometimes find unopened shooters, pints and sometimes even handles.

This attitude annoys me so much.
"Taking what we throw away is theft!"

I'm not a poorfag but often consider eating reasonably untouched foods at foodcourts/cafes/restaurants. I fuckin hate wasted food. Also a fat cunt

This story makes no sense unless the man working the coffee kiosk was part of the company that ran the vending machine which sounds unlikely.

The old man had no responsibility to stop your actions. Only the vending machine guy should have been fired.

I dedicated a whole afternoon to running a huge ass radial search of all the local dumpsters around me after seeing all the youtube vids about people snagging big food hauls out of the garbage. Aldi's, Publix, Dollar General, WalMart, even the fucking mall's food court dumosters were locked or sealed behind little dumpster fortresses wherever I went. What gives? Where can I find these fabled treasure chests of dented cans of mackeral and day old five grain loaf? Any tips on some other potential goodie zones?

Most of the time I wouldn't eat anything that's been in front of someone eating because they been touching and breathing on it. But 1 time when I was working in a restaurant, some picky tards only ate 1 oyster Rockefeller and left the other 5 untouched. I destroyed those with the power of the sun.

Big businesses lock it all up now. You might have some luck with smaller, local stuff. I hear bakeries are pretty good bets, along with some restaurants. There are websites where people can share tips for their city, just try to find one.

Another good idea is dorm areas or apartments with a lot of students. I used to live in a college town and they'd throw out tons of good stuff (packaged food, but also furniture, clothing, bedding, etc.). Plus dorms and apartments have to leave their trash bins open so it's easy, just check it out after semesters end, especially for summer.

They were all for the same company: AVI Food Systems.

At the grocery store I worked at it was policy to slash the packaging open before putting it dumpster so all the food combines into a disgusting slurry.

You mean a slop of... NO! I will not do it. Fuck you internet!

I work at a sitdown restaurant and will grab a quick snack of untouched leftovers before bumping it in the trash. Really helps when it's busy.

Never went out of my way to, as i never really needed to, but one night me and my brother had to go to the store for something and the parking lot was fuckin full of shitheads coming and hoing and we didnt feel like spending all day trying to leave so we drove around the store to leave. As we got around the store (albertsons) we saw right outside the back door racks upon racks of bread loaves, cakes, pies, muffins, cupcakes, doughnuts, those little fried pies, and other pasteries... We slammed on the breaks and loaded up my brother's77 chrysler new yorker FULL of all that shit. Stores will take stuff like breads and other shit like baked goods and instead of throwing them ou when its close to the sell by date, they leave it out back for the homeless shelter to pick up. Many supermarkets will do this so if youre tight on funds and have no food, start checking behind supermarkets. You wont find meat, the fuckers destroy it by pouring bleach on it before tossing it in the dumpster/trash compactor. If you find some stuff like breads, just check it real good and then freeze it and it will stay good for a while longer

Publix and WinnDixie here donate it all to food pantries. If it doesn't sell by its date they get it. All the meats are flash-frozen.
My gf volunteers at one and got us signed up (either be poor or pretend to be poor. Niggers seem to get enrolled automatically for some reason). It's an endless supply of bison, lamb shanks, veal, ribeye, filet, etc... The poor nogs don't know what good meat is and just grab the chicken.

Dude at the common I used to live on would hit up Food Lion and CVS about a week before Halloween and pick up all the candy they throw away to make room for the Halloween themed stuff.

He'd come back with about two minivan loads of completely fine, still in the package candy for the cost of gas.

>common

Commune*

>the vending machine company saw this as stealing product and it was a huge deal in meetings.

>we're just going to put this still safe-to-eat and untouched food in the trash but don't you fucking dare think of taking it as we're about to dispose of it
That should be illegal to have that mindset.

This.

But that food would not have existed if not to be placed in the machine. People who cry about wasting food make me want to fuck myself in the ass. All those thousands of loafs of bread thrown away around the world were produced to be sold. No such thing as wasted food.

But but but think of all the starving africans! They could be eating that and making more starving africans!

I always make sure to rub down my food with my jizz paper towels when cleaning out my fridge.
Suck it, hippies.

Listen here that food was not wasted and the logistics of transporting that food to africa would use more resources than it would take to bake ten times the amount of the previously disclosed bread. End of story, guy.

My point was, the food itself is still edible. Why throw it out when it can feed someone?

The energy and resources it would take to find these people and deliver the food would negate any positive. And employees taking the food only encourages them to steal by claiming it "went bad". Maybe in a fantasy land people wouldn't starve, but that has nothing to do with industrial food disposal. That I can tell you.

I dumpster dive but not for food. I got a fish tank and a tv from it. The fish tank had a minor crack in a side pane so it wasn't a bad fix and the tv needed a new transistor. I'd never dive for food though.

Yeah but once it passes the time alotted to be sold, andis thrown away, it is wasted. It doesn't matter if it isn't fulfilling it's abstract purpose. It's an actual tangible resource going in the actual garbage. As far as I'm concerned, once a business disposes of something, it's no longer their property. I would go out of my wayto physically assault anyone who tried to stop me from dumpster diving, or even just someone with your mindset if there was noone else around.

People take things out of dumpsters and try to return them for cash. People eat bad food out of a dumpster and sue when they get sick. Dumpster divers who do these things should be liquefied and used to lubricate the gears of industry. The bottom line is once the food is in the store and goes bad, it is too inefficient to give to "starving" people. Also it only encourages their poor behavior.

lol, capitalism, lol.