Whats the proper way to eat sushi?

whats the proper way to eat sushi?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GAJeUONc3b0
sushi-jiro.jp/dining-at-jiro/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That wirr be 300 dorrah sir

You dip the fish in the soy sauce, not the rice.

>put sushi in hole leading to digestive tract
>absorb nutrients from sushi to sustain basic biological functions

with a knife and fork, just because the retarded Ching Chongs didn't have the brains to create a utensil that every other culture in the world did you are not obligated to eat using wood sticks.

I've heard that it's finger food but they make rolls with sauces drizzled on them and the nori wrapper hidden on the inside of the rice so I don't know what to believe any more

>they make rolls with sauces drizzled on them and the nori wrapper hidden on the inside of the rice
That only happens at shitty westernized sushi places.

this is how these goobers in poverty states think. How many asians are there using chopsticks? It's you assholes using prongy sticky things that are an embarrassing outlier.

Learn both and maybe people won't feel so sorry for you all the time.

i eat sushi with my fingers
only the fish goes into the soy sauce
each piece should be eaten whole in one bite
ginger is for eating between different fish
those are meme rolls.
eat what you like,
but that shit makes me cringe tbph
the worst i've seen is a roll covered in those dry onion bits and then smothered in mayonnaise

*Charges you $300 for a piece of fish in vinegar*

Heh, nothing personal

first, you have to cook it.

say that again, i dare you

you get like 20 pieces of sushi for that money
there's six guys in the back doing all the prep
and he buys only the finest premium ingredients
yes, it's still very expensive, but this meme is really dumb
there's conventional restaurants which charge ten times that amount for even less

Don't talk to these high schoolers. They're just autistic shut ins repeating memes like they're robots.

Don't address these failed creatures. Their lives are already over.

(you)

no u rspacer

>it is that roastie from reddit again
didn't we tell you to go back?

little too close to home, huh? you'll get over it.

raw fish on rice = high class cooking

I didn't know about the wasabi thing

With a fork. Make sure you pour soy sauce on it first.

youtube.com/watch?v=GAJeUONc3b0

doesn't matter, the japs couldn't care less how some filthy gaijin eats

By cooking it first

Do you turn it upside down? Won’t the fish fall off the rice?

>taking memes seriously
I bet you think people are actually in love with McChickens and are eating ten of them a day.

Only if you're in Australia

Not if you hold it correctly. And the fish is pressed lightly enough into the rice by the sushi chef that it won't fall off that easily.

Deep fry it. You'll hear the collective REEEEEEEEE!!! of the internet from your house.

i can get that amount of sushi for 20-30 bucks and i bet it taste just as fucking good

Only expensive sushi should be eaten with the hands.

Use your fingers. Don't use soy sauce. Have a ginger strip between different types of rolls.

I've been a sushi chef for 7 years and I've seen some crazy ways people think sushi should be eaten.
had one guy take the fish off his nigiri pieces and eat all the rice frist. "this is how they do it in japan".
I need a "no weeaboo sign"

>LITERAL soysauce
holy kek, you can't make this shit up! meme magic is real

This girl walks into your restaurant 40 mins late to the booking, slaps your gf's ass and demands that the fish be cooked. What do you do?

spoilers: plenty of jappos do the wasabi soup thing as well.

Maybe Japanese Americans. Not in Japan. No way.

Jiro dreams of you being found dead impaled on your 14" horse dildo.

hahaha it's just fucking raw fish and rice

well, there's only one way to know
he must be able to demand that price for a reason, otherwise people wouldn't keep coming back for decades

Eat something good instead.

Right? I’m only up to five a day

>mfw I hand the tip directly over the bar to the chefs every time
You're fucking welcome

This.

Recently, sushi has become a wonderful dish. But originally it was fast food.
Therefore, it is correct to eat in freestyle in the way of fast food.

1. Look for a shop with a clean but sort of rustic feel, nothing with a conveyor belt, and make sure the chef looks like he has a massive back tat.

2. Request the most expensive omakase set. Do not ask the chef about his past. Do not talk to anyone who is not seated with you, especially Kanayama. You don't want to get on Kanayama's bad side. Definitely don't mention comfort women around him.

3. Use your fingers to firmly grip the sushi, keeping the rice and fish together but not crushing either. Don't use chopsticks because you will embarrass yourself.

4. Hold the sushi at a 45 degree angle, letting the fish hang forward and down. Lightly dip the edge of the fish, careful to keep soy sauce off of the rice, then eat it in one bite.

5. Consume no more than 16 pieces of sushi you fat fucking gaijin.

6. Eat the egg last. Wash down your sushi with good quality sake. Beer and highballs will come later.

7. Pay appropriately, do not tip, and don't look anyone in the eye.

8. Spend the next five hours at expensive whiskey bars and host clubs getting semi-sexual attention from paid women while imbibing 200 dollar bottles of 15 dollar drinks and chain-smoking. Get a nightcap at a soapland, where an actual prostitute will attempt to get your alcohol-flaccid dick erect, call it a night, and then take the last train home to your thankless family where you sleep in a separate room from your wife who hasn't slept with you in ten years. Wake up 5 hours later to catch the first train to your hopeless, semi-charmed life with no future and no goals, praying every day that you'll find the courage to skip over the thin golden barrier between you and the Yamanote line, express train to an eternity of rest devoid of shit threads about meme weeaboo foods.

That is not wrong.
But then, I am tired before eating sushi.
I am eating sushi more freely.

I know I'm supposed to dip the fish not the rice but its too much of a pain in the ass to flip the sushi without separating it.

A high quality sushi place will brush the soy sauce over the fist and at a mid-tier/low tier place, there really isn't any difference in taste when the rice is dipped if you eat it all together in one bite.

with your hands

*charges 300 bottlecaps for a piece of fish*

take it or leave it, smoothskin.

first you pour some salt on it, then you use your fork to soak it in the sauce before eating it

Even living in Japan, I've literally never seen this.

I mix wasabi in with the soy sauce

come at me

Particularly cultured Japanese do it, but even then its kind of rare

>had one guy take the fish off his nigiri pieces and eat all the rice frist. "this is how they do it in japan".
How can one man be this retarded?

Pan seared.

Gomennasai Takada-San
But I'm still eating mine with a spork at aconveyor belt place in some tourist trap spot in Tokyo

they put the nori inside for Americans because they don't like seaweed apparently

How ever the fuck you want!

If someone has a problem tell them to go fuck themselves.

Authentic sushi is supposed to have wasabi in it anyways. If it isn't some legit sushi pkace then just eat it in the most convinient way to you. Don't go dressed in a kimono eating sushi the right way at PF Chang's for fuck's sake.

t. American who doesn't understand what it's like to have actual culture beyond McDonalds

MMMM I LOVE SUSHI

Lol, -slow clap-

I love Japan, period.

This is a roastie board so there'll always be another even when you chase the last one off

>that thick as fuck uneven fatty cut

G A R B O

Do you care how Japanese eat hamburgers? Do you feel as if someone has driven a knife into the cultural heart of America if they have different tastes than you do? Japanese people don't give a shit. Eat it any way you care to.

>Veeky Forums is a woman's board
when will this meme die?

not him but i made a thread the other day about women vs men cooking and it was deleted within 15 minutes

Hi daddy :)))) xx

i offer to suck her feminine dick

I found the weeb, lets all point at him and laugh

all that proves is that you made a retarded shitposting thread that got deleted as it should have

.t roastie

>Japanese people don't give a shit
if you eat at a proper sushi bar, they actually do care.
in fact, some places will kick you out because eating sushi the wrong way can be shown as being disrespectful to the sushi chef.

Someone should remind those eyelid less mother fuckers who won the war! USA USA USA!

>implying this guy eats sushi

Even posting this ironically is pathetic

With your mouth?

sushi-jiro.jp/dining-at-jiro/

>10. Don't separate the sushi topping
>Pulling off the topping is the greatest insult to the sushi chef.
>11. Don't break sushi into two
>A piece of sushi fits into your mouth. Its size is roughly 6 centimeters long.

What if I wanted to mix the soysauce and wasabi into a soup, specifically to drink it?

>paying for your sushi

Hey dipshits. Those "westernized" rolls were invented by a Japanese chef sick of the old stuff and wanting to bring a different vibe to sushi like with what you find at food vendors in japan

>tfw don't give a fuck and will straight up pick it up with my hands and eat the whole thing in one bite

I dare those zipperheads to say something.

That's how it's meant to be eaten, though.

>finger
What the fuck? Well I'm going to start using a fork now. I don't follow any fucking rules, man.

Why are the Japanese too lazy to cook their food?

radiation poisoning

What if there is a small topping on the fish, like flying fish roe or something that would just fall off into the soy sauce?

Ya sushi was actually originally poor people food and ya, they ate it with their hands. Although I get annoyed by people eating sushi with a fork, you know what the best way to eat any food? The way you like it, so do yo thang my brutha.

How is the wasabi utilized if it wasn't pre-applied by the chef? Do you put it right on the topping before dip?

mix it into your soy sauce

This seems inadvisable.

What happens next? It looks tense. I got interested in this.

It's raw fish and rice you weeb faggots

You goofy jags need to try Tuna Nigiri.

Try that, with a good soy and wasabi. Then you can either hate sushi, or go on your shitfit as usual.

Ginger at the end.

It's not the 90s anymore. Stop thinking the fish on sushi is always raw. That's not the definition of sushi.