Weekly Baking General

Ctrl alt S[earch] "baking". No posts.

Y'all motherfuckers are slacking.

Eat shit, crumb fags. My bread is delicious.

Just made this sandwich loaf. It tastes really good and the texture is just about perfect imo, but the top got all wrinkly as it was cooking down. It only affects the aesthetics though. Any ideas why this would happen?

FWSY overnight white.
How'd I do Veeky Forums?

Baked these up yesterday. Ignore the bag, display purpose only.

C O Z Y

Gemütlicher AF, indeed.

Bump

Just fed my starters, I'll probably mix up some dough tomorrow evening. Debating doing a loaf or making some focaccia.

recipe

user........giv recipe pls

made this loaf a while back before i started baking with sourdough:

500g bread flour
390g water
11g sea salt
.5g yeast

Mix flour and water, let sit for 20-30 minutes.

Sprinkle on salt and yeast and incorporate using the pincher method. You’re supposed to fold the dough a few times before allowing it to rest for the bulk fermentation, but I was tipsy and tired so I only folded it once after 20 minutes before covering it and letting it rise.

Let rise for 12-14 hours until slightly more than doubled.

Generously flour a banneton basket (or lightly grease a large bowl).

Gently scrape dough onto a well-floured surface. Stretch dough and fold over in quarters until a semi-tight ball forms. Place in banneton/bowl, seam-side down.

Let rise an additional 1-1.5 hours until doubled — but after the first 30 minutes of this final proofing, place a dutch oven w/lid in oven and preheat to 450F.

CAREFULLY flip dough out of banneton/bowl and place dough into preheated dutch oven. The side of the dough that was against the bowl/banneton should now be on top. Score dough, if desired, and cover.

Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on, then remove lid and bake for an additional 15-25 minutes, depending on how dark you like it. I baked this one for 15 minutes with the lid off.

Are cookies allowed in the bakimg general? I tried mixing different cookies together. Didn't work too well, oh well.

The dick one is special made for my drag queen flatmate.

All measurements in grams:
250 strong bread flour
150 starter
150 dechlorinated (preferred) water
10 olive oil
7 kosher salt
5 sugar
5 vital wheat gluten

Mix all ingredients in the morning. Let bulk ferment throughout the day, folding at your leasure. At night do your final shaping. Generously flour a banneton and let proof over night. In the morning, preheat an oven to 500° F. Turn the dough out of the banneton on to a semolina dusted peel. Peel the bread on to hot oven stones. After 5 minutes turn the oven down to 325. Bake for a total of 25 minutes, or until crusty perfection is achieved.

Y'all nuggas jealous of this here vegan sandwich on sourdough. Lightly vinaigrette dressed shredded lettuce. A finely diced, lightly salted, tomato and yellow bellpepper relish. Vegan mayo, and a Gardein™ Turkey Cutlet™.

Healthy and delicious. Meat heads BTFO.

looks horrible, but at least you tried

If your starter doesn't look like this, get the fuck out this thread.

> 361g bread flour
>113g skim milk
>120g warm water
>57g melted butter
>25g sugar
>1.25 t salt
>1 packet yeast.

>mix until a dough forms
>knead with stand mixer for 6 minutes
>let rise for 2 hours
>shape and put in loaf pan
>let rise another hour then bake at 350F for 32 min

I'm going to make some gluten free bread tonight. Maybe I'll post later.

>gluten free
Sounds faggy, but I'm always into OC so I'll be watching.

yeah, it's for my fiance. She is allergic to wheat. Pray that our kids get my genes. They'll be autistic, but at least they can eat bread.

This is my favorite Veeky Forums post of the day. Optimistic, truthful, absurd... Just perfect.

I hope your kids are stillborn so they don't have to suffer. Good luck.

>using anything other than whole grains
Might as well use high fructose corn syrup

>tfw people give you shittons of compliments on your bars/cookies
>the only secret is to brown all the butter you use in an otherwise standard recipe, and use a brown butter glaze
>yes even the butter you grease the pan with

Browned butter is fucking magical and takes zero effort.

So could you just use ghee instead and save trouble of browning butter?

I'm not sure. Ghee has the milk solids taken out, right? It might make a difference. Something to try, though.

HOW DO I INTO LAMINATED DOUGH
my croissants were leaky as fuck, they were basically pan fried in the oven because all the butter leaked out.

Either you didnt fold enough, or tou folded whenit was too warm

Gotta keep it in the fridge between "batches" of a few folds. The minute your butter loses its texture you're fucked and you can't turn it around.

Looking forward to pics desu

Is there a certain tactic to getting more volume out of my loaf? The quality and tastes of my bread turn out great, but everything I've made so far is extremely close textured and has a weak crust. I like bubbles and obnoxious crunch.

I know about steam and spritzing but it doesn't quite do the trick. It's soft a few hours after cooling.

What's your steaming method?