Soup

Is soup a meal?

yes

If Seinfeld wasn't able to resolve that question what makes you think Veeky Forums will?

That all depends on what kind of soup. If it reaches into stew territory then i would consider.

i'd consider portion size before type of soup. a big enough bowl of chicken noodle would qualify as a meal to me

If it's a side soup? No. If it's a hearty soup, fuck yeah it is.

depends on how thick/hearty the soup is, what one serves it with, and how much one has. I'm making some sort of thin chicken soup right now, but since I'm going to have a large bowl of it with some rice, I'd say that qualifies as a full meal

Yes that's true but you also have to consider a consomme lacking in anything as filling as something in a meal.

Is french onion soup a meal?

>a decent quantity of hearty soup with lots of cheese and bread
definitely a full meal

yes. it's called stew though

if there is chunks of meat in it

Depends if you crumbled crackers in it

Yes, even vegetarian soups, but only on the condition that they come with bread for dipping, or a salad for additional calories, vitamins, and minerals. Soup and a half-sandwich is automatically a meal.

Depends on how much you eat.

Only if a full serving of bread is included, and ideally some cheese or fruit.

This isn't how you do a Seinfeld Veeky Forums thread. You're supposed to greentext the plot as if it happened to you.

If you're prepping for anal it is

>yes as long as it has something that is not soup included

wow great opinion

It can be.

Soup isn't a meal. Unless you bastardize it into a stew, and stew is a different thing. We are not talking stew or having soup and a sandwich or adding fuck loads of crackers. Soup by itself isn't a meal. If you are eating a large amount it's not normal and it does not count as a meal. Soup can only ever be part of a meal, it might be considered a snack at best.

dont tell me how much soup is normal, asshole

Are two soups and a sandwich worth an Armani jacket?

i wasn;t trying to do a Seinfeld Veeky Forums thread. i'm legitimately interested

I've had like lentil soups that definitely qualify as a meal, but you're almost into like Indian chili territory at that point.

There are plenty of very hearty vegetarian soups. They usually have legumes and potatoes or another starch in them, and they're generally a lot more nutritious than the average chicken noodle with extra carrots that some people call "stews."

If more than a bowl of soup is consumed in a setting it's too much. A bowl is not the same size as a pot, in case it crossed your mind. If you don't know what a normal serving is then you should pay attention to food labels and try not being fat.

Minestrone is a good one for that, since you can add pasta for starch and adapt it to seasonal vegetables.