What is the absolute worst book you unironically enjoyed?

What is the absolute worst book you unironically enjoyed?

No need to lie or mock each other, we're all friends here, and anonymous.

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/culture/features/stephen-king-the-rolling-stone-interview-20141031
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Either a Robert Jordan book or The Alchemist (one of those rare, I read it in a day, types)

My Immortal.

Your least favorite book.

The Belgariad by David Eddings

The fault in our stars. I'm not joking either. I read a German translation which made doesn't have the redditesque dialogue, so this makes it slightly better. Still, I enjoyed the drunk dutch author (something along the line of mixing concrete scotch with abstract soda because it's still in the morning) and that one guy who became blind. The main characters seemed bland most of the time but the male (Augustus..?) nearly dying and shitting himself in a parking lot was unironically touching. Overall I enjoyed it.

hmm. probably some animorph shit.

Or Timeline by Michael Crichton.

Alchemist seems really basic. The immense love confuses me.

Some cormacmcarthy shit probably.

HOW DARE YOU THOSE BOOKS ARE GOLDEN

The second TLOTIAT book; the Miami one.
Fucking garbage, but I had a really fun time with it. Can't seem to finish Kolsti's Adventures in the Everglades though. I think the meme-want wore off.

It's smut and I like it

How dare you, Eddings straddles the gap between so bad it's good and just plain bad perfectly.

Looking for Alaska.

Holes when I was a young lad - would probably hate it now.

This is pretty good

Yeah I remember reading it when I was sixteen and I thought it was okay. Was surprised to discover that people hated it.

Holes is a masterpiece. It won the fucking Newbery.

>Still, I enjoyed the drunk dutch author
There it is, the only praise anyone can say about TFIOS.

I enjoyed Elfen Lied in middle school, but that's not a book. So probably Tommyknockers. Not only is it Stephen King, it's not even one of King's better books.

Loved the first one, but upon introspection, is garbage.

The second one really cements the legacy for Patrick as an author, which is not good to say the least.

>holes
Shit taste detected

The halo books

Eragon
I was younger when I read the first book, and I kinda like the world and idea of the book
and I like dragons

that exists?
what has this to do with the "Gamer Girl" part?

I read the first book of Gaskun’s “4000 page mega space opera”. It actually had some heart in it.

t. gaskun

It was less awful than I thought it would be

Probably The Dragonheart Saga by Jak Koke

The first 3 Gears of War Books.
I haven't read them in years and don't plan on it.

>I mean, The Tommyknockers is an awful book. That was the last one I wrote before I cleaned up my act. And I've thought about it a lot lately and said to myself, "There's really a good book in here, underneath all the sort of spurious energy that cocaine provides, and I ought to go back." The book is about 700 pages long, and I'm thinking, "There's probably a good 350-page novel in there."

- Stephen King in a Rolling Stone interview.
rollingstone.com/culture/features/stephen-king-the-rolling-stone-interview-20141031

>Eragon

you scooped me

tfw no 120 y/old elf gf

but yeah i remember even when i was 12 wincing at the book's aesthetic blemishes, like when eragon randomly becomes a bardic poet and after his first reading everyone is like "wow ur so good at this u have another job lined up for u if this whole dragon thing doesnt work out" dumb ass pointless wish fulfillment bullshit which even at 12 was hard to stomach

Its a combination of the two most abused and pulpy genres.

However I liked world building and the natural inversion of one of the oldest tropes in romance stories.

Plus it had some nice lewd parts