META

META

** Current state of Veeky Forums **
Allowed meta thread 01/01

Here we discuss what we can do to improve Veeky Forums
I don't know which ones are worse, the /r9k/ posters or the /pol/ posters. Please stop replying to this threads that do NOT belong here.

/r9k/ can be contained, /pol/ is a tumor that's reached the point where it's spread to all the other organs in the body. This is the only way it could have ever ended, it was unavoidable.

Can we just delete all peterson threads

It's not just that invariably they're started by /pol/ or they're just to bait replies, I never see any meaningful discussion come from them and it's clearly just a fad like all the King threads (due to the movie)

DELETE THIS THREAD

This
From now on, people who say "my diary desu" or just desu shall be banned.
Also anyone who creates threads with unrelated photos of women in underpants or naked shall be banned.

delete all pol threads
delete all phil threads. when pol stops treating this as his 2.0 then we can phase phil threads back in, but until then, phil threads are literally the gateway thread for pol to come and talk about shit unrelated to literature

these threads are so pointless, a new one pops up every time the old one 404's and nothing ever comes of it. Veeky Forums has little moderation so just report posts that violate global rule 3 and the jannys will do their jobs. ignore obvious /pol/ baits and boom, problem solved

whats wrong with saying t b h? only new fags like you don't know what desu is

Sorry, I don't make the rules.

kys newfag desu

Keep trying. See how fast you get banned.

desu

これはなんですか

I can't believe the misogyny threads. How is this not a banable offense?

this

+ phil threads make me fill stupid

Because telling the truth is not a crime, yet.

People really just need to stop taking the bait. I mean, when you see the culture of critique poster, just ignore them. When you see the red pill, of the jews, or any other dumb /pol/ caricature topic, just ignore it.
You may hate them, but you're their enablers.

Even if you believe such backwards things just keep it to yourself.

Phil threads have helped me to read more difficult material and understand the study, plus they count as literature. Though I do agree they attract an undesirable /pol/ presence.

They unify this board. They also remind me that I'm not the only person who dislikes pointless Peterson threads and misguided misogyny.

This is true. It hurts to ignore a troll and then see it fed by one of my comrades.

I think a higher thread output of literature related topics, even with less average replies, would help to send bait threads down into page 2 obscurity. If you want to talk about a book, throw it out there, don't feel stupid, it's what this board is here for. Authors and works will inevitably be rehashed but we can help newcomers to adjust and inform them where possible.

It's the culture desu and how could you blame them. There's about one good female author ever and that's O'Connor.

i was actually banned for making one of those 'they just can't help being inferior to us white men!' posts. shame too i used to love those shitposts, now it's mostly unironic misogyny

Oh and Sappho I guess but that is translation

Peterson and misogyny don't belong on lit. There are other boards for that.

Real pol would agree. They'd build a wall to prevent meme-mixing if they could. They hate meme-mixing. They want every board to remain pure.

The problem is troll pol. And make no mistake about it, if real pol had the power the fist thing they would do is purge troll pol. But it's a free web. A web without walls. It's democracy.

>real /pol
>troll /pol
What a load of absolute horseshit. There are only 14 year old fucks and middle age fucks with the minds of 14 year olds. Either way, literally ALL they want is attention by any means necessary. /pol is fucking cancer.

Desu

No, as in "everyone wanting to discuss politics is /pol" because THAT IS THE POINT OF THAT BOARD you fucking retard.

I feel like half the problem with current Veeky Forums isn't a problem with Veeky Forums at all, but with Veeky Forums. Our threads about right-wing philosophers, for example, are usually started by /pol/ shitters but frequently turn out pretty well. Why are they started here? Because Veeky Forums is a mess. Veeky Forums is a failed board like /aco/. It's accomplished nothing it set out to do; all the serious discussion on the subjects it was meant to take from Veeky Forums have migrated back to Veeky Forums, largely because of shitposting on Veeky Forums. Veeky Forums either needs to be fixed or deleted, I think that would help Veeky Forums out a lot.

Honestly tho! As someone who started on /pol/ then navigated my way to /x/ and then Veeky Forums I must say you guys are a bunch of censorship--if you had the power--pussies. JUST DONT REPLY TO OBVIOUS B8 and the problem solves itself. Not even /x/ is this sensitive

>in b4 someone says Im an idiot, tin foil hatter who hasnt read any great lit.

Wonder if there is a correlation between that "sensitivity" to unrelated fuckwittery and the fact that this is by far the best board remaining on Veeky Forums. Not wanting to put up with nonsense is not sensitivity, I will not be tread on etc. fuck off dickshit.

Thats what I think, if there are different boards dedicated to different subjects, each subject should be restrained to the board they belong.

probably because discussion about right wing literature doesn't devolve into spam about cultural marxism and jewish conspiracy unless that's the designated topic

It is pretty good, that is why Im here, but people calling for mods is a real bitch move! JUST DONT REPLY TO B8

>tho!
>As someone who started on /pol/
>navigated my way to /x/
>you guys are a bunch of censorship
>to sensitive
You are the problem

I'll have you know that I scored as quite left-wing on one of those political thingamajigs. I'm going to use all my """progressive""" points to be misogynistic with impunity. The truth will set me free. My ancestors fought and died so that I could be a misogynist and if you don't like it then you can just get out.

Because I wrote tho? Sounds like pedant snobbery at its finest

So you would rather have a shit board with lax mods than a good one with strong mods?

Strong mods=good board? Sounds like some Trump jargon to me, or some peace through strength. JUST DONT REPLY TO B8

wtf I hate books now

>Sounds like pedant snobbery at its finest
You mean Veeky Forums? I bet you haven't even read the Bible and "don't get" poetry.

decent moderation is necessary for the board if you don't want it to turn into /tv/. I don't mind visiting /tv/ for the shitposts but i'm not particularly interested in seeing Veeky Forums barraged with posts saying 'any good books on mass shootings' every time there is a major political event

Everything you've posted in this thread has been fucking stupid. Keep the trip so I won't have to bother reading any of the garbage you might write on my board

You're just contributing to my larger point. Veeky Forums all too frequently devolves into /pol/ shitposting when it tries to discuss philosophy, precisely because most of its threads are bait threads. That's why serious philosophical discussion migrated back here. I don't have a problem with this, but if one of the goals of Veeky Forums was to get philosophy off of Veeky Forums, it's failed and Jap Moot needs to look at why it failed.

Love poetry. Dickinson, Emerson, and Kipling are my favorites and I was born and raised Catholic, so while I havent read many books, I have read parts of Job, James, the Gospels and Genesis. BTFO!!!!! Im just not a fuckin pedant. Ideas over grammar, though grammar is important, just not the end all be all you dumb dumb. Now my turn, I bet you are the kind of person who would trash an essay because someone used the wrong there/their/they're. Be honest

Lol, if Im being honest the trip was an accident, leftover from a thread. What has been idiotic?

>Dickinson, Emerson, and Kipling are my favorites
Lmao you made it worse
>so while I havent read many books
Yeah I can tell, you communicate like a fool

Many books in the bible. The reading comprehension is not very strong in this one. And you didnt answer my question

>hasn't read the entirety of the single most foundational work of western literature
>is proud of it
you are the problem

you sound like you're 17

Lol, wtf? How can I sound if I am mot talking, dumbass? Are you listening to me typing?

oh you're one of those ebin trolls. you're sure got them good.
have an upboat

someone post this to r/Veeky Forums!!!

Excuse me, shiiiiit. For the record though, let it show that you were wrong, and still have not answered my question. I think we all know who the pleb here is

Owned. EPIC FOR THE WIN

Lol, nice impersonation. *tips top hat

the report button doesn't actually do anything you reddit fools.

It does. Report trash threads, folks.

like this one

Shiiiiiit?
Is there anything more pleb than that?
You are a waste of time,buddy

The current state of Veeky Forums

BTFO M8!!!

no it doesn't newfag. also even if it did there is very lassez fair moderation on this board. thats why the thread about communism and vidya games is at 290 replies right now. I bet you can't find one mention of a book in the whole damn thread.

every board is essentially /b/ with a light theme. and thats how it's supposed to be. you fags dreaming of patrician literary discussion are cock gobblers who will never have any real friends to talk about books with

Sequential trips
Guys GUYS this is now an EBIN thread
xd u guise pls screencap me into the screencap end posting this to reddit/r/upboat
Yahooo Calooy

>every board is essentially /b/ with a light theme. and thats how it's supposed to be.
Would ban for opinion

Absolutely abhorrent post

did a i touch a nerve you /r9k/ autist fag? why don't you just fuck off to which you probably didn't even know existed and whine about it there?

Go to any other board then

make me, cuck

So what? Congrats for knowimg about every board, but have you read Infinite Jest?
No?ohhhh that actually takes time and dedication that a poltard doesnt have
Im sorry for you

Ok. Just a matter of till you get banned. Enjoy while you can

yeah I have read it. It's hot garbage.

lmao. keep holding your breath. I don't know what I will do if I get banned! that would surely be the end for me!

When you cant comprehend something just call it garbage.>>>thats criticsm for you folks. The fact that you dislike this book just shows how young and foolish you are. This is lits top 5 or 10 all the time.

Bitch-maid for taking obvious b8. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

>300 posts
>20 posters
a very vocal and very reddit minority seem to be upset about /pol/

I see more threads bitching about them than I see racist posts. I think some people are just very sensitive. and there is already a literature forum for people like that. it's called r/books

>I don't know which ones are worse, the /r9k/ posters or the /pol/ posters. Please stop replying to this threads that do NOT belong here.

I'd venture to say /pol/ posters. While they're pretty much equally hateful and pathetic, the /r9k/ posters direct this slightly more inwards than outwards, and there is a certain glimmer of crippled virtue in that.

How was I "bitch-maid"?

It seems the other way around actually, the guy displayed terrible knowledge on ajything Veeky Forums related while I successfully defended a more restrict quality over freedom position.

Thank you. Thats what Im saying. Off to Reddit you pansies

True, the guy is a dumb-dumb--at least acting as such, but you are a dumber dumb-dumb for responding

How was I "bitch-maid"?

It seems the other way arund actually, I successfully defended Veeky Forums while the other displayed no knowledge of anyting related to the board.
Again, I am for quality over quantity, we don't need total freedom, people who come for violence "womyn sucks" are better banned and thats all

Im cleaning up the board

>I-I-I hope the mods b-ban people who say things I don't like
>they didn't? time to make 5 meta threads bitching about it
lmao you're so impotent and angry. it's pathetic.

Hey OP. Newfag here. Been enjoying this particular board the last couple months and really appreciate this specific thread. I didn't even realize there was anything like this on Veeky Forums for the longest time. This thread helped me clue into a bit of the dynamics from before my time.

I really wish there was a /phil/

philosophy and literature have always seemed quite distinct to me, like prose versus logic, constructing narration versus constructing argumentation. I feel like a lot of people consider "literature" to be basically akin to anything written down and substantially preserved or distributed in some way, but I prefer to limit my conception of "literature" only to efforts at maximally elegant long form language inscription, whereas "philosophy" is any means by which one actively appreciates and propagates wisdom, and that may or may not involve linguistic articulations, inscriptions, etc

if there is like eight different boards for various stylistic variants of booby drawings, you think we could have one for literature and another for philosophy, one for politics and another for history etc

Hahahahahha. Just wait, buddy. Im enjoying destroying you

Very relevant point. I agree there should be two different boards, phi and lit.

>hi guys I'm fresh off the boat from reddit
>I think this website is ok but it should be more like reddit with a specific board for every single niche thing I personally want
kys

I just made anoth /pol/ bait thread. come find me there ;^)

Metathreads are stupid beyond belief
You can't organize Veeky Forums. You can't individually change Veeky Forums. You can't censor Veeky Forums.
If the actual state of a certain board displeases you then tough shit.
Veeky Forums for example. As long as it is literature/philosophy related it is allowed with all the implications that brings.
I firmly believe a board specific for philosophy should be created so that way ideological debates disguised as literature would be eradicated and threads about actual literature would be more prominent. And I mean philosophy not only as in ideas but books too. Anything like Phenomenology of the Spirit, The ego and its own or Marx at all should be banned from lit.
Besides that all of the people complaining about "the state of the board muh pol muh r9k" are fucking retarded and should get a hint. You are on an anonymous deathcamp stickers trading board. All opinions are equally respected and important even if some of them which you can't even truly argue are sincere or ironic derail threads into shitposting because shitposting is one of the prices we pay for complete freedom of speech.
If you want tp talk about Moby Dick then make a thread about it and if no one replies then make another one in a few days.

TL;DR : Create a fucking board for philosophy and stop complaining about spooks

they're too interlinked and the board is slow enough as it is. it's not like there are hundreds of seperate threads a day that would warrant seperation

Send the link, fag

no I will wait for you there and hope you find it while you're on patrol, defending the catalog from non pc shitposters like myself.

Heroic quads. Beowulf would be proud. Good luck user

Thanks.
It means that the board will be cleaned!

THANK YOU! Some of Veeky Forums wavers on reddit-tier
LEL

What do mean by cleansed?

We'll get rid of the jews and leftists that permeate this board.

/ourguy/ I was hoping those quads didnt land in the wrong pussies hands. Can you believe these fuckers?

Please... I can shapeshift into an alt righter for 1000 years and then jump out at the last minute to make sure your great great great great great great granddaughter gets blacked3000.com. You can't win this shit, bucko.

This board has been shit for at least three years now. Stronger moderation would help mitigate some of what makes it terrible. Just saying don't reply is not a realistic option because of the demographic changes that have happened to this board since the popularity of pol skyrocketed. If the options are between telling people not to reply, which many still will to bait threads and bait comments in threads which have become more and more common as time has gone on, or to have stronger moderation where some bait threads can be removed, then you are choosing between garbage and slightly less garbage that someone is at least attempting to approve.
Also I never said strong mods=good board. I wasn't making some blanket statement. But in this case you are choosing between a shit board with little moderation or a less shit one with more moderation.

I have literally never been on reddit for more than thirty seconds when happening to follow a link. Checked it out briefly once, and thought it seemed convoluted for being overly specialized, not active in seemingly any of the topics I was interested in, and so I left, like literally inside of a minute. Thought maybe I'd be back, never found a reason.

I like this website because its less organized, but still organized enough to find navigate sufficiently to find my niche interest: books, but then when I do get there, its random/destructured enough for there to be space for an actual, organically developing discourse.

My first experience with Veeky Forums (or some similar chan site) was actually in like 2003/2004, when I started watching specific males in my social circles becoming /b/tards, and I definitely shyed away from it after that. (never spent much time on a computer until finishing school in 2011) Then during the last American election I started scoping pol to see what all the fuss was about. Then I found I might actually enjoy myself on his, and only then realized there was a lit, and now I check this daily when I get home from my wagecuck job scraping plates and listening to audiobooks through the shift while I'm cuddled up with my kat drinking tea before I hit my nightly novel and its really honestly just improved my qol by like a good twenty percent