Study English

>Study English
>free as in freedom, free as in gratis, (and et cetera)

>Study french
>Les mots polysemiques
>Les homophones

>start studying German

>latin letters general
>x,c, y

why are latin languages so fucking gay and retarded?
just what where they thinking?
Even fucking Arabic has none of this shit

white pig can do no good hahahahaha

>having an inflected language

Lol

Sentence order >>> adding random letters to words

t brainlet

>latin languages
>not all languages

>He thinks a overcomplicated language is a good language
Go be a weeb somewhere else

Just what made you think i like japanese? i literally know nothing about it

"overcomplicated language" funny you should say that when latin languages have context based words different letter spelling for reasons and some of the stupidest fucking rules i've ever seen

German is pretty logical and free (as in freedom) once you build complex sentences.

German is a latin language

t. Veeky Forums

>latin
>latin
>latin

>posts two germanic languages, and a germanic-raped romance language

Spanish and Italian have GOAT orthography btw.

Fixed word order is horrible for poetry.

Only if you're lazy or ESL.
English word order, despite common claims, does not actually have a set word order. Any complaints are that of an ESL or general pedant who cannot stand a bit of inclarity in fucking poetry.

Genuinely, no ESL can use English to any full extent. No, Nabokov did not. He only seems that way (good; having talent; etc.) by ESL or those who are functionally ESL (those who learn English spoken, and essentially will always have a gap between their spoken and written capacities.)
The spoken-learner may be effectively socially and thereby become a common snake, but he who learns the language as written will always be the masters of it.
The Word as disconnected from any so-called 'subject' is necessary to any good poetry. Understanding it as not a consequence of society, but something independent. Similarly, those who still connect religion to other egotalk and egothought, and general sociological and anthropological nonsense, will never understand religion, and never see God. They see Him as secondary because He is only secondary to them.

What you call 'poetry' is lazy, defined for another language. English has found a room of its own, it no longer must follow any Hellenic law. The new terms of poetry are shaped for the language itself, and not to force it inside the mould of Greek and other so-called 'poetic' languages.

>Genuinely, no ESL can use English to any full extent.

>those who learn English spoken, and essentially will always have a gap between their spoken and written capacities.

What did he mean by this

Oh look it's the butthurt, monolingual ESL shitposter again. I haven't seen you in quite a while. How does it feel to be an American mongrel?

>born into a trilingual family
>currently learning my 4th language.
It sure does feel magnificent to be a yuropoor

I'm not ESL.
I'm not monolingual.
I'm not American.
Stop being so upset about your incapacity to use English in any way other than the way a house painter uses a brush.

>English word order, despite common claims, does not actually have a set word order.
The mouse eats the cat.
The cat the mouse eats.
etc

>born into a trilingual family
How many parents do you got, lmao

In 1482 Columbus sailed the oceans blue
The oceans blue did Columbus sail in 1482
Columbus in 1482 did sail the blue oceans
etc.

The first one itself is an oddity, because most pedants (ESL and ESL sympathizers) dislike the placing of an adjective after its noun.

this is why Russian is the superior language

world="mir"
peace="mir"
world peace = "mir mir"?

no it is not.

XDDDDDDDDDDD

U

JSUT

GOT

TROLED

LAAAAAAAMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great post. Nabokov definitely appears a fraud to any native speaker of English, although even Houellebecq was able to discern that he was a fraud presumably in translation.

>it no longer must follow any Hellenic law
Funny thing is Anglo-Saxon poetry never did. I believe the King James Bible preserved this style. Whitman learned it from the Bible and more intellectual writers such as Hopkins, Pound, and Tolkien learned it from Anglo-Saxon poetry. You see hints of the style in John Donne and the Metaphysical poets. The modernist era was a renaissance of that endangered tradition.

The Norman Conquest nearly destroyed native Anglo-Saxon art. Fortunately it was preserved.

I have a feeling you're already aware of this discourse. I doubt many people outside of American and Britain are aware of it because they're ESL and can't understand the nuances of English prosody.

Cretins like this guy will never get it because he hasn't even mastered his own language.

To quote Harry Day: "Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men."

Anglo-Saxon poetry is unique from Hellenic. The so-called 'Renaissance' firmly and formally destroyed that tradition and replaced it with one uniquely foreign and inapplicable to English, as it was then and as it is now.
As English became increasingly different from even its relatives, it required a new poetic form.
The other Germanic languages can fit into the Hellenic form, as can the Romantic languages, obviously. When English became a big-shot language, popular poetic and literary forms had to be modified greatly to allow for poetry, as it was known, to be done in English.

Distinctively modern English poetry and literature began with figures like Blake (who was at least an informal expert on the KJV and Milton -- a figure of extreme importance -- who attempted to give English a room of its own by creating a seminal British Epic without the constraints of rhyme -- an odd and forced form, which as far as I know was not itself terribly important in Hellenic poetry, and which is an obviously ridiculous constraint on a noninflected language by an inflected one), and most importantly with the monolithic novel, which is now the cornerstone of all the written arts. Whether the popularity of the novel is a good thing or not, is another matter.