Literature, even that which was created by my favorite authors, and every kind of human artistic expression overall...

Literature, even that which was created by my favorite authors, and every kind of human artistic expression overall, is just simply NOTHING to me since I listened to Mozart's string quartets while high on oxycodone
You guys can't even imagine what beauty and aesthetic pleasure is. Just stop, get a trade, you will thank me in the future. That which you are searching exists, just be happy with that, now stop searching and lusting. Go play football with your mates, now, kid, before is too late...
Everyone will think this is a joke, but I don't let hope leak away that easily, if this post saves someone from that which I'm trying to save them from, that which can not be named with the rational tongue, I would consider myself full of happiness if I didn't actually know what happiness is, and how beyond human comprehension it's nature and texture are. Good bye, Veeky Forums, is time to point your eyes at the ground...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6KMGcOYHSs0
youtube.com/watch?v=GjOEcoMy2fI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Mozart
>good
Don't go to /classical/

Mozart's string quartets are a subset of 'every kind of human artistic expression.'
Neither do I smoke, ingest, snort nor etc. drugs. Also, I like to read. On evenings like this one as well when it's either rainy or cold outside.
>baby, i'm a lost cause..

>/classical/
You mean /plebs/?

>unironically liking mozart
What a pleb

>Mozart's string quartets are a subset of 'every kind of human artistic expression.'
FURTHER PROOF

Mozart's not at all underrated. Check a music service like Spotify and see for yourself. Choose any solid string quartet's contribution. Then another's. Then another's. That hs kids don't bother listening to him says very little. He's not going anywhere. Like Shakespeare, he's here to stay.

Mozart is too difficult for many, even most who listen to his music have difficulty comprehending how great he was.

>being an addict
>good

do you seriosuly think ur the first person to discover music on drugs you fucking chodemonger

It's hard if not impossible to anticipate his melodies from the get-go if youre not familiar with his music (minds naturally attempt to do this, and are more than often successful at doing so). To listen again and then discover that he exceeded your anticipations at almost every turn is an early proof that Mozart is uncommon, to say the least! I personally love his music, but it's no argument to give up on great literature, nor was it intended to be.

Odd. Didn't touch the post number at all. Blanked message above intended here.

>these are mysterious times./.

I've never liked classical music, sorry OP

>Mozart's string quartets

Listen to Beethoven's late string quartets, pleb.

I don't even care about classical music and I know Mozzart is plebs shit.

Are you still high? You sound like it; now shoo, go away.

I think music is overrated due to its accessibility. A piece may be well constructed and pleasurable to listen to, but on its own music has nothing to say, no ideas to express. It's completely passive. Children can enjoy a difficult piece of music. Literature conveys not only aesthetic beauty but the beauty of ideas. It's the most essentially human art form.

Literature imitates. Music, by its very abstract nature, is an immediate reflection of the will.

Well, it's a passive 'artistic' experience for the auditor but I more than a little agree here. What distinguishes literary reading from reading schlock (or listening to music) is that the former requires active participation. Whether it's poetry, an essay, or a subtle piece of fiction one's own sense of language (or one's linguistic integrity) is constantly on trial while BEING USED to comprehend the given language of the text at the same time. And while all this is going on one's OWN language gains nuances and new associations or gROWS. SO MUCH goes on when exploring new voices, different times, old concerns, READING. And what's more is that reading lit is not LIKE time-travel but IS literal time-travel. And that's to use the word 'literal' literally. Nothing compares to it.

How? I've never understood when people say stuff like this. I don't get the translation. I mean, I can tell that pieces in minor sound more melancholy and introspective (for some reason) but do I need to deeply study music theory to understand why this counterpoint represents the battle of right and wrong within the composer's soul?
t. music pleb

I'm a music conservatory graduate. I spent years analyzing music for grades, so when I come across something that's garbage, I know. Mozart's music has the melodic complexity of a train horn (actually less; train horns often are tuned to a tritone, which seem to be absent in his music) and the lyrical complexity of his non-traditional vocal works barely surpasses 3rd grade vocabulary. Not only is this music intended for ignorant audiences, it's intended to turn impressionable young people into bad composers. His jaded and weary compositions have no more potency than office memos.

People, don't shit on Mozart, it's typical of high school music students. He may have composed many second rate works and many of his most famous works are not complex at all from a musical point of view but he's still one of the greatest.

>I'm a music conservatory graduate
No, you're not.

OP is a faggot anyway.

>actually less; train horns often are tuned to a tritone, which seem to be absent in his music
That's so fucking stupid

stupid, but true

>have no more potency
clearly false. or why or how has this want of potency powered him all the way up to 2017? Is Rossini also banal? Looking earlier, Telemann?

t. listen to music like plebs

How do i not listen to music like a pleb then?

I prefer John Adams. Someone call me a pleb

I think maybe he means that music can more directly convey qualia or archetypes.

Actually, don't listen to much music at all. Literature retains its original integrity as an art in the sense that it is both written and read pretty much as it always has been. This takes time, effort, and even love. So? Someone WHO DOESN'T READ posts that doing drugs and listening to Mozart obviates reading, that reading is a waste of time (as opposed to what?), blah, blah, blah. To cut to the quick, this is a board for letters, not notes, and I suggest (you) take your illiterate 'i was in the college band' opinions back where they belong, i.e. to the inveterate emptiness that is /mu/.

Classical and music generally is better at getting right into you but it can't tell as a coherent and detailed story is the most simple book.

Instead of being an autist, learn to appreciate different kinds of arts for what they are. Also step up from Mozart. He's handjob through pants level of enjoyment compared to Mendelssohn or Beethoven.

>stupid, but true
No idiot, it's not true and you shouldn't pretend to be a conservatory graduate when you are not.

I can't belive you autists actually are discussing an obvious memepost

Do you want this board to die completely?

>He's handjob through pants level of enjoyment compared to Mendelssohn or Beethoven.
This is actually not true.
I can see why one could like Beethoven or whatever of the romantics more than Mozart, I myself don't listen often to his music and share the same opinion, but their music is vastly different from his so it's hard to say if they are "better". I know outstanding musicians who prefer Mozart over anybody else.

>Listen to Beethoven's late string quartets
Good taste

>pleb
You're the pleb.

>I know outstanding musicians who prefer Mozart over anybody else.
I have to meet someone like that yet, the most "contrarian" opinions from musicians I got were overpraises for Bach but at least given the difference it makes more sense due preferences and all. Beethoven has tons of pieces that are so similar to Mozart, beyond the early symphonies, plus more diversity too, so these two seem easier to compare.

Buuut in the end, you're obviously right and there is no "better". Just it's a way too boring opinion for such a bait thread ... so fuck Mozartfags.

youtube.com/watch?v=6KMGcOYHSs0
How can books even compete?

>Buuut in the end, you're obviously right and there is no "better".

Buuut if you and he wish to be best buddies again, I won't stand in your way

youtube.com/watch?v=GjOEcoMy2fI

>the most "contrarian" opinions from musicians I got were overpraises for Bach
What the fuck? It's widely accepted, or at least by most classical musicians (though you may come from jazz?), that Bach is the greatest composer ever, it's not contrarian at all and I do get called a contrarian for saying that I prefer Haendel, that Bach's melodies are boring or things like that (mostly I say them to trigger bachfags, they're not "real" opinions).

As for the Mozart-Beethoven debate, yes, they're easier to compare but it's still a pretty meaningless comparison since they treat differently both harmony (see Mozart's use of chromaticism), melody (you don't have Beethoven's typical "micro-themes" in Mozart) and counterpoint (both last Beethoven AND last Mozart rely heavily on counterpoint).

It's great that people still love my work.

I meant to state that I'm glad people still love Mozart's work, not mine. haha

Dear OP, you prompted me to read the wikipedia page on Oxycodone instead of reading the rest of your post. Thanks.