It's like western but they kill people

>it's like western but they kill people

Do Americans really rate this shit?

"He watched the fire and if he saw portents there it was much the same to him. He would live to look upon the western sea and he was equal to whatever might follow for he was complete at every hour. Whether his history should run concomitant with men and nations, whether it should cease. He’d long forsworn all weighing of consequence and allowing as he did that men’s destinies are given yet he usurped to contain within him all that he would ever be in the world and all that the world would be to him and be his charter written in the urstone itself he claimed agency and said so and he’d drive the remorseless sun on to its final endarkenment as if he’d ordered it all ages since, before there were paths anywhere, before there were men or suns to go upon them."

You tell me.

Cormac McSharty is to literature what Game of Thrones is to TV

Well I'm not American but I don't rate it.

Let's not mock Game of Thrones too much.

You have to understand - American literature is such a joke that when half-competent rubes bumble along imitating masterful European authors they’ll be celebrated for years to come as “revelatory” and “daring” geniuses.

Read Suttree

>Poe
>Faulkner
>Melville
>Hemingway
>Twain
>etc., etc.

Whatever.

good examples of exactly what he was talking about

>Europoor didn't get his semen shipment in

Poe is more popular abroad than he is at home.

>"A legion of horribles, hundreds in number, half naked or clad in costumes attic or biblical or wardrobed out of a fevered dream with the skins of animals and silk finery and pieces of uniform still tracked with the blood of prior owners, coats of slain dragoons, frogged and braided cavalry jackets, one in a stovepipe hat and one with an umbrella and one in white stockings and a bloodstained weddingveil and some in headgear of cranefeathers or rawhide helmets that bore the horns of bull or buffalo and one in a pigeontailed coat worn backwards and otherwise naked and one in the armor of a spanish conquistador, the breastplate and pauldrons deeply dented with old blows of mace or saber done in another country by men whose very bones were dust and many with their braids spliced up with the hair of other beasts until they trailed upon the ground and their horses’ ears and tails worked with bits of brightly colored cloth and one whose horse’s whole head was painted crimson red and all the horsemen’s faces gaudy and grotesque with daubings like a company of mounted clowns, death hilarious, all howling in a barbarous tongue and riding down upon them like a horde from a hell more horrible yet than the brimstone land of christian reckoning, screeching and yammering and clothed in smoke like those vaporous beings in regions beyond right knowing where the eye wanders and the lip jerks and drools."

>implying anyone on this board could ever write something like this

im from france and faulkner is taught in schools- and we have some of the greatest modernists. i never see americans give him much respect

>the "you have to be a master chef to recognize McDonadl's food isn't great" argument

Could you please point me towards the greats of European literature? Cervantes was great, but has been surpassed by Heller. Russian literature is didactic and often embarassing, with only one 'great' title (master and margarita). Kafka was great, but he's just one writer. Joyce is as self-absorbed and unreadable as Faulkner, if that's what you're into. I'm not seeing this wealth of literature that makes old world writers so much better. Am I being trolled, or are there some obscure titles I'm missing?

>monolingual critiques literature he literally can't comprehend because it's not written in babbie's first language

;)

>you have no argument so you greentext bait from 2006

>Its another why do Americans x post

t. didn't understand the point of that scene

You've also never been to America nor know what we like.

>Don Draper should be idolized

LMAO.

Never seen the show but it perfectly sums up Yuros

You miss the point. I'm not talking about the show

It's prose is good as hell

>good prose

Pa. Why are eggs breakfast?

What.

You can put bacon on lunch.

Ye.

But if you put eggs on stuff it becomes breakfast?

The man spat and said the eggs are not for this world or from this world they come from the chicken but the chicken knows it not.

He wiped his chin and spat.

ah, blood meridian, monsieur? that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shellalagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.

Decent bait, I give you a 6.5/10 but you can do better

Yeah I rate it.
Rate it as a 3/10.
Gotcha!

Poe is fucking awful, though.

This. I'm American and I'm fed up with being called pretentious when I mention Faulkner. These people have either never read him or simply don't understand it, because all they read is Neil Gaiman and John Green.

>Joyce
>Faulkner
>unreadable
You grew up reading Animorphs, didn't you?

hahahaha

MILTON
DANTE
SHAKESPEARE
POUND (EMBRACE THE PSEUD)
Soar high above anything that could ever be produced in the new continents

lel this is good