Traditional Marriage Advice/ Housewifery

Recommend me some good advice books on this subject. Bonus points if catholic and or pre-70s. Main focus should be on womens responsibilities or how to deal with a minimalistic household.

Other urls found in this thread:

boyersisters.com/blog/
returnofhousewifery.com/
chelseadamon.com/marriage-and-relationships/
goodhousekeeping.com/
sonomachristianhome.com/
christianwifeuniversity.com/blog/
youtube.com/watch?v=IrNKDnsq3JA&
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump for interest

lol you probably want brideshead revisited for your fantasy. go big because you can never go home

>Main focus should be on womens responsibilities
I have no idea what you expect from an advice book there. Are you male and want to like more the framework of why a woman should do the household or are you a woman and look literally on advice books about how to do chores?

>how to deal with a minimalistic household.
What is that supposed to mean?

I need more specific information please

>Bonus points if catholic and or pre-70s
Also this. Why catholic? Do you want to have catholic books on gender roles? Which aspect again: the why, the how, the what etc.

Why pre-70s?

Just tell your wife, "honey, I want our household to be more minimalistic, but I'm not sure how we can go about 'dealing' with it."

I'm not sure what "brideshead" is, user.

I'm a woman looking for historical insights. Mostly out of curiosity, partly to implement long gone "life hacks" into my marriage.

>What is that supposed to mean?
Think about the great depression and how people dealed with less better.

>Why catholic?
I was raised catholic, therefore this subject would interest me the most. See pic related.

>Why pre-70s?
Because I'm not a fan of modern gender roles, family values or ways of dealing with things like consumerism (see something like the "Throwing-away Society".

>I'm a woman looking for historical insights. Mostly out of curiosity, partly to implement long gone "life hacks" into my marriage.
Please divorce him and be my gf.

I see. I'm sorry but in that case I really got nothing much to help you.

>Because I'm not a fan of modern gender roles, family values
Don't fall for this meme. You will find a lot of women and books that have a traditional view of these things.
Especially on these "household forums".

Best of luck to you. also post tits

Yeah, I follow some of those vintage blogs, so I'm also open for recommendations in that regard.

Thanks and pic related.

Shameless selfbump.

>catholic
>searching for virgins in the whore of babylon

All you need is a long skirt

I'm probably missing the referance, but it's funny cause I don't even own a pair of pants.

Really, no fellow mid century fans here?

For future reference, despite the situation on the rest of the internet and this site, the rule that 'there are no women on the internet' is void on Veeky Forums. We all know that they are among us here and this post was a fine example of it going fine for when the fact is revealed for a good purpose.

I would add /adv/ and Veeky Forums as well to that list, which is amusing considering the pressure to be gender-neutral and the way men and women still will gather in gender-specific areas.

Could you share the vintage blogs you follow.

Unfortunately I can't think of any advice on books for you.

Here is a small list of those I can remember as I'm not on my main PC right know. Even if you're not religious (I'm on the heretic side of agnostic) you will find many usefull ones adding terms like "christian/ catholic" to your google blog search as they naturally tend to cather to a more traditional living (dressing, behaviour, household and family care). It's not that hard to take biblical proverbs and recommendations and reimagine them into a secular setting if need be.

boyersisters.com/blog/ (vintage fashion mostly)
returnofhousewifery.com/
chelseadamon.com/marriage-and-relationships/
goodhousekeeping.com/
sonomachristianhome.com/
christianwifeuniversity.com/blog/

I also like to search the usual terms like "housewifery", "marriage advice" and such on Etsy's book section to find old treasures long forgotten.

If you want some fun time just type "eductional film 1950s" into youtube:
youtube.com/watch?v=IrNKDnsq3JA&

For those also interested in vintage house economics and lifestyle I can't recommend enought to check out the culinary history and personal accounts of people living though the Great Depression and WWII. They give helpfull insights on what isn't really needed in our daily lifes.

Beeing able to make more with less and supporting your spouse, especially if he's the breadwinner, is the main role of a housewife imho and quite a fullfilling one once you burry the modern notion of feminism and equality instead of symbiosis for a common goal. Making a house into a home is also more than the negativ image of brainlessly cooking and cleaning all day long like a servant.

Thank you for the advice and links.
I will definitely take a look at them when I have some time over.

A woman shouldn't read. Do what your husband tells you and care for him and the children. That's all you need to know.
And stop using the internet.

>lol you probably want brideshead revisited for your fantasy.
the tv series is quite meh

>he wants a stupid fucknugget to be the main teacher for his kids till further education

A kids psychological character is fully ingrained at the age of five. Sad! Many such cases.

Reminder that Op is a atheist trap and trolls again only to go deeper into his delusion.

Children should be instructed by male tutors of the highest kind from institutes such as Harvard or Dartmouth.

>shipping your infant off to (((Harvard))) and paying for indoctrination like a good goy

Bump

>I'm not sure what "brideshead" is
I'm sure you don't

Veeky Forums is predominantly male and contemporary males mostly don't want to take care of an adult child

spotted the Protestant

You're not speaking about mature men knowing the difference between a child and a succesfull simbiosis in marriage. But I'm not surprissed "contemporary males" often don't even know how to take care for themselves, let alone a child of any kind.

Good thing I don't have to bother with those stated above anymore.

there is no difference
read "on women"

I know Schoppenhauer. Women aren't a mans equal, but that doesn't mean that women should work on themselves in a way to be as least of a burden as possible and add to a marriage in a way the husband can't or don't want to.

My husband brings home the shekels mad man style and can enjoy walking in into a comfy home with the food made ready and a backrub waiting for his "how was your day"-story of the evening.

Hes building the house, I'm building the home. Maturing means laying down childish views of bachelorhood and embracing a sincere relationship with a fellow human. Not wanting that is basicaly denying yourself your lifes purpose and reproduction. You will remain a child which isn't able to work on a relationship to create children.

Also, you should read a couple of those housekeeping works, they openly embrace the place of the woman and find joy in it without acting like a made propaganda sitcome to prevent the west from beeing the peak of civilization.

>(I'm on the heretic side of agnostic)

dropped