has some good doggy stories

nigger

Into The Wild was alright

Unamuno, bitch.

nigger

Cujo

Marley and me

The Odyssey book 17

>As they were speaking, a dog that had been lying asleep raised his head and pricked up his ears. This was Argos, whom Odysseus had bred before setting out for Troy, but he had never had any enjoyment from him. In the old days he used to be taken out by the young men when they went hunting wild goats, or deer, or hares, but now that his master was gone he was lying neglected on the heaps of mule and cow dung that lay in front of the stable doors till the men should come and draw it away to manure the great close; and he was full of fleas. As soon as he saw Odysseus standing there, he dropped his ears and wagged his tail, but he could not get close up to his master. When Odysseus saw the dog on the other side of the yard, dashed a tear from his eyes without Eumaios seeing it, and said:
'Eumaios, what a noble hound is that is over yonder on the manure heap: his build is splendid; is he as fine a fellow as he looks, or is he only one of those dogs that come begging about a table, and are kept merely for show?'
'This dog,' answered Eumaios, 'belonged to him who has died in a far country. If he were what he was when Odysseus left for Troy, he would soon show you what he could do. There was not a wild beast in the forest that could get away from him when he was once on its tracks. But now he has fallen on evil times, for his master is dead and gone, and the women take no care of him. Servants never do their work when their master's hand is no longer over them, for Zeus takes half the goodness out of a man when he makes a slave of him.'
So saying he entered the well-built mansion, and made straight for the riotous pretenders in the hall. But Argos passed into the darkness of death, now that he had fulfilled his destiny of faith and seen his master once more after twenty years.

Old Yeller

Heart of a Dog

Buytendijk's "Mind of the Dog"

Read The Call of the Wild, awesome dog with great dog development.

O, Argos! My good pup!

I really want to write a book like Watership Down but from the perspectives of dogs, especially a pug that lives with his family and he loves them so much gosh dang it's like just the best time, he got his feed and he loves scrambled eggs haha nice it has a bit of cheese oh cool man i'm gonna see Tyler down the road i fucking love that dog man he's like the funniest dog haha it's like every day is fucking christmas and btw i fucking love christmas haha my masters bought me some toys man it's the fuckin best i swear on me mam

But eventually the diet changes but hey it's still cool I get some cheese man i fucking love cheese but it's hiding a little something i'll just take it out and have the cheese oh man i don't like it when my masters argue about things grrr woof woof haha

and eventually he starts losing his fur and it's not so fun because it's cold but it's alright the masters have a blanket and a coat for me and i'm fine but man where is my fur haha what

and there's more trips to the vet, and he's hitting his head more on the table or door frame haha im such a goof haha but seriously where is everyone going and where am I i'll just bark a little so my masters know I'm a little lost and they'll find me and they'll help me but gosh dang i really need to go to the toilet and i'm lost

Eventually his eyesight will go, his fur will be completely gone, his skin is turning black, he's not a well dog. Bath time scares him. He knows he's in the kitchen because of the sound of the tiling under his claws but he has no ability to get out and he's lost all enthusiasm for life even christmas he doesn't even know what the fuck anymore

It eventually leads to the little lad getting put down and his masters are in such pain over it. I don't know when I'd write it but I want to dedicate it to my own dog because he was so full of unconditional love and the pain of putting down your own dog you've had since he was a little bambino full of joy is absolutely devastating.

I think I'd need an illustrator for some parts but IDK.

Travels With Charley. Maximum comfiness.

I too would like a story like this.
I am writing a story about some cats who are squatting in an empty house, but then get adopted by the people who move in and they have to struggle with expectations of human affection. Kind of Watership Down-y