Kazuo Ishiguro wins Nobel Prize in Literature

Who is this guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmoetica.com/B672-DES568.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dude butlers lmao

At least it went to a writer this time. Good choice.

No one cares about the nobel, my lad.
Next time make a thread about a less retarded award.

How the fuck are you here if you've never heard of him? My girlfriend hadn't read a book since high school and she knows who he is for fuck sake guys come on

I only read redpilled books and chinamen who write in wrong language by mistake are not redpilled

Just heard this on (((npr))) and they called him "British". Kek.

Thats because you told her faggot

Yo dawg, so you mean to tell me it's been a whole year since the whole Bob Dylan fiasco?

God damn, these things keep going by quicker and quicker.

At least the chink writes books.
>that feel when your country is so culturally devoid that the only laureate in the past 25 years is bob fucking dylan

No its because he's an incredibly mainstream author. Ive seen people reading Remains of the Day at the beach, I genuinely can't understand how so many people here haven't heard of him. Is it a British thing, are all those who don't know of hi American ?

That doesn't even make sense. He's Japanese for one, and what does that have to do with being redpilled? Also how is it the wrong language, he lived in Britain from the age of 5 or 6 I think I would imagine e English is a first language for him

t. dweeb

>are all those who don't know of hi American ?
Probably this. Just learned he's "british" , that explains it

Really?

Why are you even here?

That makes a bit more sense I guess.

Why are people questioning the fact that he's British by the way? He's lived there for his entire life, he has British citizenship. I'm a bit confused.

Can someone post ONE THING on interest about this guys works

How about you read his books?

Nice to see an Anglo-Saxon winning this award for once

>his winning will encourage the forces of goodwill
what an ego

yeah no kidding

I hope he doesn't win because whenever someone gets a Nobel their books become easier to find where I live, and his books are already very easy to find.

wait what the fuck he already won I thought this was a joke thread. What a boring choice

Ishiguro may be a globalist, but he also said:

>I love living in London, but if I had to write a ‘London novel,’ I’d portray the capital as a vampire sucking the blood out of the rest of the country. I’m amazed people in Britain accept so quietly this lack of regional balance.

He was against Brexit, but you can certainly see his discomfort with the typical London/EU supporter as well.

>be dignified butler
>can't handle bantz
>ignore anything that isn't buttling
>realize life has been wasted buttling
>buttle even harder
>trust you'll understand i'm not in denial
>mfw

dude's as British as it gets. kys racist.

I mean that whole fiasco was drawn out for a very long time, with the controversial win and him not accepting it, accepting it, not attending the ceremony, attending the ceremony etc etc. So maybe that's why it feels like it wasn't that long ago.

Read this review by Dan Schneider, the poet not the television producer on Ishiguro's An Artist Of The Floating World: cosmoetica.com/B672-DES568.htm

Here is an excerpt:
"Kazuo Ishiguro’s 1986 novel, An Artist Of The Floating World, which won that year’s Whitbread Prize, may be a great novel, but it just misses out on that elite company. Of course, the fact one can make arguments pro and con means the book is worlds above the tripe one would read were the author’s surname Oates, Boyle, or Eggers. The reason for the miss, in my mind, is that the novel never fully soars- it never takes that Keatsian leap into the subconscious, to wrench the reader into an experience he or she can get nowhere else. It is consummately written, and its lead character and narrator is very interesting. There really is no fat to trim, yet….there simply are no indelible scenes nor moments that one will recall years later."

Honestly there's a bunch of english shit that's only popular in the english sphere (Australia, UK), I am not american and I had never heard of this guy either.

>the nobel awarded to another white anglo-saxon male rather than a proud myn or womyn of colyr
typical

British Nationalist
or Ethnic British

dan stop shilling your shit, also your poetry sucks

Try "Never Let Me Go." It's a great book. At first you think it's about teens at a boarding school, but gradually you see they are clones being raised to be organ donors for people and will die before they grow up fully.

I love it how every single thread is just Veeky Forumstards ego stroking shitting on everything to look like "the thinking user".

His prose is often reminiscent of Hardy or Galsworthy, and deals with the nature of the British self.

As someone said in a previous thread, he doesnt have many comparable authors, and his being of Asian descent seems to magnify his love of "Britishness" but not Scottish or fucking Welsh

>on a lit forum
>no idea who kazuo ishiguro is
>probably thought bob dylan deserved it.