Rate my shelf...

Rate my shelf. My Bible is in my car and this excludes a couple of my world history and literature textbooks/anthologies. What essential history, literature, and philosophy am I missing from my library. Thanks

*?

My friend is borrowing my cooy of Infinite Jest, as well as Beyond Good and Evil.

If you're religious enough that you feel you should mention your bible is in the car, why would you only have one bible?
I have 1 Qur'an and 3 translations of it in my room.

Decent starter collection of books. There are no shelves in the picture, though. I suggest purchasing or building a bookcase.

The quran is a translation, so understandably you might wamt more than one, but The King James Bible is the only bible

2/10 not enough greeks

Who else besides Plato?

how many of these have you read, 2,..1,.. 0?

How much of these have you read?

About half. Ive read all the Nietzsche expect Twilight of the Idols. Hemingway, Steinbeck, Emerson, Greene, Huxley, Yung, etc. I Still havent read Infinite Jest, The Republic, some of the lesser known philosophers included in my library, as well as The Koran--only read the first chaper and was rittled with contradictions so i lost interest, and Moby Dick. Im just starting The Elegant Universe.

Also, I havent tackled Kant yet. His prose are a bit intimidating

>pseudointellectual starter kit

Lol, how so senpai?

>the koran
>contradictions
>idiot warmonger author
sounds about right

>paperbacks

Stop.

Bruh, I gotta work hard to survive right now. Ill buy hard covers when Im older and richer. The words are the words

aristotle, rest of plato's work. you can get away with not reading the pre-socratics

If you think that way you might as well buy an ereader, you hideous pleb.

More of those paperback spines need to be ruined, Boethius's Consultation?

>implying

I like your collection OP.

just stop

Anything you'd recommend? I am trying to cover the classics of literature, philosophy and religion--with a dash of science and history, so that Im well rounded and suffieciently educated--without college--to become a politician in the fairly distant future. That, or contribute something to the philisophical dialectic.

-Put down the books
-Pack your belongings into bag
-Go to foreign country
-Walk around and try and figure out where you are going to sleep
-Soak up the experience

>inb4 people laugh me out of my dreams.

Just tell me what I need to read to get to that point please

Is this what you have done/did? What would you rate the experience? Which country did you go to?

There is one senator and twenty-one members of the house that have no degree beyond high school. Those are pretty hard statistics to battle against. Why not go to college out of curiosity?

I just dont want to be massively in debt for an education I can get for free. Im like one or two classes away from getting my AA, and may end up transferring to a 4 year in the future to finish-up, but for now Im just reading and self-educating

>I am trying to cover the classics of literature, philosophy and religion
Pic related. I think you already have a solid grasp of quality literature.

>without college--to become a politician in the fairly distant future.

You need to go to college. I know it's a scam. I know it sucks. But you will learn if you work hard, and it's a good place to build friendships and memories. If you're young, do it now. If you don't feel ready for it, join the Army for a few years. Being young and enlisted and figuring adulthood out with a safety net is a similar experience. Except when you get out you have PTSD or a drinking problem instead of a degree. You'll want to have served, regardless, if you are serious about public service. You will make yourself better.

>b-but the military is for losers

Socrates was a hoplite. Hemingway drove an ambulance. The founding fathers were revolutionaries. Don't look to any politician of your lifetime as inspiration for how to serve the people. The system is broken, and the operators have forbidden themselves to fix it.

>Circa 50 books
>WHAT BOOKS AM I MISSING GOYS????
Jesus Christ

Thanks for the advice user. Ive thought about joining the navy. Probably will end up doing one or the other here real soon.

Never claimed to be any kind of genius. Just what am I missing from the essential cannon?

>potential terrorist

Lol, red flags

>Rate my shelf
I don't see a shelf

>What essential history, literature, and philosophy am I missing from my library
Brothers Karamazov

>doesn't have a car bible

>doesn't carry a bible in his hat

I went the neet pseudo-audodidact route for a while, and starting college after that was a breath of fresh air. I had a leg up on everyone and since I cultivated my interests beforehand I really enjoy the work and there's the added bonus of it all going on record.

oh and for financial aid really saved my ass. If you're over the age for your parents income to be considered it pays for a considerable chunk.

hey duuuuuudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa braaaaaaaaa pass the kambutcha BITCH

I don't understand how that's a relevant response

Seriously, just carry a bible in your hat. The important part, anyway (NT). You don't even need a fancy pocket hat, just stick that sumbitch in there.

Stop living in a third world country and higher education is free

I work, but yeah, still not totally killing it in life

>he doesn't have the bible and john calvin's commentaries on his phone

Excellent collection user. Would you mind posting a stack of your favorite works?

Im@work until tonight. If this thread is still up, then I most certainly will

Thanks user. I'm assuming you mean works of literature. My lit taste is like OP's, but less refined and with more Veeky Forums memes.

If I had to pick three favorites:
The Idiot
Labyrinths
Lost in the Funhouse

Even I have a translation of the Quran. And the Tanakh. And the Bible.

I'm not even religious I just wanted to look at the differences. But who doesn't have copies of these?