Veeky Forums Player One - Jet's Edition

docs.google.com/document/d/1DHCwztnHnvnSpi1zqvfM17nPq-tFPV-5tkmUDoc2PZE

If you're familiar with Ernest Cline best selling novel Ready Player One, you know that 75% of it is a shitty geek pandering masturbation. We're going one step further, trying to write a novel that's ONLY shitty geek pandering masturbation AND memes. Except now we have over 150 pages of memes and nested parentheses and footnotes and frankly I think we need more of Bugs. Anyone can edit this, feel free to contribute however you want to, or just watch it all happen. I don't know what else to put here so uh

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1DHCwztnHnvnSpi1zqvfM17nPq-tFPV-5tkmUDoc2PZE/mobilebasic?pli=1
docs.google.com/document/d/1DHCwztnHnvnSpi1zqvfM17nPq-tFPV-5tkmUDoc2PZE/edit#heading=h.lvx1mt7nws3e
docs.google.com/document/d/1vdtq9A15UlOBvFswo0O3DDGoCEuNVgm7-9u9Weif5YQ/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit,_Run
docs.google.com/document/d/1sE7GSn7i0_FJRPNpsBk08VWu0DrMAeF7VPEH9KYAbOI/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck off back to discord or something

Its not funny

its funny

no

when can i ost the parts of my story that got deleted?

let it die. we don't want you guys here

the main value of lit would be continuously creating/editing collective novels

what did you lose, I can search them out for you if you tell me

God forbid there's a creative project happening on a "creative" board

Says "File will be deleted soon" when I open it?

yeah, it says its in the owner's trash

what gives

it's being edited atm

docs.google.com/document/d/1DHCwztnHnvnSpi1zqvfM17nPq-tFPV-5tkmUDoc2PZE/mobilebasic?pli=1
you can read the manuscript
read this then write on your own if you want to contribute, the editor copied it and is currently revising things a bit
he says he should be done by 8 am tomorrow

if you want to contribute there are no real rules but some general guidelines
1. Use established characters, especially Harry (they can behave completely differently and just be that character in name only)
2. don't just fill a page with the word "nigger" (o algo como eso), try to be a little creative

Wasn't 4 meme books enough?

what 4, I only know about Hypersphere and lott

Tundra II Kosti's adventures in the everglades
Tundra III Tokyo Drift

Ok good.

there was already at least one attempt at a fifth back in mid 2016 that failed

This one will blow them all away. Its already the best yet

I still think we should do a Selected Posts book made up entirely of Veeky Forums posts

bump

thing is weve done this a million times and they always turn out the exact same.. just buy tundra

it would be cool to find a new format that isnt just shitposting, but I think these are still fun enough to be around

Fuck you. Sociologists will be studying these in years to come. We are only getting better at writing them.

2deep4you

Guys lets send it to Bloom when we are done.

Does Tundra have Bugs and Jet's Pizza ads? Didn't fucking think so.

bump for justice

bumperoni with extra cheeseioli

when does the new one go up so i can add back my shit

Jesus man, stop, its on the second page when you bump

your not the boss around here pal

this

get in here boys

The Tiger is free
yes
YES!

Ok, the old docs is open for edits again. What's up editor user?

Not editanon, but is this the one? docs.google.com/document/d/1DHCwztnHnvnSpi1zqvfM17nPq-tFPV-5tkmUDoc2PZE/edit#heading=h.lvx1mt7nws3e

Also this thread is a bit slower than the last few.

Yeah, that's the old doc, doc.

Trolls last night did some damage.

>10115894
Yeah, I saw. I couldn't keep up with the damage but made a few restore points along the way. Evidently some progress was made, so it probably wouldn't hurt to make a few more restores, backups, etc. Judging by the speed of the thread, most of them should be gone now, I think.

I'm mostly lurking now, as I won't have access to my working station for the weekend. I'm going to write more starting monday. Have few fun ideas for Harry.

>purple carrots

I'm lurking as well. Is it just editing now or are people writing still?

Editanon said in the last thread or so that once we reach 400 or so pages, he'll take over editing. At this point, just add content however you want to, don't worry so much about editing.

Editor user is editing on his own, not in the doc. If somebody is willing to contribute, just write in the doc, but keep copy on disc (trolls).

The funny men are at it again.

can you make a new document to add shit to? this one is ridiculously slow

Sure, the old one is in comment only mode for now.

docs.google.com/document/d/1vdtq9A15UlOBvFswo0O3DDGoCEuNVgm7-9u9Weif5YQ/

shameless self bump

That's literally a good thing
Those are both shitty forced memes

Dreamscape was finished. Whatever that means.

Why do you hate fun?

yikes guys someone hates fun

If you love fun over everything then go back there

Does anyone else think we should "finalise" the first 100 pages or so and take them out of the doc? That way the trolls do less damage and chrome will stop crashing every thirty seconds.

That's what the editor user was supposed to be doing.
There's also a new doc (check above).

Anyone else find it weird there's a book series about a Harry nicknamed rabbit who slowly grows fat?

What?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit,_Run

Meme magic. Nothing about the carrots tho.

better than Rupi Kaur should be our motto

Best book since Infinite Jest

Keep up the memes!

Is there a plot to this. Seems like each chapter has nothing in relation to the last other than the first name's of some characters.

More so than Tundra or even Hypersphere, but it's still fairly chaotic. The edited version once uploaded should have a more coherent narrative.

This book is not serious enough, life and the world and literature are serious. This attempt at a work brings down the serious value of Veeky Forums and hampers my reputation by even being here.

Exactly the point, it shows how crazy and absurd, confusing and upsetting your experience will be if you fail to be serious. So it is a very serious exquisitely crafted artistic treatment metaly detailing this subject of your agreed distaste. It is only telling of some deficiency of your own that you could not see this for yourself.

rocket man

jet's pizza sucks and I definitely will never try that business!

>infinite jets

Edit user here
just want to let you guys know i'm still working hard on the edit. Mostly just tidying it up a bit and making distinctions between separate sections. will have a new link up tomorrow.

I think its going to be a long long time

bumpi

did it all get deleted again

get the real link from discord

what an awful idea. Just take the finalized shit out and throw up a new doc

I'm the boss here

Back up again :^)

what exactly is the situation now? i know a good guy is editing, but if i post something in the doc will that be included in the edit?

Unknown. For now it's best to post in the 2nd doc and keeping a copy on disc.

another update from edit user just so you guys know where i'm at

i'm about a third of the way through tidying up and organizing the first part. Was busy yesterday with university so i didn't get a lot of committed time to work on it. Going nowhere today so, i'll be able to finish up in a couple of hours.

some user said i'd be done by 8 am today. sorry, i don't know where you got that time from, but it's not gonna be done by 20 minutes ago.

Keep up the ""good" "work"".

>editing it before it's finished

I think it's fine, it will give us a decent scaffolding to build upon.

Samefag.

Shut the fuck up

I wish someone would add more narrative to it, instead of the shitposts :P

Do it then.
I'm literary going to write some shit on monday.

edit user here. please read the full post

docs.google.com/document/d/1sE7GSn7i0_FJRPNpsBk08VWu0DrMAeF7VPEH9KYAbOI/edit?usp=sharing

here is the link to the new doc. Not a lot has been changed. some of the (authors notes) have been turned into footnotes, a few segments have been changed around and one or two shitposts have been deleted. This is, after all, supposed to be a parody of ready player one's tendency to constantly reference shit. Your paragraph of "Niggers and kikes lolllll!!!1!!! XD" was deleted because it did not match this format. in other words, Anons.... easy on the shitposting.

you can copy paste your pre-written segments wherever you feel they best fit. But, be advised, for the sake of editing ease and formatting, please add a header to your piece after you add it to the doc if it is a standalone text. this is done so we can tell where one section starts and another begins. this makes rearranging much easier on the editors.

"why was my stuff deleted but X wasn't?"
some things may have been lost due to the deletefags on thursday night messing with us for over three straight hours. if you found your writing was deleted do not fret, you are free to try again and write something new so long as you adhere to the theme we're going for as well as.

Based edit user

>this page was left unintentionally blank
Reddit as fuck, and really unfunny

still missing the rest of game over racists

read the last part of my post

This project is litty af.

What do you think about my Dune Wikipedia article on carrots™?

page?

That gag was used countless times in tundra

perfect reason to use it in this entirely new book