Try to read

>try to read
>fall asleep

Dude this happen to me almost everyday at home.

>read at bedtime
>stay up reading

>try to read
>sing

That's me doing anything in bed
If I'm laying down, I'm gonna fall asleep
I have to sit in a recliner to be comfortable for reading for a long time

>try to read
>the book is actually enjoyable and gives me interesting insights into the subject matter
Don't fall for the Veeky Forums meme, just read whatever the fuck you want as long as you actually WANT to read it

>try to fall asleep
>find myself reading until 2 in the morning
I can understand people doing this with games but how I manage to stay awake this long baffles me every time.

The problem is that my mind often tries to self insert itself into the story and what I would do in that situation. Then my eyelids close and I snooze off.

try reading something you're really interested in

>try to read
>shitpost on Veeky Forums indefinitely

I do this a lot lately because I'm staying at a friend's (lost my job; freelancing for now) and the evenings are usually spent talking and he talks very aggressively and I drink a lot and by the time he goes to bed I'm mentally exhausted.

It depends. For many of my reading sessions, reading actually invigorates me instead of tiring me. But occasionally I do feel drowsy, although that might be due to things outside of reading or the book itself.

>try to read
>have to stop because what I'm reading is probably what created the dullest franchise in the history of game franchises.
Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>try to sleep
>lurk on Veeky Forums for hours

>>try to write
>>fall asleep

>try to read
>get distracted by depressing thoughts

>try to write
>start browsing Veeky Forums after a few lines

>try to read
>play video games instead after like 5 pages
later that day
>try to read