Name a better Lovecraft story

Name a better Lovecraft story

You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

wordsworth-editions.com/author/lovecraft-h.p.
wordsworth-editions.com/collections/mystery-&-supernatural
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rats in the walls and colour out of space

my nigga
rats in the walls is my favorite. I enjoyed Dream Quest a lot as well and I am surprised that's not very well received.

Dunwich Horror and Shadow Over Innsmouth are my favourites because of my abnormal racial beliefs

The Shadow Out of Time

nothing will ever beat the imagery of Dagon

Colour out of Space will always be the best of his

in the walls of eryx is absolutely terrifying, but nobody seems to have read it, eveybody reads the same 10 or so lovecaft stories.

What do you guys think of these editions?

wordsworth-editions.com/author/lovecraft-h.p.

what was the story where two guys are sitting outside of a house, and the house tells them to fuck off

Nice. Shadow is my favorite, and I can get behind that, not many easily accessible authors have the harmless yet deeply rooted racism Lovecraft held. I empathize.

Why aren't those covers shitty like their classic series?

The Nameless City scared the ever living fuck out of me when I was a wee lad of 16 years.

wordsworth-editions.com/collections/mystery-&-supernatural

I mean, I was surprised as well, but they did a rather good job with the spoopy series.

>racial beliefs
>not Arthur Jermyn
One of my favorites.

which 10 would that be?

Not even my favourite, but the festival easily surpasses it. TFW evolved giant maggots have embodied your ancestors in order to perform dark rituals.

maybe it'S 11 or 9, just an estimate, but I'd say: colour out of space, shadow out of time, call of cthulhu, dreamquest of unknown kadath, thing on the threshold, shadow over innsmouth, rats in the walls, okay, it's just 7 i can think of off the top of my head, but most people haven't read much lovecraft beyond that (not that anybody would need to, anyway, he ain't THAT great)

it's kinda self-reinforcing, the most popular stories are what most people will read, thus cementing their place at the top even more

is the mountains of madness any good?
i will read it nonetheless, just wonder what people think of it

*niggerman

>colour out of space
fpbp

I adored the Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath and the rest of Lovecraft's Dream Cycle phase. I went on to reading Lord Dunsany's and Clark Ashton Smith's works after that.

Are there any other authors who write stories in the same vein?

The music of erich zann

The Picture in the House is my favorite. The opening is sooo good.