Bookshelf Thread

Didn't see one in the catalogue. Rate, hate, assume what other anons' lives are like based solely on the presentation of their books.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/THE-Aeneid-by-Virgil-Easton-Press-100-Greatest-Books-Leather-/322812667823?hash=item4b292267af:g:k6AAAOSw5ShZ2RUP
ebay.com/itm/1977-EASTON-PRESS-IVAN-TURGENEV-FATHERS-SONS-100-GREATEST-BOOKS-LEATHER-/302476941319?hash=item466d07d807:g:iuEAAOSwH41Z1UKJ
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0007182368/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
barnesandnoble.com/w/lord-of-the-rings-j-r-r-tolkien/1100188646?ean=9780618517657#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nigga where's the bookcase?

Just moved into a new place I'm looking around for one.
I've seen you posting this before, do you fill the bottom parts covered by the tv with things you never read/have already read?

No it just stacks up as I buy things. If I need something from the bottom I just take out what's on top. It's not as hard as it looks. But the bottom is made up of older book a I've read pretty much. The top is newer shit.

Older books I've read*

Other shelf

Do you have any Swedish authors or books you would recommend? I've read a lot of HÃ¥kan Nesser and he is basically the only Swedish author I've read.

t. Finfag

How's that edition of Ulysses? Been meaning to pick up a copy for a while. Also
>A Shorter Finnegans Wake
Why?

Strindberg is presumably our Nietzsche.

>welcome to the nhk
>into the wild
lol

Into the wild, sure, you have have your "lol", didnt even finish it. Was pretty "meh".

The NHK novel was really good though. You get another insight on Satou loneliness than the anime, its alot less "dark comedy" and just simply dark & depressing.

both are bad, its just funny because theyre thematically polar opposites. one neet who lives in his room in tokyo trying to enter society, another about a normie trying to 'escape' into the wilderness and be alone.

You posted the same fucking picture in a stack thread last week lol.

Pianist, christfag, history buff?

Cosa cazzo ci fa un altro italiano su Veeky Forums? Vattene sono io l'unico vero italiano!

Cool editions. Where did you buy these?

Good taste OP. What percentage have you read?

They go for less than $10 sometimes on ebay

ebay.com/itm/THE-Aeneid-by-Virgil-Easton-Press-100-Greatest-Books-Leather-/322812667823?hash=item4b292267af:g:k6AAAOSw5ShZ2RUP

ebay.com/itm/1977-EASTON-PRESS-IVAN-TURGENEV-FATHERS-SONS-100-GREATEST-BOOKS-LEATHER-/302476941319?hash=item466d07d807:g:iuEAAOSwH41Z1UKJ

Oh Mr bean

Gambler. Cuz fw is insane to read on your own. Burgess helps a lot

you're not alone, italians are almost all lurkers here.

Remember me? ;^)

You seem well read in fiction.

>The Buried Giant
Nice, you seem to have some nice editions.

You love lotr. Where can you get that anniversary edition?

McCarthy loving entry level Veeky Forumsizen, how is that abridged Joyce?

These editions look nice but put me off for some reason. Too gaudy, perhaps.

Philosophical gambler.

No.

>not a monolinglet
nice

Forgive the slight potato quality.

I still haven't unpacked mine, so here is the collection of books that I accumulated during the time I was living in temporary accomodation. Everything decent is either on my ereader or in storage, and I need to get another bookshelf some time to put in the other room so I can drag my storage out, but what can you do.

Several of these items were gifts that I have not yet managed to conveniently pass on.

Your shelf gives me anxiety. You obviously do not live in an area prone to violent earthquakes.

I am having similar issues with your set-up.

Other book case

Shit lying around my apartment Not in Toronto. Thank heavens

Christ you're lucky. I have to secure my bookshelves and other tall furniture to the beams in the walls so they don't fall on anyone in case of a rogue magnitude 7, but a local shallow magnitude 5 could also do it.

>Mass market paperbacks
Reeeeeeeeeeee

>but what do you need the book for after you read them?

>samuraicore

I hope my kids will read them. Most likely they will think there gay and never read them.

heyy sweetie ;)

Pls, no bully

One of four walls

How many toes on that foot?

Don't make fun of my weird foot nigger.

Why did you go out of your way to include that gross ass foot?

Give away or sell some shit if you can't even organize them in a shelf

I recently acquired the exact same copy of "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" for a buck at a library bookstore.

Bo Balderson

I can organize them on shelves, I just don't have shelves and I see no purpose in buying them until I buy I home where I can have a good library.

Giving about books that you can read again is pleb tier.

Good eye

Waiting for Godot is perfect.

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0007182368/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Here is my one.

For America I could only find this
barnesandnoble.com/w/lord-of-the-rings-j-r-r-tolkien/1100188646?ean=9780618517657#

Basically the same thing only much more gaudy looking.

Strange Vollmann pics. The Royal Family and Imperial are both really good. I have read everything by him, and I would say that Last etc was his second worst. If you like The Royal Family, I would suggest Whores For Gloria and Rainbow Stories. If you like Imperial, I would suggest Poor People and the one that he has coming out.

Derp. Picks, I mean.

If only i could actually see the books.can you could post more detailed pictures pls.