I like this guy, especially when he affirms to me that it is logical to hate Muslims...

I like this guy, especially when he affirms to me that it is logical to hate Muslims. Why don't other fine intellects follow in his tradition in rationalizing Islamophobia. I'd defo subscribe to their podcasts otherwise.

I bet you can't name a single philosopher with more podcast downloads.

Can you please stop trying to turn this place into another /pol/?

He is at his best interviewing scientists and tech pioneers and letting them speak after asking pertinent questions.

Otherwise he is of little value to the world of lettered discourse.

>islamophobia
Kek

What book is this?

>hatred
>logical
Is that what brainlets tell to themselves?

*blocks your path*

Atheism is for faggots.

Become an atheistic Christian.

What does Dennis Reynolds have to do with islamophobia?

Kek night at the museum was good desu but not red pilled I mean seriously teddy roosevelt?

please no

This guy used to be so sober and calculating, it really fascinates me the extent to which the left is stuck in a post-election hysteria.

Guy will sit there and rattle off statistics then follow it with "and Trump has the nuclear codes we're literally all gonna die TOMORROW."

I'm really enjoying it

this board is for LITERATURE

He isn't left leaning at all.

Also

>This guy used to be so sober and calculating
defending torture and advocating first strike nuclear attacks = sober and calculating
shitting on trump = kek he's losing his damn mind

Where did this "podcast intellectual" subculture even come from

forgot im on a board loaded with pinko bottoms

and even when he discussed those he was measured, adding 4 caveats to every sentence and citing all his sources. You can't reduce his newfound "lmao drumf am i right?" to a mere "he was always nuts xD"

doesn't matter how many caveats and sources you add or how cool and comfy your voice sounds, advocating nuclear first strike is FUCKING NUTS
stop looking at how something is dressed up and look at the matter itself

>if i remove all context from a thought experiment i can frame it in such a way that im super correct

wow guy fantastic job, wish i want to fancy argument school like you

>if I make a competely retarded scenario filled with carefully selected context call it a thought experiment I can always be right even when I'm wrong even if 99% of people don't give a shit about the "context" and they'll say "this smart guy supports nuking 'em, must be fine then"

>religious criticism
>>hatred

G-d forbid that a race of Semites with a totally self-serving sociopathic religion should infiltrate our Western societies and subvert and destroy them for their own interests.

>it's only a phobia if professor Shekelstein tells me they're a "protected class" for some reason

Why aren't Christophobia, Phallophobia, or Europhobia in our progressive lexicon?

>I don't like thought experiments ;(
>I genuinely believe the number of people who cite Sam Harris as the driving force behind their ideological endorsement of nuclear warfare to be above the single-digits worldwide

>I bet you can't name a single philosopher with more podcast downloads.
are you forgetting about the BIGGEST philosophy show in the world

>it's not like ideas go from one person to another and a thinker can influence society without them explicitly naming him as an influence

it's funny how all "philosophers" now are just political pundits

>ideas that I don't like are toxic and must be contained

>it's been an hour and a half, he must've forgotten how the discussion went so I'll just shit out this strawman accusation supported only by the farts in my skull that I generously call "thoughts"

>i can't postulate arguments so i just greentext everything instead

>Un-ironically using the term "Islamophobia."

To quote a real philosopher:
>Mohammad said that he was sent in the power of his arms, which are signs not lacking even to robbers and tyrants.

his podcast was super ironic. he basically argued truth didn't depend on the factual validity of a claim, but rather if it was useful for the person. which is about as postmodernist as it gets.

also a sneaky way to claim religion is "true" if it helps a junkie get his life back on track.

>atheism is gay
>subscribe to atheist slave morality

is this satire

Underrated post

>rationalizing islamophobia
why would I have to do that, you slimey lefty?

This man, in our country he is everything.

there's no cure for trump derangement syndrome

Sounds pretty pragmatic desu

Because there is no opportunity to mythologize a narrative of fear, hatred, division, distraction, etc. in that perspective view. It's the same reason stories of whites killed by white cops don't make the national news. Don't be pretend to be ignorant because you feel the need to defend your identity group. Try to understand the game instead.

im glad you consider him as a philosopher than an actual scientist (which he isn't)

here's (You)r upvote

neck yourself

It's called Sage. Use it. Watch magic happen.

>philosopher
Kek