Literary confession thread

literary confession thread

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/lozo-382782666/212-lorenzo-the-genesis-generation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you first

I haven't read a book in close to ten years.

>Veeky Forums doesn't actually read books
What a shocking revelation

fiction feels like a waste of time

I tried to read a self help book once but was too depressed and stopped

Most of it is, that's why I read the classics and select bits contemporary stuff.

Escapist culture killed fiction, IMO.

i kant red

One day... one day I will read again.

I often post famous poems in the critique threads as my own work. it's ok because no one here recognizes them.

I also crosspost threads from r/books here. the replies are strikingly similar although they tend to actually enjoy books and reading.

I had to read a few parts of don quixote in highschool and liked it some much I ended up reading the whole thing. Now I remember almost nothing of it, yet I claim is one of the best books I ve ever read.

Here you go. One (Roman numeral 'I') Kant book in red.

Poetry is fucking gay

milk and honey tore through my analytical mind and burrowed deep into my ultra-sensitive soul. It slayed all my emotions, my feminist desires, and my love for vulnerable writing. I may not know a lot about poetry, but I do know a decent amount about feelings, and Rupi Kaur brought all my feelings tumbling out with this gorgeous collection of poems. She writes about love and loss, trauma, and femininity - subjects that I so happen to adore. In spare yet thorough language, she addresses what it feels like to be broken, to be loved, and to be stronger on one's own. This collection, while in many ways simple, addresses some of the darkest and most hopeful matters of the human heart. If you enjoy marinating in your feelings or if you often ponder topics like female empowerment, getting over heartbreak, or what it means to love, I would recommend you check out milk and honey asap.

Never finish Moby Dick or The Whale

You are right though

People who say this have no business talking about literature. Not opinion. Fact.

Most /highschool/ thing you could ever say. Haven't you grown out of that user?

Which one? Both of them?

I read for aesthetics alone

I let others form my opinions on books because I'm too inept to do it myself. I hate myself for being this way but I can't do better.

Call me Ishmael

im reading it rn

I find actual reading a chore but I really enjoy discussing different interpretations of books.

I'd also prefer re-merging this board with Veeky Forums and /classical/

It is a good book, I stopped reading because I wanted to start Crime and Punishment, that was three years ago. Maybe I will start again. What annoys me is that some chapters are just descriptions of whales, they read like a biology book and that makes it a really tiresome experience.

I enjoyed The Castle of Otranto

I get horny when reading iliad.
I'm a man.

hahahahahahahaha
>remerging with Veeky Forums
god no, that place is such a shithole, it's no wonder every philosophy thread takes place on this board

Veeky Forums is the better half. Allowing philosophy threads is a gateway to the most facile shitposting and has unironically killed this board over the last two years.

when i first started reading the sun and all her flowers i didn't think i was going to enjoy it as much as milk and honey. it was very relationship heavy at the start and that's just not something i can relate to. however, as the collection went on so many different topics were addressed. the way rupi kaur wrote about her rape broke my heart. there's also really great poems in there about feminism (i love that female masturbation is addressed) as well as rupi's experience of being an immigrant. there's just something about the way she writes because i feel every single word in my soul even on the poems that i can't connect to on a personal level.

I have read only about ~35 works that could be considered high literature while friends of mine have read 250+ in the same timespan. However, I still keep up the appearance of being well read and often give my opinion on stuff I have no idea about

35 is pretty good unless you're old, seeing as how it averages out to at least 3 classic books a year (which isn't bad if they're the size of Dicken's or Toltoy's works)

I can't get through the first part of Lolitia cuz it makes my wee wee very hard.

I once proofread a 36k word dissertation that analyzes >20 hentai doujins from a single artist while occasionally namedropping philosophers

why
how

At the request of a friend
Who just so happens to be the author

I am too redpilled to enjoy reading anymore

I can't read or write or even speak english and but so extremely self-referantial

Why did he write it, what was it like

THEY'RE NOT "CARTOONS" DAD! THEY'RE LITERATURE!

I read 100-150 pages in a day, then 50 in a week, then 20 in a month, then I find something else to read.

He has at times professed that he considers hentai a perfectly valid artistic medium
His English is fairly poor so that needed some fixing up and he also likes to namedrop philosophers that he hasn't read. I'm not much better in that regard but it rubs me the wrong way. I'm certainly not trying to attack or insult the man, far from it, but I feel like this sort of thing needs confessing, regardless of whether its taken in a positive or negative sense.
There's still a thread up on /h/ if someone's particularly interested.

>ancients greeks are overrated
>chinese 4 classics are overrated
>the bible doesn't have literary worth and neither does the quran
>the talmud is underrated, only the babylonian one though
>Camus is the greatest writer of the 20th century
>Kafka is shit
>Joyce is juvenile
>Orwell is entry level
>I haven't read the great gatsby
>I haven't read the illiad
>I don't like Pessoa but admit he is great
>borges is the greatest science fiction wirter of all time

i don't read lol

I buy most of the books Veeky Forums likes when I find them at garage sales or Goodwill and stuff, but I rarely read them.

I refuse to finish Gravity's Rainbow because Pynchon wrote it while partying and getting "fucked up" in Mexico and has stated for the record that he has no idea what it's about.

Kafka deserves all the scholarship he has already received and more.

The Bible is a shit book.

I often times reread paragraphs I've already read and do not recall reading them the first time.

same with /r/books. Anytime I post about how people often only pretend to read a book I rack up downvotes.

That's my favorite episode of Tom and Jerry.

the philosophy threads on this board are 95% shit though

My confession: I intentionally avoid anything written by Americans who aren't Wallace Stevens, Herman Melville and Harold Bloom

I shouldn't be here.

i really like listening to stupid lsd/mushroom/mdma podcasts and conspiracy theory shit, mainly because i've smoked way too much weed. i am worried that my drug obsession is seeping into my writing in a negative way

soundcloud.com/lozo-382782666/212-lorenzo-the-genesis-generation is an example of the kind of thing i listen to as i help pass the time in my stupid office job where i write software all day

I will never finish Ulysses. I think it's a bore and a waste of my time. Meme-tier. Joyce has become proto-DFW.

Rupi Kaur's work has no literary merit whatsoever, but some of her "" ""poems"" "" kinda resonate with me. If it wasn't for the bitchmade contemporary feminism (disgrace to its origins) and the abuse of the race card, she could completely replace my guilty pleasure. Which is reading easy-to-digest instapoets and deepmemes. Pic related.

I like Camus. No joke.

The suffering artist is a romantic and attractive concept no matter how cliche. I don't despise it.

I think you guys are contrarian in everything.
>don't LARP as X, it's cringe
>be yourself
>lmao stop trying to be original faggot don't be yourself

Hemingway is good,

Pynchon is not.

English poetry sucks bar a few examples.

I mostly post drunk.

I think that's about it rn.

.t drunk

I Kant(red)

This

ur picture is to big and u gesture at nothing

I read the first and then the last chapter before moving to the second chapter.
Helps me keep track of themes.

Care to explain why you think that? Genuinely curious

I have been reading less and less for pleasure with each year. During uni I have to do like 50 pages of course related reading which is usually quite dense and takes a substantial amount of time on a daily basis and during the weekend I have no energy to devote more time to reading. I do read for enjoyment in the summer, but I still cannot bring myself to do it as much as I would like to.

Link my friend?