Scalability vs Creativity

Whether ur a writer, a person with a dream, or any type of solo entrepreneur, u have 2 achieve scale or else ‘it is all just a waste of time.’ No matter how pure ur product is, don’t kid urself–it’s all about scale.

Scalability is the way society validates ideas. If ur idea is useful, u should have the opportunity 2 scale. Scalability is the ultimate ‘pat on the back’ via society. You can be reminded that the world NEEDS u. Ppl ARE DEPENDENT upon u 4 something ‘unique.’ Thanks 4 manifesting that scalable idea.

Subconsciously, I want my writing ‘2 reach the entire world and change the way every1 thinks.’ This is what drives me to keep typing, 2 keep crafting my words in2 something ‘beautiful’ that describes ‘the human condition.’ I want 2 believe that ‘what I write’ could mean something 2 every1 bc ‘the universal message is inside me’ [via Millenial Gen Z vibes]. I want 2 feel comfort in feeling that what I feel is the exact same way people who are like me feel, except that what I feel is different, too.

If u aren’t thinking abt scaling ur idea, u have conceded the ideas:
I am poor
I am not going to ascend towards the top of an industry or business’ employment pyramid.
I am not going 2 create a personal narrative of ‘substantial growth’ that ‘started from the bottom.’
I have ‘settled’
I am just another idiot in this world continuing 2 arbitrarily exist even though all i really want is food, shelter, and periodic indulgent experiences.

Our eternal standards of societal success are defined by scale.
We must achieve scale in order 2 feel as though we have ‘fans,’ which is the nice term 4 ‘recurring customers.’
While u scale (especially online), u must retain customer data in a widely-used contemporary medium in order to eternally re-market to your fans/users.
Scale creates a ‘fear of missing out’ by those who have not interacted and/or invested in ur brand.
Eventually, u’ve scaled s0o0o big that u don’t even have 2 try n e more. U will continue 2 exist bc u’ve scaled 2 the point that it doesn’t matter.
Even if u tried 2 make ur product ‘more meaningful’, it will actually just be a waste of time and money. Ur product is what it is.

Art cannot exist in the scalable landscape.
Art criticism does not exist on scalable media websites.
Audiences who process ‘art’ in the scalable media landscape are not ‘authentic’.
The message of artists becomes compromised when they are ‘promoted’ on scalable media.

Do we rlly like writers that exist 4 the purpose of scaling?
Do we rlly ‘trust’ websites that primarily exist 2 scale?
Do we like businesses that only rlly want to scale and don’t actually care abt their customers?

Is ‘authenticity’ rejecting scalability?
Is ‘happiness’ embracing the narratives of scalability?

What r u doing to scale ur writing Veeky Forums?
Or do u not actually have an idea that could evr matter 2 n e 1?

How is your post helping you scale?

i do not want 2 scale. i want to be 'authentic'.

Why then do you put quotes around authentic? and not around 'scale'. That conveys the idea that 'scalability ' is a more solid reality than 'authenticity'. Is that what you want to say?

I struggle with the difference between finding fulfillment by scaling vs creating.
Am I driven 2 scale?
Or am I driven 2 create?
Do I want to create in order to feel in control of a process that I feel meaningful?
Or do I ‘create’ in order 2 create an entity that is scalable into mass customers/users/audiences?
Am I driven 2 conform 2 an existing business model?
Am I driven 2 be a cog in the machine of another person’s scalable project? [via consistent employment]
Does my message even matter?
Or does the idea that I am scaling matter the most?

Should I actually be thinking of new ideas and concepts, or should I just focus on the process of scaling? Should I just replicate existing models of scalability in existing industries? Or is there some abstract message that can be ‘scaled’ [via ‘art’]?

2scale or not 2scale.

Do u evr wonder why everything u want 2 do seems meaningless, insignificant and pointless?

U can easily think of an idea. In the moment, the idea makes u feel alive. The thought of putting that idea into action, creating something, showing something 2 the world makes u feel alive. More alive than anything u’ve ever felt.

In a matter of seconds, u r simply overcome with the thought, “Why effing bother?”

Ur idea will never reach EVERY1 in the world.
They will not be MOVED by ur idea.
Ur idea will not IMPACT their world.
The world does not care abt ur idea.
The world is fucking busy and does not have time 2 give a shit abt u.
The world won’t even ‘get’ ur idea and ‘appreciate’ the true beauty of your (in)tangible originality.
N e ways, some1 already tried ur shitty idea, and it failed fucking miserably, so stop thinking ur special anyways.

Ur idea will nvr SCALE in2 something bigger.

A.B.S.: Always be scaling

Do u think tao lin scales?

kek

>authenticity is not scalable

Of course it is, you simply don't show every quirky/interesting feature all at once and when people figure a couple out for themselves, they appreciate the authenticity more. Including "at scale."

Take the rapper RiffRaff for example -- a good portion of that is media-gurgle, the show to put on as a marleting gimmick to attain scale faster, but without the artist's authenticity in choosing how/where/when to do what, it wouldn't work.

Same thing with, say, the art of Sakimichan, that ends up making her something like 40k/month. Authenticity catches attention --> True fandom is born --> Fervor of true fandom + Marketing = leads to scale.

Kind of the same thing with someone like Jim Carrey as well. He tried the "my Jewish background makes me relevant" shtick and it didn't work, he tried being his authentic "self" and it worked (there's a video of him from the 90's wherein you can literally watch the point at which he realizes if you "be yourself" you can act batshit crazy and people don't take it the wrong way. Then he gets a few roles in well-marketed works, onto talk shows with the authenticity, and over time people polarize to yes/maybe/no, changing places sometimes with different realizations of which parts of him are authentic and which are just jokes. His recent stint of existentialism has made some people think he's gone nuts, others think he should stfu and stick to comedy, and some of his fans are fanatics and love him all the more for being open about his thought/feeling/growth process.

>TL;DR authenticity attains opens the door for scaling via marketing

>Also, things don't necessarily have to be useful to scale them. Cigarettes were sold by mass marketing and manipulating social psychology of the public. The "Freedom Torches" campaign is a prime example of scaling something that doesn't just figuratively burn up your money or make it go up in smoke. It does nothing for you. Yet people bought into it then, and there are still dumbasses who smoke today.

I believe that the future of authentic independent culture cannot continue as a mechanism of large scale content farms.

I think the biggest challenge for the current creative class are the limitations of reasonable scalability in mediums that only create an illusion of ‘reach.’ By pumping more content in order to validate the monetizable metrics of the internet, content is no longer seen as ‘created bc it is important.’

Users now see the entire world as clickbait, and every message is compromised in order 2 scale.

Should creative entities have 2 worry abt undertaking projects 4 the purpose of scaling?
How do new artists succeed when online mediums are built to promote topics that already have an expansive reach?
Can websites rlly ‘be cultural hubs’ when their ultimate goal is 2 scale at all costs?
Does ‘the best art’ eventually reach appropriate audiences so none of this bullshit even matters?

>Do u evr wonder why everything u want 2 do seems meaningless, insignificant and pointless?
Nope. If I enjoy doing it, and doing it makes me wake up every day, it clearly has meaning and significance for me, hence also a point. Since humans are pretty similar, there is a good chance, the end result will have meaning for someone else, making it even more meaningful and significant.
>showing something 2 the world makes u feel alive.
But user, that's just a bonus.
>Ur idea will never reach EVERY1 in the world.
So what? It reached me, afterwards every other person it reaches just doubles and triples the greatness.
>They will not be MOVED by ur idea.
>Ur idea will not IMPACT their world.
There were ideas that accomplished it, why would I be arrogant enough to attempt predicting the future?
>The world does not care abt ur idea.
I am part of the world, and I do care tho.
>The world is fucking busy and does not have time 2 give a shit abt u.
The world is also fucking large. There are probably millions of people looking up dog fucking videos or masturbate to their copy of Mein Kampf or some random picture on FB.
>The world won’t even ‘get’ ur idea and ‘appreciate’ the true beauty of your (in)tangible originality.
Real originality doesn't exist, our brains can just rehash input and mix it together. Enough to create something that stands out. Whether others find it original or not, is not my place to decide.
>N e ways, some1 already tried ur shitty idea, and it failed fucking miserably, so stop thinking ur special anyways.
That applies to most ideas. Tons of people fail, few succeed. There is no certainty that I am going to fail, try is fun, besides, it's not like there is even a choice for me.

Sounds like you have a non-issue at your hands.

>nicotine does nothing for you
Nigga, wut?

what the fuck is this gobbledygook?

>Is ‘authenticity’ rejecting scalability?
u need 2 reconcile them into 'authentic' scaling [via scaling as performance art]

How do I scale the authenticity pyramid? (asking for a friend)

You have to be auth.

Auth (sounds like goth).

It is short for ‘authentic’ but also sorta ‘funnie’ because it sounds like ‘goth.’

Say it to yourself. “Auth.”

It is not ‘scalable.’

Auth artists aren’t ‘trying to scale’ within the controlling mediums. Auth artists focus on their message/creating a vibe, that is sorta niche. Auth will be 4 the ppl, by the ppl.

Auth is a way of life, rejecting ‘being alternative'

AUTH art will be sustainable, but not scalable.

Auth is 4 ‘real ppl’ who want 2 feel real feelings & emotions.

Auth wants 2 be meaningful.

Auth wants 2 mean something 2 u.

Auth artists believe that cultural media only publishes 2 cheapen art & culture by marginalizing it.

Auth lit fans just want new writing that is approached as art, instead of seeking a medium of validation.

Another worthless shitskin thread. Of course.

What r u gonna scale in ur lifetime?

I'm working on a machine learning system that will read my finished stories and re-write them, then compare with already freely available publications.
My aim is to eventually arrive at a point whereby my computer is re-producing my initial story in different genres. So i can start blasting them off to publishers.

are you the guy who writes an erotica novella every day and self publishes it on amazon?

What happened to Carles? He could have developed all of this into a wider parody-theory of contemporary culture. With the same writing style and all. I would read it.

are school shootings the last viable form of performance art? was elliot rodger an authentic scaler?