>doesnt know naming conventions
>terrible taste

yep bait post confirmed

>llosa
>5

Top 3, faggot.

senpai no one here has read more than, like, 3 of those authors, if even that

because most of them are shit
for real though, I think most people here have read Modiano, Grass, Llosa and Coetzee

uhhh...
yea....
about that lmao...

you must be new to Veeky Forums friend, or have much more optimistic expectations for the average poster here

I said 'most'. I do know that there are the high school freshman "SHULD I READ THE STRANGER???" threads, but if you manage to start a civilized discussion, you can learn that some people here do read.

the problem is, nobelcore writers or even some "classics" are not as Veeky Forumscore and good as lit's favs. for instance you can't consider some aggravating, boring ramblings of some random chinese guy to be as interesting as Ulysses; same goes for why Hemmmingway and Camus are memed and/or disliked: not memey enough, not maximalist enough, not lul so quirky.

>I said 'most'. I do know that there are the high school freshman "SHULD I READ THE STRANGER???" threads, but if you manage to start a civilized discussion, you can learn that some people here do read.

i agree with you but the latter is the minority, while the >how do i into the greeks freshman is the vast majority of the userbase here. and that's discounting the people who dont read at all but crossboard for keks

>he rates Dylan

i only know Dylan and Ishiguro.
i’m great at parties tho

>Dylan
>anywhere but the absolute bottom

I believe that a lot of posts in the greeks threads are just for pure memery and entertainment
I even posted in one a few days ago

>Pamuk aka turkroach murakami above anyone
>Jelinek that low
kys

I'm sure you have read lots of "Jelenik" lol
also
>Grass that low
I'm mad haha

>Your placement of Munro and Lessing

>2. Lessing

Please explain this ranking. She wrote only one good book and then a whole bunch of shitty sf junk.

>Fo dead last
Ey, fuck you too mane

youtu.be/6lZhaP9NYXw

I litterally don't know who any of these people are

Have you read their books however?

what the fucking fuck

Great books in this list that I have read:
Remains of the Day
Buried Giant
Disgrace
Waiting for the Barbarians
Feast of the Goat
War at the end of the World
Voices from Chernobyl
Sandalwood Death
Red Sorghum
youtube.com/watch?v=dgc3p-KA46E

Dylan should be at the bottom, you fucking idiot. The Nobel is about literary merit and he doesn't even write literature.

I urge you to watch and reconsider

I love when brainlets get triggered because they can't understand dylan at all.

I love him and have loved him all my life.

That said, Novel is for prose and verse, Dylan's great work has all been lyrical. Give him Grammy's every day, or the Nobel for his activism in the 60s, but not for literature.

*Nobel in Literature

Genuinely surprised nobody has had anything bad to say about #1.

>Piano Teacher the movie >>> Piano Teacher the book.

Who the fuck has read Modiano? Guy is a scrub.

>mfw half the pleb burgers ITT bitching about the (((nobel prize))) unironically think hacks like Memecarthy or Foster wallace deserve it
kek

i only read life and times of michael k and itw as pretty mediocre.
i have high hopes for disgrace, however, reading that soon

Good taste my man

I realised recently that this Nough-Bell shit is stupid.

Not to say that the people who won the prizes aren't good, they're all hella good. But they're not always the best, and sometimes not even by a long shot. It's just a prize like any other thing man, its not the judgement of some almighty deity, its a panel of blokes each with their own standards and morals and judgements and whatever. I stopped caring about this shit like I stopped caring about the oscars and the grammys. Actually I never cared about those things, idk what im saying.

you sound like a numale

Dylan is a great poet.

Man, I hadn't considered the idea of gender up until the millisecond I finished reading your post. I think you should broaden your thought horizons.

I'm sure he did, meaning Conan. Probably less so, since that's just how it goes. Obama has less character than Trump. Obama didn't have excesses of personality to latch onto to make jokes about. Trump does. I'm only defending Conan here, the rest of those guys aren't worth it.

Who's the best writer who won the nobel?

William Faulkner by a long shot.

You are the one that sounds like you should go back.

*songwriter

Oe, Sienkiewicz, Tagore, Hamsun, Yeats, T. S. Eliot, Camus, Seamus Heaney, Naipaul

vastly overrated

>reading modern fiction

>I love him and have loved him all my life.
What does this have to do with your shitpost? Do you think that it somehow validates it? kys

"I am proud of my ignorance and lack of knowledge in modern literature. I only read off of charts and what my professors tell me, and am an intellectual coward, so taking a chance isn't really my thing. It is much safer to run with a demonstrably false meme than to read a book which does not have fifty years of ivory tower critique"

>he considers aggravating, boring ramblings of some random Irish guy to be more interesting than Soul Mountain
>presumes to have any ground to judge anyone else's taste

Montale easily

He is the Dante of the 20th century

Life is too short to take a chance on something unproven, you sound like a brainlet.
Not saying I haven't taken chances on unproven things, when I started reading I did just that and ignored classics because I wanted to keep up with current happenings. I'm honestly much happier reading just classics for now.

you sound like a coward and a freshman in college easily influenced by others.

Disgrace is literally all muh white guilt, muh neggers being smarter than colonialists.

yes, Coetzee is a hack and he only got a nobel for criticizing white people. don't get your hopes up.

w-wow, he reads the classics! step aside, plebs, we have an intellectual titan here

>Life is too short to take a chance on something unproven
t. petit-bourgeois sheep that will never achieve anything of value

Enjoy living like a barnyard animal.

I value my time in general a lot but I value time for intellectual exercises the most because I don't have a fuck load, I'm not a NEET and I'm not reading literature for some trivial pleasure. There's nothing wrong with that. If you want to gamble with your precious time and there's obviously lower chance of greater reward, feel free to do so, I'd call you a stupid being in the same vein as you called me a coward.

>t. petit-bourgeois sheep that will never achieve anything of value
List your achievements that came out of reading modern literature.

Well, first of i all, i managed to discern between 'modern' literature and contemporary literature

Not all the works of those writer is contemporary, I imagine quite a few have probably retired. Try again.

As much as I love and respect Montale, why the Dante comparison here (despite the fact we’re dealing with 2 italians here ofc) ?

Getting published.

Self publishing doesn't count Brianna.

FWIW I think LATOMK is one of his weakest books.

Waiting for the Barbarians and Disgrace are perfect books.

plebs will never understand modiano

>Coetzee
>Dylan
>Pamuk

Bad. Bad. Not good.

>pamuk not on the last place
>he finds 400 hundred page mundane descriptions of people fucking in the bushes good