Our enemies are evil incarnate and we uphold all that's good

>our enemies are evil incarnate and we uphold all that's good

when did this literary meme start?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d9vwYYGkuLk
youtube.com/watch?v=m8n9fb4qYiE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably Christianity, given that the enemies of Christ really are evil incarnate, or close to it.

why are Christians such brainlets?
Was it Plato's doing?

This, and then brought into a archetype through Tolkien.

Judaism did it first
Also, Satan has a way more nuanced backstory and motivation than Voldemort imo

Plato was much more cautious in his moralizing and skeptical of his own concepts than the Christians. A lot of his dialogues involve his characters failing to come to a conclusion about the Good but trying several ideas and seeing what sticks and what fails.

He doesn't claim to have the absolute moral code of the universe.

The arrogance is Paul's bullshit. He was basically the origenal angry blogger of his time. His entire life is one huge big reaction to the time James, who at the time was recognized as the success of Christ, called him a fraud and forced him to publically denounce teachings

>origenal

Paul claims absolute morality because of his faith in Christ, which was bolstered by the vision he had on the road to Damascus. So one might argue that he has "evidence" on his side to support his morality. Plato doesn't seem to claim he ever had a mystical experience, though Socrates did.

Are you saying that Christian thought claims to have the absolute moral code of the universe?

During the first conflict? being rational makes you feel shitty and conflicted, so it is an easy way to not think about it

wait the whole "Peter (translator's note keikaku means plan'), and upon this rock I will build my church" never happened?

No, it totally did. Peter is the first pope and Paul is the first missionary, and together they're the twin pillars of the early Church. That's why they have the same feast day.

childhood

It's jarring to talk about 'Donald Trump' as an 'evil white supremacist'. That's part of what makes Trump so effective as a 4th gen warfare super weapon. Liberals are powerless, precisely because they are too invested in a spectacle that has been debased beyond all recognition. It's been almost a year and it still feels unreal, like an overlong sitcom gag that has begun to take on apocalyptic undertones. The good folks in Washington never saw the collapse of the American Empire coming, you can tell they expected, I don't know, at least a modicum of gravitas, instead they got Donald Fucking Trump broadcasting his dementia on twitter. Which, if you think about it, makes perfect sense. This is the only logical conclusion to your abortion of a civilisation, America.

Zoroastrianism did it first, actually

so how does James fit into it?

>YOUR CIVILIZATION
>t. white american 14 yo from the suburbs

I'm technically 18 and a happa mongrel but nice try.

I take it you never read Paradise Lost then?

Well, he certainly doesn't fit in in the way described in this lunatic post: There's a perceived tension between James' and Paul's treatment of the significance of the relationship between faith and works.

Some people blow this perceived tension up into a battle between the two -- in short, they read into the relevant texts far more than is actually there, rather like people who imagine that Mozart was actually murdered by Salieri.

I say 'perceived tension' because a careful reading of Paul and James demonstrates that there is little *actual* tension between the two

>I'm technically 18
what did he mean by this

I admit i have quite a few treasured memories RE the waning days of the American Empire. But I can't really say it's 'my civilisation', or yours from that matter. We are the children of the digital wasteland, looking in from the outside.

youtube.com/watch?v=d9vwYYGkuLk

It means he is underage but his birthday is not far

Satan is evil incarnate in PL. Milton was a fucking Puritan and Satan was written as a horny obsessive creep with no self control, misguided logic, and a craving for excess and fame.

No, silly Romanticuck, he wasn't writing a rebel hero, he was writing a petulant child. Later, petulant children like P.B. Shelley strongly identified with him.

Now one thing you gotta know about me: I fucking love science!
Its the fucking blood that courses through my nerd veins
Its the fucking air I breathe through my nerd nose, fucker.
And if I EVER hear you say shit about Rick and Morty, or my intellect, or the validity of the scientific method, I WILL not hessitate to correct you.
Of course you don't understand Rick and Morty. You ever read someone called Neietche? No? Well, he was a nihlist, like Morty. That's the truth, you little fundie bitch: NOTHING matters. In the words of Rick, “I may as well cut that thread early,” maybe then it won't hurt as mutch to realize that we're all just little cosmic specs of dust in an INFINITE nothingness, magnified by INFINITE dementions.

So here's my advice, loser. Stop talking shit on the internet, and MAYBE, just maybe, pick up a book? Maybe once you've got some physics background you'll know enough to appreciate the show, but likely, you'll be too stupid to get there.

Fuck you, and long live science.

Got brain damage when he fell off that horse of his most likely.

Arguably Beowulf, but honestly about as far back as humanity has had conflict and blamed an external source for bad shit happening.

>a long, long time ago

>misreading Beowulf

This is pure KINO black farce. Maybe Trump was actually a genius avant garde multimedia artist all along.
youtube.com/watch?v=m8n9fb4qYiE

in the Rigveda they call enemy tribes demons, evil, 'those opposed to good' etc. this isn't reallly new man

>a Veda is the same as Beowulf
Leave

Hinduism did it first, actually (The Ramayan)

When Elohim won the title of God against his murderous predecessor, The Father. Whom was born of the void and slayed cities like Sodom and Gomorrah for his own amusement

>not reading untranslated Beowulf

he's going to hit NK