How do you organize your bookshelves?

How do you organize your bookshelves?

i just toss all that shit in there backwards forewards i don't care side ways upright its all the same

pull tha tshit out bend the spine back and read it while its all folded in half

feels good to abuse taht little piece a shit fuckin book that thinks its smarter

crack the spines guys

ROYGBIV by HTML hex code of prominent color on cover

My favorites go between the book ends on my desk and everything else goes on my main bookshelf in my bedroom with them organized alphabetically by authors last name.

Series, categories, and authors are clumped.

There is no alphabetization, and the autobiographies are in next to the books on symbolism which in turn are next to the books on watercolor painting.

By size and subject mostly.

I just have the one, and it's upright next to the wall like most bookshelves are

literally don't even have shelves, just put them in my windowsills/on my cabinets like the disgrace of a human being that I am

I pile it up on the floor and rearrange it once every few times a day

Heaviest on the bottom, Lightest on the top.

fpbp

By size. But i wanna change it cus it looks ugly.

My books are in random stacks on my desk and floor

Language then last name then date published

By the concepts I wish to or believe I may learn from the books.

Circle of Isis, witchcraft and Egyptian magics with descriptions of calendars, holidays, and alchemical/aromatherapy ingredients counts as Anthropology/Cultural Ethnology with the Codex Gigas or a Book of Shadows. It's where I stuck copies of the Vedas, Bibles, Torah/Talmud, and Qur'an(Koran?).

Polska Mowa Parts I-IV(?), a cross between dictionaries and examples of Polish, count as Languages/Linguistics.

The Stuff of Thought & The Felt Meanings of the World count as World Modelling/Philosophy alongside Logotherapy, Geography of Peace & War, and Farmers et Farm Workers' Movements.

Nora Roberts' Divine Evil & most of Stephen King's repertoire are Pulp Horror/Amusement. Most anything that receives press is in a Pulp section.

The Dervish House is on the SciFi side and Deltora Quest is on the Fantasy side, but they both fall under Conceptualizing Styles & Ideas/Amusement. Same with some of Robert Holdstock, Glen Cook, Steven Erikson, Amy Thomson, Karen Traviss, Jack McKinney, and David Herter.

Dino Bazzati(?), Stephen Skinner, and Cornell Woolrich go alongside the Hinty's, Campbell's, and Dolch's around Comprehension/Global Lit & Fic Studies.

And then there's something like 3.6-3.8 TB of books and shit from entire Masonic libraries to the originals and translations of stuff on classics.mit.edu all the way into self-help and psychology.

>Not much a fan of games analysis (sports), memoirs, exposition essay-type shit/blogs/online articles, analyses reading like an English/Poetry/Literature Prof's personal opinions, or manuals. Though I have read real estate guides, forex/investments/stocks/trades, critics' works, and centuries of ethics lectures when I've been stuck in places I don't want to be. Fuck the DMV.

It was then I recognized the frog, the artist drew him sloppy and made him look slow. But I recognized him all right, it was Pepe, Pepe the Frog. Been through a rough patch ol' Pepe, maybe that's why he looked so glum, used to be beloved by the losers and the perverts of the world and it really looked like it was getting brighter for the amphibian, and I ain't fibbin'. Soon he'd be a household name like that singer and have his own pig-wife but he crossed with the wrong people, see, some of those losers and perverts also happened to be Nazis (they were into sadomasochism, taking the jizzer for ol' uncle Hitler, it's always the uncle, Hitler was never a father) and they twisted his arm, back and forth making armbands and hats that he'd have to wear, rituals he'd have to perform. It was all documented of course, Pepe thought so he would continue with the dress-up but they were just going to release 'em anyway. Destroy him and he'll come back, he's got nothing else and maybe it's where he was supposed to be anyway?
Pepe didn't know, he'd been dead a long time. Frogs don't live that long.

by color

i like having them in order of read

order of importance meaning modernists like woolf are last if they even exist in my bookshelf plane

>it looks ugly
wut

Tetris like so I could use all the space available.

by nationality.

I do not have a bookshelf. I have a city library 3 blocks from me. I check out a maximum of 2 books at a time and they sit on my nightstand. While I do not have a personal library, I do have an extensive amount of neatly and carefully transcribed and organized handwritten notes that have been filed away and that I can easily access at my leisure. I find that lifestyle choice much more aesthetic, not to mention affordable.

PEP PEPEe !!!

My collection's still pretty small, so I do:

1st shelf: Non-Fiction
2nd shelf: Fiction
3rd shelf: books that didn't fit in either, and are low priority

organized alphabetically by the author's last name

That's horrible

Books that I have read, then books I'm going to read.